• Deleted member 6919

You show me where you can get a pint for £2.89 here and I'll come over and buy you one! :D
Welcome to rip off UK Paul..;)

I'll give it a bash for some laughs.

Also I wish pints were even 4 pound in Australia. $10 AUD or about 6 pound is considered a cheap pint here and you'll be lucky to even find that!

Hmm well its just not polished enough in its current state. Im certainly interested in seeing what comes of it in the future but at the moment its not in a state that will keep my focus over everything else I play.

I wrote some of this in the old thread so won't repeat it all here.

This is a *very* Early Access game and in many ways hilariously so. You've got to be prepared to work quite a bit out yourself.

The good:

+ Oculus VR works well straight out of the box. The graphics look more suited to a VR game. There are plenty of issues but stage driving in VR feels OK if a bit slow. The corner depth perception and feeling of elevation change is good (drive over the edge of one of the cliffs and you get the full effect).

Yes, that's about it for the good.

The bad - the sheer amount of stuff you've got to work out for yourself.

- The pre-game UI and having to load in and out of the game each time as with early Assetto, with VR this is a pain.
- The controls need to be configured but there is no instruction as to how, ok it ca be worked out but just some text prompts or something would have been useful.
- The need to switch tyre types when you select a forest stage, it seems tarmac grip tyres are set as default and there is no warning at all. The game will feel like it's on ice with the forest stage/grip tyre combination leading to much frustration. Select the forest tyres and it's an ok experience.
- No road feedback on tarmac stages, just some shake at the edges of the road/scenery. Forest stage feedback is OK, there is some rumble in the wheel. Brakes locking up is transmitted by the wheel going completely light with no feel at all and the car going straight ahead.
- Wheel weight is way too heavy and the strength slider doesn't seem to change much, for the TX458 wheel at least.
- Realistically on 360 DOR is about the only usable setting, the steering is too slow for the hairpins and to recover from the fairly wild handbrake effect.
- No gear position indicator in VR at all which makes some situations tricky.
- The lack of any real sensation of speed.

The hilarious:

--- Loading in to VR, the initial screen is white, then some scenery pops in, then the car appears from outside above your head, then your head appears in the foot well, then finally the screen sorts itself out and the final driving position is actually ok. I didn't find anyway to adjust the seat/VR head position.

--- The framerate and graphics pop in, being able to count the flowers as they appear on screen is a first. This is variable across the stages so it's not all bad.

--- The languid style of the co-drivers, they sound like they are giving instructions for a walking sat nav not a rally car at full speed. Telling me I've perfected a stage when I've crashed several times is also funny.

---- How to I get the damn car to move? The engine was on and the throttle finally worked to rev the engine, I could engage the gear and still the car went nowhere. Ah! Finally I work out I need to have assigned and release the handbrake before the car will move. This needs an onscreen instruction, I bet they've had plenty of return based on this one issue!

This is definitely an Early Access that could go either way, for £3 I'll keep it and see how it goes. There could be the base of something cult and niche here but it's going to take a lot of work.

Probably the least thrilling racing game I've ever played. The co-driver sounds like he intends to direct you both off the edge of the nearest cliff...

Right now its a BIG dissapointment! It feels broken it recognizes your wheel and after sometime it wont...physics ara ahhh pretty much what expected..it has great potential i think if it receives great big updates and needs huge work to get even in a standard..the no license cars its a pain somehow to the eye..Lets see

if it didn't have that 'rbr successor' thingy going on and was just 'heres an indie rally game lets see where this goes' people might judge it less harshly.

either way in this state it seems a bit shite.

Last edited:
Not that anyone cares but there is no controller support...

In the controller settings menu you can assign all functions to your controller - make sure it is working there.
I only gave it a few minutes with a wireless XBox Elite controller and without any tweaking it worked as expected. I think with a bit of tweaking of the analog curves and dead zones one might get a decent feel with a controller.

One issue with the XBox controller I found (but did not have the time to trouble shoot any further) was that the throttle and brake analog triggers were assigned on a combined axis and whenever you have input on both at the same time you would alter both input - meaning throttle input while braking would negate the brake input and vice versa.

But as mentioned - I didn't have the time to troubleshoot - maybe I overlooked a "combined axis setting".

If any though one would definitely want to run this with proper controls opposed to a game pad.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • Monthly

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Yearly

Votes: 5 7.8%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 0 0.0%