Stop saying something that is 8 years in development is "early days" maybe.

The cars models are horrid, the track are brought over from other games, the sounds are rfactor 1 bad, they didn't write the engine, so what exactly did they do to charge money for?
So, you only care for the car models and sounds then? And what did you mean by the engine? The fact they are using Unity? Well, would you prefer them spending another five years coming up with their own engine? Or did you imply they simply used RBR's physics code? It certainly doesn't feel like an RBR clone to me.

I imply they did a lot of sitting on their asses, instead of coding a game.

Besides graphics and sound and content, yeah physics matters, but I can honestly tell nothing about the physics or forcefeedback in depth because their track models have almost no surface texture. If you think they "did their best" and 8 years is barely enough to make a tire model that doesn't feel arcade, well then a realistic estimate for a polished game will come in 20 years, unless you suggest they can do "more than their best" and suddenly accelerate their progress by a thousand fold.

I do not understand why you complaining. They did the best they could in that time they had. If you are at least a little interested in this niche area of rally then you help to improve it and not complaining about it like they took something from you. It is 4€ (means free). Ask refund then buy a beer and piss it out on the next corner if you think is's better alternative.
Why this bashing? It does not help, it makes everyone feel bad.

If you think they did their best, they should not be in the video game business.

I imply they did a lot of sitting on their asses, instead of coding a game.

Besides graphics and sound and content, yeah physics matters, but I can honestly tell nothing about the physics or forcefeedback in depth because their track models have almost no surface texture. If you think they "did their best" and 8 years is barely enough to make a tire model that doesn't feel arcade, well then a realistic estimate for a polished game will come in 20 years, unless you suggest they can do "more than their best" and suddenly accelerate their progress by a thousand fold.
I wouldn't say it looks like they did their best, but I also can't honestly say it would take me much less than that even if I were well versed in the latest graphics libraries and engines. On the other hand, I wouldn't give that much attention to putting together a site and promoting the sim that doesn't exist yet, so maybe my pacing could still be better than that. Still, developing something as complicated as a simulator in small teams takes a whole lot of time. Take PiBoSo for example. Looks like it will take him forever to finish anything at all. And don't get me started about Scawen. I'm almost sure LFS won't be finished. Not to mention there were bigger teams that couldn't quite deliver what they promised (rF2 is still more of a beta, even if I like rF2).

Of course, that doesn't mean it's ok to sell massively underdeveloped pieces of software, but if we're going to blame somebody, why don't we just blame all of the devs? Is there a single sim out there that could be qualified as completed and not lacking in any way? At least these guys don't ask you a whole lot of money for a glorified tech demo.

"At least these guys don't ask you a whole lot of money for a glorified tech demo."

it should be free, i will never pay for that.
anyone who pay is a milk cow

"At least these guys don't ask you a whole lot of money for a glorified tech demo."

it should be free, i will never pay for that.
anyone who pay is a milk cow
How about "every software piece should be free initially, and you should be given an opportunity to pay only for those ones you feel fine about paying for, and as much as you think you can spare" then? Except we live in real world and even Humble Bundle isn't quite like that.

I played gRally last night a bit more time. It seems to me that the car is overly reactive to throttle inputs. Throttle and you get understeer, lift and you get oversteer. I still like how the steering tracks the tires, you can just let off the wheel in a slide and it does what you would expect. I had a bit of fun, but later I took out RBR and boy that was fun and intense. I'm still hopeful for this game, it looks like they are trying to fix the bugs with each update.

This is an on going issue. I love Dirt Rally but I do not play it anymore because every time I get on I have to resetup all my controls and calibrations. Is anyone capable of making a mod to make Fanatec gear completely compatible with Dirt Rally?

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.