FunCup UK

Cars FunCup UK 1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
I'm getting the same issue as mentioned before in cockpit view. A ghostly blur when driving on tracks with lots of trees etc. It's almost like a light that rolls left and right across the windscreen as I turn the car.
Not seen this on any other car mod, so it might be easy to fix.

I'm getting the same issue as mentioned before in cockpit view. A ghostly blur when driving on tracks with lots of trees etc. It's almost like a light that rolls left and right across the windscreen as I turn the car.
Not seen this on any other car mod, so it might be easy to fix.
IIRC it's a CSP issue; the way certain things are handled with transparency doesn't mesh well with CSP if the void/skybox is behind it. It's a similar sort of problem that Source-engine games have when you look directly into the void through gaps in the map geometry.

Unfortunately I forget what setting you have to turn off to stop that sort of image ghosting.

This is what I changed..all values to zero. had to do it for both inside and outside glass

Attachments

• glass.jpg
    glass.jpg
    590.7 KB · Views: 39
@Zombie Boy Changing the shader values to 0 doesn't really solve the problem, you'll mess up some stuff doing that as well, so don't do it.

The ghosting/blurry windscreen problem in cockpit view is because of some kind of glitch with csp's ExtraFX TAA. Only happens on a few cars though.

It can easily be fixed by adding these lines in the ext_config.ini located in the car's extension folder:
[EXTRA_FX]
DELAYED_RENDER = material:Glass

That's it. This will fix the ghosting/blur caused by the outer windscreen material. Hopefully Riley will implement this fix in a future update.

As for the weird light glare, I suspect that's because of the flat nature of the beetle windscreen. The reflection seems kinda jarring though... you can try to reduce it with these extra lines on the same ext_config:
[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
MESHES = WINDOW_F_OUT
PROP_... = ksSpecular, 1
PROP_... = ksSpecularEXP, 50

@Zombie Boy Changing the shader values to 0 doesn't really solve the problem, you'll mess up some stuff doing that as well, so don't do it.

The ghosting/blurry windscreen problem in cockpit view is because of some kind of glitch with csp's ExtraFX TAA. Only happens on a few cars though.

It can easily be fixed by adding these lines in the ext_config.ini located in the car's extension folder:

That's it. This will fix the ghosting/blur caused by the outer windscreen material. Hopefully Riley will implement this fix in a future update.

As for the weird light glare, I suspect that's because of the flat nature of the beetle windscreen. The reflection seems kinda jarring though... you can try to reduce it with these extra lines on the same ext_config:
I don't understand this statement. Changing the values to "0" absolutely did work for me, the windshield is now crystal clear with no weird reflections at all.

That being said, I can't speak for it messing up other things, as everything worked fine for me racing against the AI..but I do not go online..if it causes online mis-matches or something I wouldn't know. What I do know is, it worked.

Last edited:
EDIT/ I Can see this is a known issue already.

Anyone else getting the road surface reflecting up through the car onto the windows? Anything I drive over seems to be reflected up through the inside of the car and onto the windows, like road surface, grass, curbs, grid paint etc, it's quite distracting at times.

You can see it here on the right hand side of the windscreen:

Last edited:
Whether the right or wrong way to fix it I've solved it for now by changing the material to 'Glass.007' in CM. This works for me for now.
Capture.JPG

Great mod and good to drive.
However I use VR and there are a couple of problems with the door mirrors.
The mirrors are reversed horizontally so cars coming from the left appear in the right mirror and visa versa!
And rotated 90deg so the track is vertical.
Possibly no one noticed before as the virtual mirror is ok (but can't be used in VR) and the door mirrors are beyond line of sight using a monitor. So struggling to see what is behind me.
20231029121612_1.jpg

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 62 88.6%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 10 14.3%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 12 17.1%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 5 7.1%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 18 25.7%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 21 30.0%