GT6 Gran Turismo 6 News & Discussion

Rumour has it Bathurst might be coming to GT6.

Do you really think that GT6 is going to be a PS4 release? that would be a bad move on PD if they did that.

Is that how it's going to be, PS3 games will not be compatible with PS4? I certainly hope not!

Rumour has it Bathurst might be coming to GT6.

Do you really think that GT6 is going to be a PS4 release? that would be a bad move on PD if they did that.

Is that how it's going to be, PS3 games will not be compatible with PS4? I certainly hope not!
Yeah. PS3 is now like 5-6 years old right? So PS4 will be expected soon, probably in 2013. If they release it for PS3 they would lose a lot of PS4 buyers who would buy the console just for the game.

I don't know if the video was posted but one guy saw some people from PD on Bathurst and asked them are they doing a new game and they said that they are scanning the track for GT6

I see Sony's point of view but its also a shame at the same time. I don't think I'll be purchasing a PS4 just so I can play GT6.

Far as I'm concerned the PS3 is still a good system and really doesn't need a complete facelift but that is just my opinion.

Have a proper 'Life' championship

Start in karts, learning about driving them, going from 50cc up to 125cc competing at events, winning races online and paying for upgrades and new parts when you bend the kart up over usage.

Get drives in Clio Cup Championship or Seats

Maybe have the Ginetta series? Both of them!

More Real life tracks as has been said.

GT cars - Lots of em. Need Porsches back too.

Basically a grass roots to professional paid racing driver career progression throughout the season with many different disciplines to choose from along the way.

NO MORE SKYLINES!!!! :p

Obviously not having to 'win' the races to continue, but getting points and money on finishing positions and attaining certain milestones to unlock the next events or series.

Basically I'd just like something with a little more substance to get your teeth into. Something to aim for. Rewarded for doing well, reaching certain levels, and for not driving like an idiot, stuff like that.

That wish may of become a reality, the servers are no where near as bad as they have been in the past. My connection isn't exactly brilliant so i disconnected alot, since 2.04 was released I am yet to be disconnected from any lobby. With a bit luck it isn't just me and the famed useless servers may be behind us.

For GT6 for me i would be: More real-life tracks, more NEW cars no more cars from the 60's 70's etc.. we already have enough of them, ALL cars to have a detailed interior, the damage to be more realistic hitting a barrier at 250 mph and only getting a scratch. Very realistic... Also to make the racing more a challenge base the cars around what car the user is racing. For example If I do the lemans 24-hr race in a FGT I want to see a field of cars similar performance, basically no more easy races.

and more real circuits. Also more LMP/Group C/FIA GT3 etc cars.

Obviously not having to 'win' the races to continue, but getting points and money on finishing positions and attaining certain milestones to unlock the next events or series.

Basically I'd just like something with a little more substance to get your teeth into. Something to aim for. Rewarded for doing well, reaching certain levels, and for not driving like an idiot, stuff like that.

Sounds good, i know in iracing you get a rating on how clean you drive, that might work...

Just curious, why is it that GT5 and Forza do not have many real life tracks? is it a licensing issue?
EA like grabbing all the exclusive rights they can, even if they never actually use them. You also have numerous PC sims currently in development by various competing companies. I expect they've tried to get exclusivity whenever possible.

That said, I also think PD are just too focused on the cars rather that what to actually DO with them.

Same as Turn 10 though, more cars than tracks in a massive way... At least GT5 now has SPA...
EA have only just pulled their claws out of the Porsche license and Turn 10 snapped it up!
Still, I really would like to see more tracks...

Maybe one day it won't be such an issue. Or someone will understand that a console racing game fan has the same needs as their PC racing cousins.

Just because I play on a console, it doesn't mean I don't crave racing on as many real world tracks as possible. It also doesn't mean that I need machine guns and missles attached to my cars or firing cutesy turtle shells out the back of my kart either... :whistling:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 378 16.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 257 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 304 13.1%