AC Ginetta GT4 @ Castle Combe - Sunday 24th March 2024

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

Interslice

Staff
Premium
Welcome to the RD Assetto Corsa Racing Club. Next Sunday we're at Castle Combe for some GT4 action!!

Join us!

This is the place to be for relaxed, friendly racing and our events are open to everybody from rookies to the seasoned pros. You will always find people around your level to battle with, so jump on in!
If you need any help don't hesitate to ask on discord before the race, or right here on the forum! We are always happy to help.

All race department premium members using their full real name in the forum, in game and discord can sign up for this event.

Castle-Combe-99.png

Server Details:
  • Practice Server: RaceDepartment.com Server 8 (Available throughout the race week)
  • Race server: RaceDepartment.com Server 8 - Netherlands
  • 20:00 CET, 19:00 UTC | 80 minutes - Official Practice
  • 21:20 CET, 20:20 UTC) | 20 minutes - Qualification
  • 21:40 CET, 20:40 UTC) | 60 minutes - Race

Cars:

Event details:
  • Track: Castle Combe
  • Pit stop: MANDATORY STOP between 10 and 50 minutes.
  • Track Condition: Clear, Light wind, Fast track.
  • Track Temp: 33C
  • Damage: 10%
  • Assists: Factory TC and ABS
  • Standing Start: Jump Start = Drive through penalty

Useful Links:

Last edited:
A message to all Drivers

If you run off track, you must check to see that its clear before you re enter the track. Always try to re-enter the track parallel to the racing line. Stay off the racing line until you are up to race speed and do not block any fast approaching car.

When joining the track from the pits, remain inside the white line and stay off the racing line until you are up to speed.

During qualification, do not race on your out lap, let other drivers by.

Golden Rule
  1. If you hit somebody, sending them off the track and carry on like nothing happened, you take the risk of being banned for 30 days.
  2. Instead, you should always wait for the affected drivers, and that way you can be 100% sure you will not get a ban.
Track limits
  1. You will get 2 warnings before a 5 second penalty for exceeding track limits to your advantage. Any warnings/penalties are displayed in the chat window at the end of each lap
Note: Please use your full real name in Discord and in game. Not doing so may result in you being kicked from the server if an admin cannot identify who you are.

Fellas, the clock are changing tomorrow at midnight. I think we are back in sync with our US drivers again :) Best to check ACSM for your local time

1 more week!

Last edited:
Hi All,
I am new to Race department / Overtake and looking forward to hopefully getting involved in some friendly clean racing as I learn how to improve in AC. I have been racing in iRacing for the past few months just using the free content and the lower tier races. I have a premium account here and have downloaded the required cars and tracks for the race this evening however I am unable to join the practice server. Discord is a nightmare and other than on my phone through the app I dont seem to be able to login to it and connect it to this account. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated in helping me to get online in this league.
Many thanks in advance
Gavin

Hi All,
I am new to Race department / Overtake and looking forward to hopefully getting involved in some friendly clean racing as I learn how to improve in AC. I have been racing in iRacing for the past few months just using the free content and the lower tier races. I have a premium account here and have downloaded the required cars and tracks for the race this evening however I am unable to join the practice server. Discord is a nightmare and other than on my phone through the app I dont seem to be able to login to it and connect it to this account. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated in helping me to get online in this league.
Many thanks in advance
Gavin
Hi Gavin and welcome

Discord issues can usually be solved by disassociating and then associating your account to discord...

Hi Gavin. Welcome along.
I will send you a password for the server.
We also use a website/program ACSM(assetto corsa server manager) that allows you to sign up for races and select your skin. Link is at the bottom of the first post.

Discord, folk often need to disconnect amd reconnect the rd account to get it to sync. The discord app is better on PC than the browser version

Hopefully see you on track later.

Brian

Hi Gavin. Welcome along.
We also use a website/program ACSM(assetto corsa server manager) that allows you to sign up for races and select your skin. Link is at the bottom of the first post.

Discord, folk often need to disconnect amd reconnect the rd account to get it to sync. The discord app is better on PC than the browser version

Brian
Thanks Brian.

Hi Gavin. Welcome along.

Brian
You can't config 'push to talk' on the browser version of Discord so the App is recommended

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.