Well I guess its possible ..codies started life with just two teenagers in a bedroom and now look at them.

Sadly though, if it took 8 years to produce something at this stage, then lets be honest, it is never going to happen

When I was in my teens ..a pint was cheaper than what you have to pay now, for a pint of water.

I didn't download it so can't comment myself on game play. But think better planning may have helped. We've seen promo videos the past few years, why didn't they release back then for free to play. Then devs could have built on the feedback instead of taking a chance now.

damn, thank god beer here is super cheap compared to most expensive regions, even some crazy good regional stuff is cheaper :D yum yum
few days ago i finally found Miodne in my local store which is 2x more expensive than standard beer and it was only 1.2 pound :rolleyes: It's worth mentioning that pint o beer is slightly bigger than 0.5L

Last edited:
I didn't download it so can't comment myself on game play. But think better planning may have helped. We've seen promo videos the past few years, why didn't they release back then for free to play. Then devs could have built on the feedback instead of taking a chance now.
They had an active CBT going on something like 7 years ago. At the time I even got in for the first wave. But then the NDA papers they wanted you to sign were not really legal, they wanted way more personal informations I was willing to "give up" to what were/are effectively strangers (including a photo/scan of my id card and driving license) "just in case" in said papers or attached to them, demanded that nobody in the CBT would speak about the game for a prolonged period of time of 3-5 years or anything that happened during its development "or else".

That sounded more like a blackmail bait rather than the NDA for a CBT so I didn't follow through with it. Then few years later they started showing videos and the like using stolen/ripped assets from rF1, then a very alpha version leaked, it drove like **** and looked like trash so I definitely gave up on the idea that it could've been something good and went back to RBR.

I actually still have both the NDA papers and the leaked build stashed somewhere on one of my hdds, and to compare the two and see that they didn't make any substantial progress since then, it's just depressing.

Yes, the price is very cheap and for the price of a beer you can get a "complete" game, but honestly you might aswell download RBR (which is abandonware so essentially free), apply the NGP patch/mod to it and have a better time and spend that money to actually buy yourself a beer.

To be able to release, you first have to have at least a semi-usable product.

But to produce a video they must of had something in place back then ?
Just checked Facebook page started May 2014 , 500 beta testers singed up in September 2015.
I know game development can take years I'm just as curious as the next guy on the life cycle.

Edit: previous was unread at time of post

But to produce a video they must of had something in place back then ?
You can produce a video from something that's still very far from being even remotely usable by the general public.

But apparently it's been more complicated than that. Not surprising, really - for the project to reach this stage of development in 8 years, it was fairly obvious there had to be more going on behind the scene than just an unexperienced team with little time to dedicate to development.

I was following this for....8 years. Back when AC was still very new and in developement. I think somewhere around the same time, or a little after the AC Tech Demo, gRally was announced.

This is just pathetic. I don't get brownie points for spending years and years on something with nothing but PS1 graphics to show for it. People lose their jobs over lack of productivity. It's simply part of reality.

I am one for physics first, but this time around? Those graphics aren't even graphics anymore. I found better graphics in the newer POKEMON games!

I could make better sound in my sleep. Literally. My breathing has more enthusiasm than that!

I don't care if it's early access, alpha, or anything. What is presented is horrible.

No, I don't see potential. All I see is the "potential" to make a game with about the same level of "dated" as RBR (not that the physics follow this, RBR is awesome with that) and not really any further.

I will say simply. ditch the project. start with a stronger, more modern engine. C'mon there's parts of this advertised strongly that even a 5 year old could do better! (co driver)

Yup, I'm normally very patient and understanding with "in-development" games and early access on steam. But this......absolutely not, I have no positives.

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 19 12.8%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 16 10.7%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 19 12.8%
  • Thursday

Votes: 18 12.1%
  • Friday

Votes: 54 36.2%
  • Saturday

Votes: 87 58.4%