AC FWD vs RWD: Abarth500/Swift/MX5@Magnificent Park International, Wed 6th March 2024

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

HF2000

Thou shall not pass!!!
Staff
Premium
A46D0054.jpg
1689873804733-png.681571
1689873993762-png.681573

Welcome to the RD Racing Club.

This week a fictional track that lives up to its name. Besides a variation of turns and some nice elevations and banking, it also has a great atmosphere.
The mod has 3 lay-outs of 3,7km, 6.6km and 10.8km. All equally nice.

The 6,6km is the layout that we will be using but if there is a majority for one of the others, I'll switch to that one.
1709157886743.png

Go to the FWD vs RWD series using the Emperor account you have been given and register with your steamID.

If you don't have an Emperor account yet, ask for one by posting in this thread (only for premium members).

Server information:
  • Server: Racedepartment Server 1 Password: standard password, if you don't know that, ask for it in this thread and it will be send in a PM.
  • 20:00 CET, 19:00 GMT (19:00 UTC) | 60 minutes - Official Practice
  • 21:05 CET, 20:05 GMT (20:05 UTC) | 20 minutes - Qualification
  • 21:30 CET, 20:30 GMT (20:30 UTC) | 60 minutes - Race
  • Practiceserver available during the week. Same password.
Event details:
Useful Links:
Entry list (tab entrants)

Last edited:
Oh Han,

you always find us the nicest tracks!

This looks like Tilke said "I build the baddestest tracks" and Hariseb was like: "hold my beer":speechless:

Blind corners galore, flowing sectors brutally interrupted by chicanes and (almost) everything off camber.

I´d really like to hear what South Paw racer would have to say about it in one of his Superserious Trackguides.(In his early years when he didn´t mince words so much :p)

And no, I don´t believe the rumour that the modder just threw a rope on the floor and stenciled the track edges around the mess! Not even a little bit.:O_o:

I think Fulvio will love this, it strongly reminds me of Avenisto :cool:

So come on guys, give this one a try.
(Better more than one, this takes some time to learn and more to master)

It’s not that difficult, I practiced in the Abarth, so a Mazda should be a safer bet.
It took me about 10 laps to get up to speed and learn the track.
It is particularly difficult with the Abarth’s tendency to terminal understeer on those tightening bend.??
And I’m an old fart??

I like it (of course) but I even like the long layout more. However, I decided for this one because it needs less practice obviously.

Last edited:
Fun track, should set the grounds for some interesting racing.
However I'm not sure if I will be able to make it. :(
I'm attending an event this Wednesday, scheduled to end late, but it's unclear how late.
I hope I can make it in time, but if I can't please enjoy (and feel free to kick me out to create room for other people should the entry list get full).

- Ricardo

After checking earlier today I can state with prejudice that " I DID NOT **** UP!" :cool:

The convoluted mess I was bitching complaining talking about is the track Han put up on the practice server.

On March 1st we changed our work schedule from uncontrolled boredom to unfeasonable hectic, so I will probably will not find time and motivation to get comfortable with this "whooling" ( German saylor slang for convoluted mess of noted rope, aka Gordie´s knot")

Have fun and try to keep it on the black stuff....

Last time I took the Abarth, it did not go too well. I will copy everyone else, so we are all in the same boat or should I say car.:O_o:

hELP
@RasmusP or anyone.

Strange, lost sound from Abarth 500 ??
Removed whole car from cars folder and did a verify. loaded on okay.
still no sound:O_o:
Used another cars sound, still no sound,
this is only with the Abarth
tried different track, still no sound
tried different car, sound.

i had an app go weird on me, fuel app, since then i now have this fault.

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea