G29 brake pedal breaks down after few minutes of playing

Hello,

I noticed that after playing AC for 10-15 minutes, my brake pedal breaks down. When you plug in the wheel, or restart the PC, it works normally as intended. Brake actuates quite nicely, bit stiff but you get used to it. However, I noticed that after some short time, braking gets a lot harder. Turns out pedals stop actuating after some 80%. Only if you jab it really hard does it get to 100%. And even after leaving the game wheel stays like that. I took a video of it here:

As I said, same force, same leg, same pedal, but it just doesn't reach 100%. When I unplug and plug it back in, it resets and works as intended. In no other game other than AC does this happen. I can play Dirt Rally for hours and it'll stay the same. But AC breaks after 15min.

I tried to reinstall drivers, run older drivers, I used both stock and content manager launchers. It just keeps breaking.

How can I fix this?

Last edited:
Potentiometer probably needs to be cleaned.
I thought the same, but I'm not quite sure. Its been fine for whole day on Dirt. I just checked and it actuates as it should. Only in Assetto Corsa does it break down. Only possibility I see is that I brake much harder and sharper in AC.

Any other possibilities?

If I really need to clean the pedals, any good tutorials on how to do that? I really don't want to break anything.

If you can see raw input thru windows or logitech settings and its not spiking or acting erratically then it probably doesnt need to be cleaned. The only other thing I could think of is EMI.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back