GT6 Gran Turismo 6 News & Discussion

I want more cars and less double cars (cars where the only difference may be the name or a colour.)
I want more racers such as f1 cars. PD have the licenses but don't use them well.
More events like a Super trofeo cup and a rally championship.
I want a better colouring system.
I want slicker menus.
I want qualifying for certain events.
I want better sounds.
I want "human drama" as Kaz says. This could be an adaptation of the online social aspects to the game such as easier in-game trading and communicating.
I want better AI.
And I REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY want it out in the next 1-2 years.

My biggest problem with GT games is that as soon as you play the game proper you are often driving in series which allow semi-racing tyres.
Suddenly you are in a tuned road car that is floppy by race car standards, using slick tyres that make the cars dull as ditch water to drive (read easy).
After the first two hours you are just not enjoying the driving, racing purely to get the next car, then the next, then the next. It gets a bit boring.
They should go back more to performance points for race rewards, so you can come 3rd in a lesser car but win somehow.
Or just leave semi-slick tyres till half way through, so it's almost all standard cars on standard road tyres for the first half... and then the slicks in the last quarter of the game which covers off the proper high end race cars.

The best driving I enjoy in the road car classes is with road tyres, yet you get to enjoy that for about 5% of the game.
Murcielago with the road 3 tyres iirc, is amazing to drive. Yet in the game you never get to drive it in that config competitively at all. By the time you race it you are up against cars running semi-slicks and so need to run those tyres to win races, and then it's just understeer and stability in bucket loads. No fun at all.

Online and most people just use semi-slick or slicks, which again is boring as they are too easy to drive when on road cars with standard ish outputs.

As soon as you tune these cars much they are probably nothing like the real cars except for looks, so it takes the fun out of it by a large margin. I generally really like the online challenges, the off-line ones (like the Italy tour thing), and all those more interesting elements. All standard cars in most cases and all the better for it.

So yes, dump the tuning, even tyre choices except on dedicated race cars. It'd make the whole point of road cars make sense.
Maybe some more road courses too.
Certainly get rid of all but one of the Fuji courses, almost all of which look horrible except the 90's one with grass and things to look at hehe.

IOM TT course added?
Add in some bikes (I quite liked bikes in that GT4 bike version thingy)
Add in some classic hill-climb courses and have hill-climb time-trial courses.
Oh yeah, finally. Less loading. How can it take SOOOoooooo long to load? I think 50% of my time playing GT5 was actually sat watching the GT5 logo flash a reflection over itself. Nice. Not.
Hmmm

Dave

Every single car ever in the history of the world - then everyone will be happy :D

On a more serious note:

1. Real Porsches - it could be argued that RUFs are better etc. but that's what the ingame tuning is for. I'd also like to see a good range - modern 911s, classic 811s, GT3RS, 917/30, LMS RS Spyder (and other LMS/Can-Am cars)...
2. 50s/60s F1 cars, e.g. Ferrari 156 Sharknose, Maserati 250F, Lotus 49...
3. V8 Supercars, only because I have a soft spot for them being Australian. Would be a great way to promote the series, especially with Nissan and Mercedes entering too next year. Need the tracks though too - Bathurst, Adelaide, Gold Coast, Phillip Island would be good...

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 11 22.9%
  • More leagues

Votes: 8 16.7%
  • Prizes

Votes: 8 16.7%
  • Trophies

Votes: 5 10.4%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 3 6.3%