FSR Winter Series 2013 (merged)

The first start was really weird. It looked like there were two formation laps. I was able to overtake Ville in the first corner and soon even Jernej. Then we all received penalties. I was in the lead but we all had to go to pits because of the penalty. I don't really see a point changing from 45 mins to 25 laps two minutes before the race start. I barely noticed it. This should be said at least half an hour before the race.. So I had to go with full tank. Then fortunately restart came.

The second start wasn't a lot better for me. Again I overtook Ville but I had a blue flag so I waited to find a safety place to let Ville pass me. However it was too late. I received penalty again. It looked like the race was over for me. Then JES removed it and I was finally able to push. Ville let me go then which was very nice of him. Fair driving, very nice of you. Then Jernej made a mistake leaving me in the lead. After that it was all about driving around and managing the tyres. Ville was all over my back in the last couple of laps. But the dirty air is just too big to overtake someone. I made a mistake in the last lap and gave a chance to Ville but I managed to hold him behind me.

So second victory for me. All in all pretty good race for me. However those penalties have to be solved. Rolling starts cause all the problems. Why can't we use normal starts? Because of some tyre smoke? Isn't there tyre smoke in the real life? We're trying to simulate real behaving of the car and we're unable to be careful a little at the start? This is a best simracing league in the world. And even more, these rolling starts don't allow proper overtaking. If you consider this huge dirty air, the start is basically the only opportunity to overtake someone.

Anyway, looking forward to the final race. Looks like it'll be very interesting. When we'll know the track for the last race?

Can't believe what was happening yesterday... Firstly, after 1 month on rF2 I found speed finally. All drivers was driving out of lines and kept saying "its OK on this track", so I did it too. Then JES said, it´ll be controled post-race. So I started driving "clean". But from my POV, I thing there was still a lot of drivers out of lines all the time. In Q I was losing 0.15 after S2. But in last turn was another 4 tenths... OK, Im DNF, so its only reason Im not angry about it...
Just to let you know what happened with that, Parisis asked JES about it on the server and the response was that it wouldn't be penalized. He said something to the effect that it was just the winter series, so not worth worrying about. I had read the forum post as well and was prepared to keep two wheels inside the lines, but after that it was anything goes. I didn't really care one way or the other about the decision but the way it was communicated meant that some people didn't receive the message. You may have been one of them.

This is the reason why run rolling starts for the time being. Will be solved for the mainseason.

Expect track release shortly (tonight).
That's a compelling image. I have to retract my earlier comment that in my experience it hasn't been an issue, since in almost all those races I've been on the front row of the grid. I just haven't heard people complaining about it so much before, but that image is pretty damning - looks like an engine detonated.

A new build is in the pipe, probably this week as you likely know. Hopefully it's been addressed.

Always I've been unlucky with those restart of races. Three times last year winter series I was leading after first corner, but then you restart it because of big crash, then on 2nd start i've been crashed from someone and no restart with again 10+ cars involved. This is totally unfair and unacceptable with these restarts, because you give an advantage for some drivers, 2nd chance and nothing for others, maybe that was the key where the championship decided last year.

Always I've been unlucky with those restart of races. Three times last year winter series I was leading after first corner, but then you restart it because of big crash, then on 2nd start i've been crashed from someone and no restart with again 10+ cars involved. This is totally unfair and unacceptable with these restarts, because you give an advantage for some drivers, 2nd chance and nothing for others, maybe that was the key where the championship decided last year.

Thanx mate someone that understands it but it does not change anymore,,,,,,,,

Just to let you know what happened with that, Parisis asked JES about it on the server and the response was that it wouldn't be penalized. He said something to the effect that it was just the winter series, so not worth worrying about. I had read the forum post as well and was prepared to keep two wheels inside the lines, but after that it was anything goes. I didn't really care one way or the other about the decision but the way it was communicated meant that some people didn't receive the message. You may have been one of them.
Good to know. Its the same as with change of race distance. I cant read all messages on chat, or still be on server. And in briefing JES told it clearly. So this kinds of decissions have to be BOLDed, or repeated before race start, or qualifying. To let all drivers know about it...
I was able to be in top 6 (Q) and avoid to battle with Brewer, and my DNF finally...

The final Winter Season round circuit will be... *drum roll*

silverlogo.jpg

silvermap.png

Silverstone 1.14. Download latest version from here. Server will be up later tonight.

Hi, looks like i'm late for the party. First time posting on your forums and i'd like to join the last race if possible please?

Edit: looks like i've posted here before but not used (nor even remember making an account) some time ago.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.