AC FWD vs RWD: Abarth500/Swift/MX5@Magnificent Park International, Wed 6th March 2024

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Funny,:confused: i used content manager and looked at the folder only to find it was pointing to the wrong car SFX. so i used the sound from a Ferrari 250 gto. i have sound now.
seems to make the Abarth faster with its new sound.
now works as a 250 gto Abarth 500,.
still have a load of weird occurrences but i will sort these out with time. i hope.

Funny,:confused: i used content manager and looked at the folder only to find it was pointing to the wrong car SFX. so i used the sound from a Ferrari 250 gto. i have sound now.
seems to make the Abarth faster with its new sound.
now works as a 250 gto Abarth 500,.
still have a load of weird occurrences but i will sort these out with time. i hope.
Glad you've figured it out! I'm away until the weekend and really couldn't write all the folders and files to check from my memory on my phone :x3:

I can definitely recommend to swap sounds every now and then with some cars!
Remember that my F-Agile got the sound of some decently screaming Alfa Romeo classic and screams at you to PUSH IT :D

Hm...

Practice pretty allright with PB, couldn't find my pace in time in qualy for a decent lap though. Okay-ish.

Race. I was a bit too cautious at the start with the beehives two rows in front of me, they were just too far away to overtake them before T1 so got stuck behinf them, picked wrong gear, saw entire field fly by. But at least we were all rolling :cool: . Now hunting the pack, got around spinning cars, gaining some positions back. In the very last sector nearly missed a spinning Steve and Paul, Han on my left side, both racing to the last wide right handcorner. Got hit by a kamikaze bowling beehive aiming for an apex I do not know of :confused: (make that 'under investigation #3' Han :p:p)

Anyway, back to even more to the back of the field, again, chasing Paul and Steve and David, me overcooking some corners, only to ease down a few laps later. Started hotlapping again, doing several PB's including some last corner screwed up almost 48's. Saw a few guys leave, so eventually finished P8. Bit of a frustrating race, but managed to have some fun in the end. Better luck next time!

Congrats to Thomas, Ernie and Jari on the podium and thank you Han for organising!

Last edited:
@Allan Ramsbottom and @KDiesel .
I saw your incident from my car. I'm not sure who's fault it was. Allan drove to the right while Kimi was going to overtake there but Kimi had still some space to go also more to the right.
So both had something in it. But my guess is that even if Kimi was going to the right also, the same would have happened when the tarmac ended.

And in the last lap Kimi and I had contact when I did an overtake on the inside. I kept fairly on my inside line but Kimi kept going to the inside. At the moment of contact our front wheels were aside so I was totally beside him. I kept my wheels on the kerbs so stayed on track.
So I think I did the right thing with not waiting for you.

Last edited:
Got hit by a kamikaze bowling beehive aiming for an apex I do not know of :confused: (make that 'under investigation #3' Han
Was that you??? I was totally surprised by the bump. I had no idea that there was a car there.

EDIT: I just saw it. Totally my fault and I should have waited:confused::(:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:.
I have no real excuse for it. But I must have had no attention for Helicorsa or my grid brows. But BTW that was my normal apex for the Swift!

Last edited:
I was really trying to decide between the Abarth and Suzuki, I think in the end I chose the right car. But my pace in the Abarth was pretty much the same but I took Hans advice and went for the easier drive.
The Abarth would have made the first few laps a lot easier, but the Suzuki was quicker over the whole race.
I could have done nothing about the flying Thomas or Alan, and of course Jason. But Alan had an incident and Jason retired, so I don’t think car choice would have made much difference. What I gained in the first few laps would have been countered by a more difficult car.
A good race for me and this circuit suited me, no heavy braking zones :) plus a lot of fun with Jari and Kimi/
:)

yes i know Allan, if i am in the Abarth, i tend "not" to treat the Mazda's as rivals but a sort of separate race.
And try and use the Suzuki and Abarth's to their strengths. if i was Kimi i would have not contested the Abarth in that situation, just waited for the next long straight, and tried to keep it tight on all exits.
Then if i could not keep up, let it go, no point in overly contesting a faster driver. i usually rely on mistakes , ( unless i have good pace ) rather than forcing the issue and hope for the best.
A gap from a mistake is the best, if you have similar pace. it is something to work from. Forcing an overtake and have a car with a faster pace or similar pace still right on your butt is not a good move.
I have the luck of driving with all the front runners and base everything on what am i going to gain from this overtake.
Now trying to get everyone to be the same is not easy, with Kimi i know everything is going to get fraught, so i make sure i have some sort of workable advantage, and if our pace is similar and just sit and wait, even the whole race if necessary.
I have very little trouble from most here, if not all these amazing drivers on our forum, Sometimes you need to control yourself, that you can easily, mostly, do, others are divorced from that ability.:(

Just my point of view generally on this matter.

Now the accident from my perspective, why Kimi contested the entry to that corner is not in my understanding, he was in a negative situation from the beginning of his overtake attempt. As I always say, it is always the over takers responsibility. not the driver who is being overtaken.

just my point of view on this incidence.

Last edited:
Now the accident from my perspective, why Kimi contested the entry to that corner is not in my understanding, he was in a negative situation from the beginning of his overtake attempt.
Well I think that being beside Allan, you forced the him to leave the ideal raceline thus probably letting him have a bad exit and get a real overtake opportunity after the corner.

To be honest, I think I would have done the same as Kimi because Allan left quite some space on the right side and in the Abarth you need to be as far on the outside anyway.

But that's just my opinion. I've had this race a lot of battles with Kimi in which I also managed to overtake him in that corner by taking a tight line on the inside.

This is a continuation of a discussion we had after Grobnik.

It´s clear beyond a reasonable doubt that a very small minority of underprepared/overmotivated drivers is spoiling our group effort for a fair and enjoyable race.
(while violating our rules!)

I sincerely regret letting myself get talked of reporting said driver because the incidents keep piling up.

Please Alan do the work of submitting an official report so things get rolling or at least we get a written statement why the rules are not monitored/enforced.

I fear it´s time we leave our comfort zones to save this racing group.

To say i was in the lead,i was moving over to defend my position and also to take the corner,i was hit from behind...As i,ve said in past posts,driving standards are going down,and nothing is been done..
Allan, you defence was bit too late and there was no time for me to do anything. I´m ok with that if judges want to take a look ALL incidents where I´ve been even 10km radius.

Attachments

• Screenshot_ks_abarth500_assetto_corse_magnificent-park_7-3-124-17-15-57.jpg
    Screenshot_ks_abarth500_assetto_corse_magnificent-park_7-3-124-17-15-57.jpg
    644.3 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Kimi it was,nt too late,i could have completley shut the door on you,i saw you on the radar, but i was also giving you space,the point been you overcooked the corner,causing the collision,you should have waited,alternatley you could also have backed off,waited after the corner and done a clean overtake...

I have been a bit one sided, for that I apologise, Kimi is always “tough” to overtake, ( or be overtake by ) but in the last year I have only had one incident with Kimi. I blamed him , but looking at the replay I was wrong, so in the end it was a racing incident.By that I mean if I had used my noddle it could have been avoided.
And Kimi and I are often in the same space on the track.

PS my initial statement still stands, Kimi should have not contested the corner.

Last edited:
Kimi it was,nt too late,i could have completley shut the door on you,i saw you on the radar, but i was also giving you space,the point been you overcooked the corner,causing the collision,you should have waited,alternatley you could also have backed off,waited after the corner and done a clean overtake...
Theres no point to discuss this in here, like I wrote, take it to jury.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.