Giedo van der Garde wins Sauber court case

I know where she is going, something in a white and black striped suite.

B_8R-TEUkAA8SnI.jpg

Sorry for not posting updates earlier, too sleepy to keep track of everything. But here are some updates now.

Adam Cooper @adamcooperF1 · 31m31 minutes ago
Back at the Supreme Court, another 'start delayed' situation as it's put back to 10am, so about 35 minutes away

Adam Cooper @adamcooperF1 · 6m6 minutes ago
Melbourne Herald Sun paper has two-page headline 'Sauber tells court to shove ruling'. I'm told the judge has seen it...

Adam Cooper @adamcooperF1 · 26s27 seconds ago
'@GvanderGarde lawyer says matter has been settled... so it's all over, they have made a deal

Adam Cooper @adamcooperF1 · 16s17 seconds ago
The summons which could have led to the cars being seized etc has been withdrawn

Kate Jones @Kate_Jones7 · 1m1 minute ago
BREAKING: An agreement has been reached which means Giedo van der Garde's contempt action against @SauberF1Team has been withdrawn. #7news

Kate Jones @Kate_Jones7 · 5m5 minutes ago
There's no word yet on the details of the agreement Sauber and van der Garde have reached. It means Sauber won't have its cars seized.

Supreme Court of Vic @SCVSupremeCourt · 4m4 minutes ago
Proceedings in @GvanderGarde v @SauberF1Team have been discontinued by agreement of parties, disposes whole proceeding.

Adam Cooper @adamcooperF1 · 1m1 minute ago
So now we await more news on the agreement, which apparently is still fluid - and could yet involve him driving the car at some stage

Adam Cooper @adamcooperF1 · 42s43 seconds ago
"It can go in a number of different ways," a member of VDG's legal team tells me. "That's what makes it interesting..."

Supreme Court of Vic @SCVSupremeCourt · 3m3 minutes ago
Court orders made earlier in week upholding international arbitration law still stands @GvanderGarde @SauberF1Team

Adam Cooper @adamcooperF1 · 2m2 minutes ago
Just to clarify the Swiss arbitration judgement, and the Aussie court order, still stand. The contempt of court action is dropped

Giedo van der Garde 4 mins ·
With respect to the interest of motorsport, and F1 in particular, I have decided to give up my legal rights to race this weekend at the Melbourne Grand Prix.

As I am a passionate race driver this decision has been very difficult for me.

However I also wish to respect the interest of the FIA, Sauber Motorsport, as well as Nasr and Ericsson.

My management will continue talks with Sauber early next week to find a mutually acceptable solution for the current situation that has now arisen.

I am confident such solution will be found and I will inform the media once done.

Adam Cooper @adamcooperF1 · 10m10 minutes ago
So now we know - as I said, it's still a fluid situation and really this is just a step to get through this weekend

Adam Cooper @adamcooperF1 · 18m18 minutes ago
A summary of where we are now plus @GvanderGarde's thoughts: http://adamcooperf1.com/2015/03/13/van-der-garde-and-sauber-reach-agreement-but-story-inot-over-yet/

Adam Cooper @adamcooperF1 · 12m12 minutes ago
From yesterday there was no desire from VDG camp to stop NAS and ERI racing, so no surprise at the way that worked out

The Supreme Court opened on Saturday just for this case. I am the last person in building and security man keen to go home!

Thanks to @SCVSupremeCourt for their support this week. Great people and very helpful. What an amazing saga - now back to my day job...

Kate Jones @Kate_Jones7 · 21m21 minutes ago
Will be interesting to see outcome of next week's talks between Sauber & van der Garde. Team still can't have 3 drivers for 2 cars. #F1

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back