GT6 Gran Turismo 6 News & Discussion

I've just read this on GTPlanet:

After more than a year and a half of regular software updates to Gran Turismo 5, they have become increasingly infrequent since 2.05 was launched back in February.
Today, Kazunori Yamauchi acknowledged and explained the slowdown with a post on Twitter, confirming Polyphony Digital is focusing development efforts on Gran Turismo 6.

@Newsportsx: that recent updates have become small or that there aren’t cars on DLCs, is this because you’re putting hard efforts on [GT] 6?
@Kaz_Yamauchi: Yep.

Of course, this certainly does not signal the end of the road for Gran Turismo 5; the new GT5 Academy Edition is scheduled for release in Europe next month, and is suspected to contain a few surprises according to the wording of its press release.
Kazunori Yamauchi also specifically confirmed that more new downloadable content is planned for GT5 during an interview at the Spanish GT Academy finals.

What are your thoughts on this?

Reports in March said Polyphony Digital is already scouting locations for Gran Turismo 6. Rumor has it Sony maybe preparing that game for PlayStation Vita as well.
IGN community member Adam Latham received a customer survey from Sony inquiring about both the Gran Turismo series and the PlayStation Plus subscription service. The questions strongly hint that, like Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time and PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, Sony may release the next Gran Turismo on PlayStation 3 and Vita simultaneously.

“You told us earlier how interested you would be in buying the PS Vita version of the latestGran Turismo game. Knowing that you might be able to get a discount on the PS3 version of the game, how interested are you now in the PS Vita version?” reads the survey.

The survey goes on to ask about potential perks for PlayStation Plus members, particularly the option for subscribers to receive a free copy of a game for PlayStation 3 if they purchase the PlayStation Vita version.

Racing games were once a fundamental pillar of the video game industry. When you announced a new arcade cabinet or a new home console, you had to show off your digital cars and how they handled. When the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 popped up more than half a decade back, it was clear that the era of car games was well and truly over. Ridge Racer indeed.

Forza and Need for Speed still find their audience, but you have to wonder how a game likeGran Turismo can survive in this day and age. Never count out Kazunori Yamauchi’s nigh on voyeuristic driving simulator though Gran Turismo 5 may have come out three years after it was expected to, but it still sold nearly 7.5 million copies in its first year on shelves, bringing the series’ lifetime sales to over 72 million copies. Not too shabby.

A simultaneous release on PlayStation 3 and PS Vita would do much to keep both the franchise relevant as well as Sony’s burgeoning two-platform software strategy. There was a dearth of new games for the PlayStation Vita at E3 2012. Assassin’s Creed: Liberation, All-Stars and Sly were already known or rumored, and Call of Duty: Black Ops Declassified is just a name at this point. A major PlayStation brand that is also the next true sequel in a series would truly cement the relationship between Vita and PS3.
Best not to hold your breath. Gran Turismo Portable for PSP was announced in 2004 and didn’t come out until the end of 2009. Ployphony Digital tends to take its time with these games.

source: digital trends

What makes you think that GT5 was a con?
Well i waited in anticipation for a long time, bought the console ect, i played lots of it on ps2 and loved it. So was really looking forward to it mate. When it finally came out i was gutted. The physics were ok - ish. Then the damage was poor and i hated hitting things to go bang and a totally crap effect. I hear its better with 2.0 update but its 100% not the best game as it was made out by sony ect. imho they wasted time rendering cars instead of delivering the product they promised.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back