I tried G Rally yesterday and it turned out quite enjoyable.

As someone who raced a full season of rally in a peugeot 206, and a rally fan since I can remember, I get really excited about any rallying game.

First it was fustrating that I couldn't get it to work properly. But after restarting it and about 30 minutes of setting up controls I was happy with it.

Yes it has a ton of issues to resolve.

The good:

What I really enjoyed was the physics, particularly in the FWD car. They are not the best in the world yet, but things like lift off oversteer feels really similar to how it does in real life. Some things about FFB are point on like no other sim I've played, particularly collisions. After my first crash it felt like my G27 wanted to break my hand, in a good way. I just hope it's not so much force that it kills my wheel. Oversteer FFB is also really good, it feels that the wheel follows the tires much better than Assetto Corsa where I learn to catch oversteer by musle memory more than by feel.
People complain about the codriver. Yes it should have more emotion and be a bit more early, but the pace notes have the kind of detail that a rally driver want to hear. It feels more real to me than RBR and Dirt Rally how it is.

The bad:

The steering feels way too heavy. Messing around with FFB linearity made it a bit better.
The car understeers when it should, but the FFB code is really wrong here, because the wheel gets much much heavier when understeering, which is not realistic at all. Also the sound for tyres is really bad, because its almost completely absent (maybe it would be like this with track slicks in real life, but the sounds of tyres really help to feel the car on the limit on a computer simulation). There are also no visual cues of weight transfer going on so visually it seems like you're driving a go kart. If I do a scandinavian flick, it certainly helps you point in for tighter turns, but in real life this should have a more pronounced effect. I also dislike the way the engine feels. In neutral it feels like it has a huge flywheel, so it revs as fast as if you accelerate in 1 gear wich is also really slow. This makes heel and toe almost imposible because by the time the revs matched you should be already exiting the corner.
Also I don't have a nice computer, and in this game I can tell that FFB has so much detail that it robs all FPS ingame. This makes also the on board timer and the codriver lag.

Anyway I have good hopes for this. I had fun yesterday trying it out and as a nice surprise there is already a leaderboard that at least for me is quite a challenge to beat.

Well for 2,89 thought I would try it, I only have xbox controller but after 20 minutes and issues ingame, I never actually drove more than 1mm so cant really give any feedback except be nice to actually drive it :roflmao::D:D

guys for 8 years in development im disappointed as well.but lets see the big picture here.im a rally fun and we missed a good rally sim at the level of assetto,iracing, or rfactor2.dont tell me about rbr i love it i have spend thousand of hours but its outdated.the tittle at the moment its crap unplayable for me but i gave 4euro and the rest of the community to help and support those guys.they need to raise money to make this work. thats the whole point.lets give them 3,4 months and if its still crap what can i say.im not gonna cry for 4euros.this is our hobby,our sport and the only way for more sims to appear is from the help of us the community.if you expect from big developers only, its not gonna happened.they aim for mass sells with less risk and with crap arcade like d4.i wish kunos or reiza could work on a rally sim because i know they can do it.but for some reason its not an appealing product to those devs even though its a huge gap on the market since rbr.but still you got kunos working on a new gt3 title like we dont have enough,we are expecting gtr3 and im pretty sure that reiza its gonna bring another track circuit title of some championship.so be a little more positive,more supportive.personally i think i will support not only them but everyone else that is starting a project for a rally sim

It most definitely sucks as it is currently, no doubt there...but for $4, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. If (a very big IF), by some miracle they make this the Automobilista of rally games (high praise in my book), then guess what? I got it for $4 instead of $30 when it's complete...and if it still sucks? I'm far from rich (I'm a high school teacher)...but it's just four bucks; I spent more than that on lunch today. Seems like very little to lose to get in early.

It most definitely sucks as it is currently, no doubt there...but for $4, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. If (a very big IF), by some miracle they make this the Automobilista of rally games (high praise in my book), then guess what? I got it for $4 instead of $30 when it's complete...and if it still sucks? I'm far from rich (I'm a high school teacher)...but it's just four bucks; I spent more than that on lunch today. Seems like very little to lose to get in early.

It looks like it’s going to be complete more or less in 70 years. There are better ways of investing money such a period of time...

I tried G Rally yesterday and it turned out quite enjoyable.

As someone who raced a full season of rally in a peugeot 206, and a rally fan since I can remember, I get really excited about any rallying game.

First it was fustrating that I couldn't get it to work properly. But after restarting it and about 30 minutes of setting up controls I was happy with it.

Yes it has a ton of issues to resolve.

The good:

What I really enjoyed was the physics, particularly in the FWD car. They are not the best in the world yet, but things like lift off oversteer feels really similar to how it does in real life. Some things about FFB are point on like no other sim I've played, particularly collisions. After my first crash it felt like my G27 wanted to break my hand, in a good way. I just hope it's not so much force that it kills my wheel. Oversteer FFB is also really good, it feels that the wheel follows the tires much better than Assetto Corsa where I learn to catch oversteer by musle memory more than by feel.
People complain about the codriver. Yes it should have more emotion and be a bit more early, but the pace notes have the kind of detail that a rally driver want to hear. It feels more real to me than RBR and Dirt Rally how it is.

The bad:

The steering feels way too heavy. Messing around with FFB linearity made it a bit better.
The car understeers when it should, but the FFB code is really wrong here, because the wheel gets much much heavier when understeering, which is not realistic at all. Also the sound for tyres is really bad, because its almost completely absent (maybe it would be like this with track slicks in real life, but the sounds of tyres really help to feel the car on the limit on a computer simulation). There are also no visual cues of weight transfer going on so visually it seems like you're driving a go kart. If I do a scandinavian flick, it certainly helps you point in for tighter turns, but in real life this should have a more pronounced effect. I also dislike the way the engine feels. In neutral it feels like it has a huge flywheel, so it revs as fast as if you accelerate in 1 gear wich is also really slow. This makes heel and toe almost imposible because by the time the revs matched you should be already exiting the corner.
Also I don't have a nice computer, and in this game I can tell that FFB has so much detail that it robs all FPS ingame. This makes also the on board timer and the codriver lag.

Anyway I have good hopes for this. I had fun yesterday trying it out and as a nice surprise there is already a leaderboard that at least for me is quite a challenge to beat.
While I mostly agree with the above, I'm surprised you find the force feedback to be that good. In my opinion it's rather mediocre, and the one of the most annoying points about it is that I have a problem feeling any self-aligning torque in it. In this regard I find both gRally and AC to be similar. I spent the majority of my virtual driving with isiMotor titles, however, and they generally have it very pronounced.

While I mostly agree with the above, I'm surprised you find the force feedback to be that good. In my opinion it's rather mediocre, and the one of the most annoying points about it is that I have a problem feeling any self-aligning torque in it. In this regard I find both gRally and AC to be similar. I spent the majority of my virtual driving with isiMotor titles, however, and they generally have it very pronounced.

No, you're right. I have some difficulty expressing what I really feel so I may have over exaggerated. FFB feels really wrong most times, specially if you're just cruising around. However something felt really right when catching oversteering in the FWD car, regarding the lack of other cues like tire sound or car moving to the loaded side. On the other side, the little time that I drove the RWD car I found it undriveable.

I just watched this video and it made me laugh out loud in quite a few places. To say it looks (and sounds) underwhelming is an understatement. I admire them for trying but won't be buying, even at the low price tag.
I tried twice now when I use the accelerator on my xbox pad it brakes and when I use the brake it accelerates and brakes and wont steer, I get ingame ok but that is as far as I get with it,
zero support here for anything I hate to say it I was excited for a RBR successor but this game is trash and the audio ingame is trash this review in the video is 100% accurate, I almost joined this team as well at one point, maybe I should have would have been a different story, I really hope they sort these hardware issues out, this game currently is a 0.1 beta and shouldnt have been released.

There was a patch last night with some controls fixes, FYI.

I really hope they sort these hardware issues out, this game currently is a 0.1 beta and shouldnt have been released.

You do realize it is an early access release, right? Because we can certainly talk what the criteria for early access release should be, but technically, it wasn't released (early access is not the same as being released) and "0.1 beta" is what you should generally expect from an early access title.

You do realize it is an early access release, right? Because we can certainly talk what the criteria for early access release should be, but technically, it wasn't released (early access is not the same as being released) and "0.1 beta" is what you should generally expect from an early access title.
Early access I not drove 1mm and tried twice it wont even set up my hardware,
who cares if its free or early access or 50$ if you cant even drive the god damn thing ?
you listen to what I said or just replied anyways ? :D:D who cares what state the game is if its not drive able

You were complaining about the game being in a beta state, claiming it shouldn't have been released. I was merely pointing out that it hasn't actually been released and that as an early access title, being in beta state is to be fully expected. If you consider that pointless and random...

I think the very best people can do at this point is simply to post a bug report for every single issue they find with the software. Hopefully the devs will compile a to do list and work these bugs out in a reasonable priority.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.