Cars FunCup UK 1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
Riley Phillips submitted a new resource:

FunCup UK - The Official FunCup UK mod for Assetto Corsa

Official FunCup Endurance Championship

Mod made for Assetto Corsa​

Background on the Championship:
From https://funcup.co.uk/about/
"The cars are race designed, single-seaters, with super-strong space frame chassis. They are powered by an 1800cc, 130 bhp VW/Audi petrol engine, with the ultra reliable Sadev sequential gearbox.

They all feature race brakes and fully adjustable...

Read more about this resource...

I did nothing, just installed the car and started the game. Reset to default setup, still too low. It says actual ride height is 139 mm, and minimum is 140 mm.
That is weird, it should be 141 default. Could you try it on a different track perhaps? Maybe the surface is being strange. Taking most of the fuel out should raise it by 1mm anyway as a short term solution.

That is weird, it should be 141 default. Could you try it on a different track perhaps? Maybe the surface is being strange. Taking most of the fuel out should raise it by 1mm anyway as a short term solution.
I've tried Donington and Brands Hatch, both the same. Temp 18 degrees and default setup. I unpacked data.acd and allowed for a little bit of ride height adjustment to fix it temporarily.

I've tried Donington and Brands Hatch, both the same. Temp 18 degrees and default setup. I unpacked data.acd and allowed for a little bit of ride height adjustment to fix it temporarily.
Unfortunate, I will look out for others that have this issue, but not being able to replicate it myself is a tricky one. Ride height and springs will be included in the setup in the near future.

nice effort for a first mod. One thing I did notice is it seems like your tyre normal map requires its red and green channels flipped.
Also I don't think I would bother having the tread modelled - it looks like you've already baked the normals from a high poly tyre which is really cool, but I'd go a step further and remove the tread and have those fully baked too.

unknown.png

unknown.png

nice effort for a first mod. One thing I did notice is it seems like your tyre normal map requires its red and green channels flipped.
Also I don't think I would bother having the tread modelled - it looks like you've already baked the normals from a high poly tyre which is really cool, but I'd go a step further and remove the tread and have those fully baked too.

unknown.png

unknown.png
Thanks, yes as a nice optimisation I will do that for the next version, I did know of having just a circle with a texture, but a long time after I had everything made :) , and I would of liked to get them out in this first upload but I'm not a modellor. Thanks for the useful tips on the normals.

Excellent thanks for this!

2 things, firstly rain is not being fully wiped from the windscreen. The left wiper is sticking through the window so this may be why.

Secondly when I started a track day with the car it failed. Maybe to do with setup like has been mentioned before? Can you test a track day with the car? I can do more testing if you need logs or anything but off to bed right now, thanks again!

2 things, firstly rain is not being fully wiped from the windscreen. The left wiper is sticking through the window so this may be why.

Secondly when I started a track day with the car it failed. Maybe to do with setup like has been mentioned before? Can you test a track day with the car? I can do more testing if you need logs or anything but off to bed right now, thanks again!
I never tested the car with rain, so thanks for that info, I'll look into the trackday sessions :)

Ah, so the trackday thing, I can only run the number of cars up to half what the grid actually allows. I have no idea why, it crashes if I go higher. Thanks for pointing it out. I'll start to make a list of known issues at the bottom of the post so others are aware, as well as a planned list of future changes.

The tyres have an unusual texture map configuration compared to most cars on AC, to say the least. Typically the tyres are done in one of two ways:

The first and most common way is to have tyre tread texture going straight in a single cardinal direction (left and right or up and down) in a square that is inset to the circular texture of the sidewall. Most Kunos cars have their tyres set up this way, as do most mod cars.

The second way is to have the whole tyre texture done in one or two strips, depending on alternating tread widths between front and rears, with the sidewalls flanking the tread pattern each way. This is the way that most of RSS's formula cars handle tyre textures, as well as VRC's more recent releases.

The way that you've done it is a sort of halfway-house between the two; with the outer sidewall being in a circular shape, yet having the tread texture follow the circular direction of the sidewall.

This makes creating new tyre textures more difficult than normal for recreating liveries for other regions that don't use Giti tyres.

The tyres have an unusual texture map configuration compared to most cars on AC, to say the least. Typically the tyres are done in one of two ways:

The first and most common way is to have tyre tread texture going straight in a single cardinal direction (left and right or up and down) in a square that is inset to the circular texture of the sidewall. Most Kunos cars have their tyres set up this way, as do most mod cars.

The second way is to have the whole tyre texture done in one or two strips, depending on alternating tread widths between front and rears, with the sidewalls flanking the tread pattern each way. This is the way that most of RSS's formula cars handle tyre textures, as well as VRC's more recent releases.

The way that you've done it is a sort of halfway-house between the two; with the outer sidewall being in a circular shape, yet having the tread texture follow the circular direction of the sidewall.

This makes creating new tyre textures more difficult than normal for recreating liveries for other regions that don't use Giti tyres.
Thanks, will note that down for how to do it properly.

I have tyre stickers for Michelin and Yokohama from the few European skins I have, so hopefully those will be of use when all the liveries I have go out.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.