Global Formula Automobilista - Season 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Sasha Jednak, Stirling defended valiantly, but a lack of cornering speed held him back despite being so fast down the straights, do you think that's a problem you can solve?
To bad for not winning, but with double podium we are now more worried about next race. As in previous 2 seasons we have perfect record of being nowhere in race after good result. Even our sponsor is concerned about that, os we will need to make sure that we appear and score high in next race. How to do that, it's a mystery for us at this moment... :roflmao:

MOSS ON POLE AFTER SUDDEN UPGRADE
1604878182938.png

When you started fast-forwarding :poop: got serious. To bad for Rossi FW before second stop, that was nice fight. Scrap all this what was that with Rossi losing places :O_o: Not the way I wanted to win. :(
In the end, I will talk with our sponsors and make sure they threat with leaving every race. Looks like in that situation we give the best results.

Scrap all this what was that with Rossi losing places :O_o: Not the way I wanted to win. :(
Moss gained massively on the undercut with the first pit. I think Rossi dropped from 0.6s to around 3.5s all because he waited about 3-4 laps before stopping himself. I think Moss would have taken the win anyway without the weird lap-down problem. Like Jim said, he must have crossed the track somewhere and got lost, maybe badly cutting one of the big hairpins (hence the reason behind my reaction post). Hopefully next race has those issues sorted.

RED NIGHTS STREAK AWAY IN FRANCE
1605111739525.png

A double DNF for championship leaders DTK Racing, and an unfortunate timing glitch for Alexander Rossi, gifted Stirling Moss and Milos Pavlovic an easy 1-2 finish. The top 2 streaked away from the pack, as the "lapped" Rossi held up his team mate in third, allowing Watson, Dixon and Senna to score their best results of the season in the top 6.

MARKET IS OPEN

Interviews
@Sasha Jednak, a solid 1-2 and another brilliant race for your team at Magny-Cours, will you be sad to see the track disappear form the calendar in future seasons?
@Márk Lintner, when he finishes, Ayrton has been finding himself in good positions. Is some investment into him worth doing to save the team?
@Lesley Buurlage, the team seems to be struggling with a bad choice of Gearbox upgrade from the start of the season. What needs to be done to make it into an advantage?

In other news, Short and Long Gearboxes will both be edited, making both Final Gear ratios shorter, as the long Gearbox seems too long even for cars with max power and low drag. Both will drop so there is still a noticeable difference between the two.

@Lesley Buurlage, the team seems to be struggling with a bad choice of Gearbox upgrade from the start of the season. What needs to be done to make it into an advantage?
pray, that's all we've got left at the moment. this gearbox was fitted with the hope of getting an advantage on some of the long straights that were early on the calendar. another huge lack of power and a significant drop in reliability dampened those chances and now we've a car which is slow on the straights and slow in the corners. i do hope this streak of retirements comes to an end soon or i'm gonna foksmash someones door

@Márk Lintner, when he finishes, Ayrton has been finding himself in good positions. Is some investment into him worth doing to save the team?

First time that we fight the midfield, we dont want to hold up others in front (because of lappings), we will invest to the drivers and team, but we can only consider staying if the series will be a lot more balanced. After 4 races there are lapped cars till 5th place and in front the teams have upgraded 3-5x more than other teams around midfield. But there is only a very small chance for not retiring.

Last edited:
If you think it's unbalanced, suggest something to fix it instead of quit threats. It's not like there's another simulated series to do instead.

If you think it's unbalanced, suggest something to fix it instead of quit threats. It's not like there's another simulated series to do instead.
Its not a threat you asked if it's worth invest to Senna to save the team, I said I will quit because I dont think its balanced enough, it can be its the game engine, but I would try half the winning prizes and the sponsor money too, and the randomization could be smaller too at the start of the season. And then it can be that there will not be that big difference in cars(more winners in different races),.... It would be good If the game engine would use other stats for race than the qualy ones, and then there would be more variety of strategies for upgrades. I dont know if you can run a qualy then change the stats and run the race with the standings before the race start.

In last post bastin1 said that in rfactor you can manualy set up the grid idk if it could be done for automobilista

another tool for rfactor, i read it could work for automobilista on this site:

Last edited:
Its not a threat you asked if it's worth invest to Senna to save the team, I said I will quit because I dont think its balanced enough, it can be its the game engine, but I would try half the winning prizes and the sponsor money too, and the randomization could be smaller too at the start of the season. And then it can be that there will not be that big difference in cars(more winners in different races),.... It would not be that big of a problem If the game engine would use other stats for race then qualy, and there would be more variety of upgrading stats. I dont know if you can run a qualy then change the stats and run the race with the standings befor start.

In last post bastin1 said that in rfactor you can manualy set up the grid idk if it could be done for automobilista

another tool for rfactor, i read it could work for automobilista on this site:
Perhaps I could reduce the overall rewards for Sponsors, but there still needs to be more money for good results than bad results.

I am not ditching qualifying at all, random or reverse grids would be a mess and easy to abuse so that's not changing.

Randomisation at the start is something that gives all the teams and drivers some variety, you just have been unlucky to get bad randomisations each time. Otherwise all the drivers will start at 60 on everything that isn't bought, which for a lot of teams is everything as they only buy the car at the beginning.

Power seems to be the most overpowered buy you can make, and I keep increasing the price of it each season, plus reducing the maximum amount of power that a car can have. There isn't much more I can do because otherwise it prices out the teams who aren't winning a lot of money from ever getting it.

1605133399477.png

Remember that prices change depending on Constructors Championship standings and always have. If you think this is unbalanced, imagine if this rule was never implemented. :O_o:

The qualy stats I meant ike it was at FFG ... Like you would have 1 File for qualy and 1 File for race and u could buy qualy power or race power... I did not say do random... I said do a qualy with the qualy stat file save the standings or printscreen or something then change the stat files and change the standings according the previous file and run the race. Like in ffg you cold have qualy at the back with the best powered car for race because you had no power at qualy. Also in real life there are teams with better qualy than race perfomance or better race perfomance than qualy

yeah it would be worse if the rule was not implemented, but if you get 1 time 1-2 at the start of the season yo get around 2k and if anyone else dnf or get worse places there are 1,5k difference. In the buying table some 50-100 less for power did not help...

Also if you have bad skills 5-6 skill to catch others you need 600 money.... and if you have a dnf or bad place you can catch the average stats with 3 race, while in front they could get 6k ....

Last edited:
View attachment 419216
Remember that prices change depending on Constructors Championship standings and always have. If you think this is unbalanced, imagine if this rule was never implemented. :O_o:
I ain't gotta lie, lower prices for worse teams is a good concept, but between how low the price differences are and how big the difference is in price money earned these are almost rendered irrelevant. F.e. if a top team has a good weekend a downforce or gearbox upgrade, even when they're 1st or 2nd in the constructors, would only take around 2 rounds or just 1 to get the budget needed. If i get the same result as in magny cours it would take me 3 rounds to get enough, maybe even longer...

Imo this series isn't unbalanced, but it's far from balanced either, thing is the line of what's balanced is very thin and it would take a lot of time and researching multiple seasons before we would even get close to something we can call balanced.

The only short term solution would be a spec series where every car is the same and you can only change gear ratio and downforce, and we just get to spec our drivers to get the edge, but that would take out all the variety between seasons we have now which is a big part of the series.

Another solution would be to get rid of the range extension and randomise the cars between a set margin of eachother, including downforce package and gear ratio, but then again you end with balancing issues.

All in all this series is just for fun and even though i haven't watched a full race since the start of S2 (as we were driving at the back 24/7 which isn't fun to watch) i'm commited to stick around and improve the series than quit and let it die.

Overall, high downforce is too op at the moment as top speed isn't affected that much, but cornering speeds is so much better, hopefully the gearbox changes fix that a bit. I'm also not a fan of the reliability changes after round 1 just to increase retirements. How many races nowadays have multiple dnfs due to mechanical failures? Not that much imo so why should we? If a driver crashes out that sucks, but if you retire multiple times because of your car breaking again it just gets annoying. And i refuse to be forced into buying additional reliabilty with the limited resources i already have :roflmao:

Last edited:
I ain't gotta lie, lower prices for worse teams is a good concept, but between how low the price differences are and how big the difference is in price money earned these are almost rendered irrelevant. F.e. if a top team has a good weekend a downforce or gearbox upgrade, even when they're 1st or 2nd in the constructors, would only take around 2 rounds or just 1 to get the budget needed. If i get the same result as in magny cours it would take me 3 rounds to get enough, maybe even longer...

Imo this series isn't unbalanced, but it's far from balanced either, thing is the line of what's balanced is very thin and it would take a lot of time and researching multiple seasons before we would even get close to something we can call balanced.

The only short term solution would be a spec series where every car is the same and you can only change gear ratio and downforce, and we just get to spec our drivers to get the edge, but that would take out all the variety between seasons we have now which is a big part of the series.

Another solution would be to get rid of the range extension and randomise the cars between a set margin of eachother, including downforce package and gear ratio, but then again you end with balancing issues.

All in all this series is just for fun and even though i haven't watched a full race since the start of S2 (as we were driving at the back 24/7 which isn't fun to watch) i'm commited to stick around and improve the series than quit and let it die.
I think the problem is that you dont have any chance to improve or very small. This is why I said, you could have 2 car stats.. 1 for race 1 for qualy... And if you have bettercar for race, you could lost some time to traffic, and also it could help others who got more qualy power. Also it could be helpful at fast tracks for the people with race upgrades. Some variety at least. And I suggested haling the prizes for the stadings ad sponzors aswell

then you cold get max around 1k and the difference between a good race and bad race would be around under 1k difference, also consider if you get bad stats its like going with minus thousands of money

AMS isn't GP4, Quali and Race stats aren't separate and there isn't much that can be done about it. This discussion is good though. It was supposed to be a test that allows us to mould it into the perfect series, and I need feedback and new ideas or it's just down to me to try and work out what people want. There are people quitting the series because they don't like some aspect of it, but it's nt like there's an alternative series going on to play with, and they're just quitting without giving feedback, which doesn't help improve it and make it what works.

The problem I have with increasing the price difference between standings places is that there still needs to be some advantage to being in front, the game doesnt become fun if it stops being a meritocracy. If I make it too expensive to lead the championship, people will just save their money and wait to drop down the order in the next races.

Perhaps a balance could be that sponsor prize money is multiplied by a modifier after each race, depending on your CC position. A team at the top will have any sponsor money multiplied by (eg) 0.5x, while a team in 10th will have their multiplied by 1.25x. It'll still be a worse sponsor for the lower team which can only get lower placings, but it's a way of stopping top teams getting a load of free money for an easy sponsor, and it allows lesser teams to get a proper pay day if they manage to hit a lowly target. Just an idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes