FSR Winter Series 2013 (merged)

Well the first start there were 2 formations laps (For whatever reason) and after first lap people already started overtaking which caused all those dq's I believe. Seems right to do a restart in that situation.
The second start just seems like a driver error to me.

Happy with 10th Place. Congratulations to Jiri for taking the win :) Really happy for you mate :). Amazing result for Jorrick. Well done mate I will look for would to racing with you in the last race of the Winter Series and 2014 season :).

Patrick I am glad you have calmed down because you are a really fast driver and we all make mistakes and get unlucky. In fairness to you Patrick, if that curb didn't have that glitch you would have still been running. So Patrick keep your head up and keep going because we all know you can drive very well and maybe get an amazing result (win) :).

I will look for would to the last race of the Winter Series and good luck to everyone for the final race.

Regards,
James

I don't understand why you would go full attack into the corner despite the line, full tank, cold tyres, other cars around you and still not lifting or braking, even if that curb wasn't there you still would have lost the momentum and get re passed by the cars you got in turn 1.

One thing in play on that second start is that the track rubber got reset when JES went back to Warmup. Any time you go backwards in the race weekend sequence it loads whatever RealRoad is specified in the server's weather setup page, which in this case was a pre-defined file. If it were set to load the Autosaved realroad instead then it would just keep whatever was there last.

The potential downside to that (although this is a matter of opinion) is that if the server is set that way during the week then the rubber gets built up to a very dense level across "weekends" and it eventually just stabilizes and doesn't change anymore. I don't really mind it but some people get bent that it makes RealRoad irrelevant. Maybe it should just be set when turning on the password and going into the race event proper, so that if there's any need to restart or move backward in the weekend then the RR doesn't get reset.

I'm not mentioning this in relation to any specific incident but more for the drivers and JES to be aware of. When it gets reset then the grip level can end up being much lower than you anticipate, and this is obviously not a great thing on a race start.

The rolling starts are designed to work like American-style road racing starts, which I know many in this series aren't familiar with. The intention is to have two rows of cars and all the cars in each row, at least toward the front, packed closely together as they approach the start line. No one is supposed to take off until the green light is signaled, which is often done very close to the S/F line. The idea is to have a densely packed grid of cars aligned 2x2 - think NASCAR.

If the cars at the front aren't packed close enough together at the time the green is supposed to come out, then the start can be "waved off" and the polesitter is supposed to lead the field around for a second attempt. This is what happened today but no one understood it and I don't think it's communicated by the sim very well. Jernej got a nice jump on the start and the first 3 rows were very strung out when the green was supposed to be shown, so it was waved off.

The right decision was taken to restart the race IMO, because these rules aren't understood by the competitors nor are they clearly communicated by the sim. Honestly, having run countless races in rF2 over the past year myself where we did standing starts in every one of them, I really think the better decision is to use standing starts. In my experience, the smoke has never been nearly as big of an issue as it's made out to be here. I think it's a better choice than dealing with the vagaries of an odd and foreign starting system.

P2 in the start was not a good place to be. I got beaten twice by Jiri in to t1. After couple of laps Jiri let me go, which i figured was because of the penalty that he received and got the random blue flag. Later on i saw that Jaakko removed Jiris penalty and that was the reason he let me go so i let him back past me and continued. Spent the whole race at around 1sec from Jiri but theres no way to pass a guy thats similarish to your pace in these cars unless the car in front makes a big mistake.

To pat: There is no conspiracy against you in fsr. Both of these situations of yours in the past two races have been your own fault so you cant compare it to what happened in start 1. I understand your frustration but you gotta realize the facts. You drove last winter series and were involved in a t1 crash last year aswell so maybe u should have taken it a bit more safe this time. Also that kerb has been there since rf2 was released and im sure it wasnt anything new that if u hit it straight on like u did that its gonna **** up ur car. Sometimes you just need to accept your own mistakes instead always trying to find the problem from somewhere else.

the way i hit the curb was due this stupid understeering
Again all to blame to mister de wit off course come
look replay and you will see.......:)

too much speed is so not true i came out at the middle of that curb what can i do the understeer is horrendous

BTW sorry i am calm now and sorry i chatted
Its in the heat of the moment
Just soo frustrating lying 3rd for the restart
Restart great start and then coming exacley in the middle of that curb,,,,,,,,,:(

Sorry all but this is what winter series is for
Still i don,t understand the restart at lap 5
While i had same issiue last week
You are driving on the top level of sim racing, so adapt to the conditions you should be able to.

the only thing is what disturbs is that all racers know so well
My car just understeered out and i was unlucky i hit that curb head on it was only just
so say its a fault is ok
But especially Gosbee they defend or attack also when they want...........!
I don,t judge things like this
Yes maybe too fast in t1 but i made the corner even with the understeer so don,t judge me the curb there was stupid and was the 1st time i hit it like that so i did not know it at all

Sorry the race ended for others due to this but to say de wit went to fast is not ok i made turn

See ya at Race 5

The curb is the same for everyone and its been there since the start of testing and last year too, so we make sure we avoid it. But it is your fault that you understeered due to the speed you took into the corner and consequences of fuel/racing line/slipstream, taking a calmer approach would of saved you a DNF.

The curb is the same for everyone and its been there since the start of testing and last year too, so we make sure we avoid it. But it is your fault that you understeered due to the speed you took into the corner and consequences of fuel/racing line/slipstream, taking a calmer approach would of saved you a DNF.

Well, of course its the same for everyone, but not everyone has experienced it before therefore they wont know about it, unless told. But, I retired the same way, understeered into the curb and it completely totaled my car.
But still I was way off pace today due to barely any practice, and I made my self look a fool qualifying 2 seconds off next driver, next time I intend on racing, I will do more practice to ensure more pace and no mistakes like the curb that cost me any chance of finishing.

That race didn't go as smoothly as I'd hoped, but nevertheless thoroughly enjoyed it having had the game for less than a week. Qualifying I bottled by my pb would have only gain me 1 or 2 positions so 12th wasn't too bad in the end. The start was very messy and I capitalised on this getting up to 6th. For the incident with Martin I can only apologise, I completely misjudged the speed you would be able to carry through t1 on the line you were running and when my slow reflexes finally did kick in the damage had already been done... really sorry mate :/

My mum also decided to ask me every question under the sun with about 5 laps to go which eventually sent me spinning and ultimately cost me 6th and 7th place. Again though that's my first proper race on rf2 and all in all I think there's alot to look forward to :)

Can't believe what was happening yesterday... Firstly, after 1 month on rF2 I found speed finally. All drivers was driving out of lines and kept saying "its OK on this track", so I did it too. Then JES said, it´ll be controled post-race. So I started driving "clean". But from my POV, I thing there was still a lot of drivers out of lines all the time. In Q I was losing 0.15 after S2. But in last turn was another 4 tenths... OK, Im DNF, so its only reason Im not angry about it...

Then...RACE LENGHT. How to hell is possible change race distance 2 mins before race start? And without at least BOLDed message or something? For example, my calculations showed there´ll be 26+1 laps and I can do it with full tank without problems. Its not my bussines, that somebody is not sure, if he can do it too. There is no problem to save 2-3L in 45mins long race, especially if we have formation lap, where you can save 1+L easily. I had on start fuel for 2-3 more laps unnecessarily, because of this decission and no time for re-calculate.

Another thing. ROLLING STARTS. I think, after yesterdays race we are pretty sure, its not the best solution for avoid problems caused by smoke on normal starts. All we need is to be carefull, and Imola cant repeat then. But instead we have boring rolling starts, preventing from more overtaking in first corners (what is important opportunity on these cars with big dirty air), and causing more problems and misunderstandings.

About restart. This was only one good decission yesterday. Nobody had experience with doubled formation lap. I was absolutely confused and out of concentration after this. Whole my performance was marked by it..

T1. Its pretty clear. Underestimation of few factors by Patrick, and 4 cars was out. Pat is good driver, so Im sure he can manage it better next time. Is unnecessarily fighting about what happend there...

Last thing, DAN. You know the track, and the corner. Wide inroad line is needed. We was fighting, and I was on inside line, so I had to slow down little bit. I had no chance to avoid crash with bariers during this spin. So 1 lap without rear wing, +125 sec in pits (with engine turned off), and then engine blew up after a half lap, as consequence of my crash. Few hundreds practise laps gone..
After 7 yrs of sim racing, it was only third-time I was kicked from behind and DNF in official race. Pretty angry, that it happend after 4 races in FSR only. I was able to fight with Jim to get closer to him from 2nd overall place, but now is all gone and nothing in my hands...

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.