FSR Winter Series 2013 (merged)

Two wheels on track will count, if there is clear cutting during qualifying/race on purpose it will get penalized. I rather not edit the track at this point anymore as that means everyone has to re-download it and the old replays, realroad etc. will be gone.

Two wheels on track will count, if there is clear cutting during qualifying/race on purpose it will get penalized. I rather not edit the track at this point anymore as that means everyone has to re-download it and the old replays, realroad etc. will be gone.
With all due respect, why would you want to undo a realism feature that has no issues anyway? I understand how there can be debate around the rain effects but this is just a feature that works. I've been in real races where brake markers have blown over or been obscured. The race isn't stopped to fix it - you just adapt.

I've also been in real rain races that weren't a whole helluva lot better than what's in Patrick's video. The biggest problem I see in the sim is that the density of the spray is too high at lower speeds, but at high speeds it's not far off of my experience in formula cars. Try also having a visor about 2 inches from your eyes that's has water streaming across it.

With all due respect, why would you want to undo a realism feature that has no issues anyway? I understand how there can be debate around the rain effects but this is just a feature that works. I've been in real races where brake markers have blown over or been obscured. The race isn't stopped to fix it - you just adapt.

I've also been in real rain races that weren't a whole helluva lot better than what's in Patrick's video. The biggest problem I see in the sim is that the density of the spray is too high at lower speeds, but at high speeds it's not far off of my experience in formula cars. Try also having a visor about 2 inches from your eyes that's has water streaming across it.

I'm agree with u Matt!

I'm not against the smoke/rain effects, in fact in a rain race, despite the danger that there may be, I think is necessary to have spray and give the leader the advantage than exists in reality. Just change the density of the smoke; the smoke really exists, but it is not an opaque screen, especially in the starts.

Welcome to the fourth race of the FSR Winter Series at Sebring! You will find the password for this event by logging on GPCOS and looking at the password field which is next to the server's IP address.

Before proceeding to the event, pay attention to the following:
  • Take a note of the new required multiplayer settings
  • Note that any intentional/systematic cutting will be penalized post-race
  • Due to tire smoke issues not yet solved, start will again be conducted as a rolling start. Keep a safe distance to the car ahead and avoid running alongside.
  • Remember to close rF2 launcher if you are running over a WiFi network
  • Due to the number of allocated drivers being <27, no Pre-Qualifying is organized this time
Following drivers (19) have automatically gained the right to race:
1.Dan BrewerParticipation confirmed2014-02-11 23:53:42
2.Martin HodásParticipation confirmed2014-02-12 01:10:20
3.Matt SentellParticipation confirmed2014-02-12 01:36:23
4.Jiří TomanParticipation confirmed2014-02-12 06:07:53
5.Dmitry ZaharovParticipation confirmed2014-02-12 08:38:09
6.Jernej SimoncicDriver participation uncertain2014-02-12 09:51:05
7.Alvaro TorresParticipation confirmed2014-02-12 11:56:10
9.Patrick De WitParticipation confirmed2014-02-12 18:54:04
10.Ryan WinsperParticipation confirmed2014-02-12 19:03:27
11.Adrian FalconDriver participation uncertain2014-02-12 19:27:47
12.Blair DisleyParticipation confirmed2014-02-12 19:47:37
13.Carlos HernandezParticipation confirmed2014-02-13 14:41:18
14.Jim ParisisParticipation confirmed2014-02-13 18:18:59
15.Chris KnightDriver participation uncertain2014-02-13 20:33:50
16.Marcel vd LindenParticipation confirmed2014-02-13 22:42:40
17.Jonny SimonParticipation confirmed2014-02-14 01:38:31
18.Ville LeppäläDriver participation uncertain2014-02-14 19:16:08
19.Adrián RodríguezParticipation confirmed2014-02-14 21:00:19
20.Jorrick BoshoveParticipation confirmed2014-02-14 21:41:34
21.James SadlerParticipation confirmed2014-02-14 23:44:06

Schedule:
Saturday, 17:20 GMT: Server opens for Practice
Saturday, 17:35 GMT: Qualifying 15min
Saturday, 17:50 GMT: Warmup
Saturday, 18:00 GMT: Race

The Free Practice session will be 15 minutes in length. Every participating driver should join as soon as possible after the server opens to make sure that they don't miss the start of Qualifying and also to make sure that their game is configured & working properly.

Qualifying will be 15 minutes in length. The sessions will run in non-private mode (all cars will be visible on track at the same time). Qualifying will be run with free setup.

The Warmup session will be 10 minutes in length. You can drive freely in the Warmup session to try to get a feel for the heavier car after qualifying on low fuel.

The Race will be 45 minutes long (approximately 25 laps). Drive safely during the race, especially at the start and the first lap in general. Remember that no refueling is possible.

Red Flags will NOT be used unless in very specific situations which are specified in the rule documents.

great job of kicking me
I run wide come on curb and smack not even listening But when Jiri and others get DQ and stuff then we have restart and now when multiply cars are out in t1 nothing?

And yes then no restart
And then kick me?

Whats that about?
So good position and i just knew it when restart de wit goes out
Thanx for ruining it

Very strange decision

Thanks to John for staying calm, it was not an easy situation to manage. When fundamental things go wrong, like DQ to top 3, it's reasonable to think about restart indeed.

The race was short but sweet :) Got oversteer in the middle of an understeer...bammm into the barrier. I would have to retire anyway as start at 18.05 was the last possible time for me; saying to make myself less angry xD

The rFactor 2 is lovely! It really makes you think before going side to side throught corners as the contacts makes you retire, as it's in reality. The feeling is fantastic, I wonder how heavenly it is on better wheels than dfgt :p
I wish you a good start to the season and meet you in a race in summer :)

Well...so unfair. Simply De Wit hit the kerb, destroy his car, and Martin, Matt and me was destroyed by the pieces. Enjoy it...

And sorry Zaharov, I broke so early, but I lock tires inmediatly and I had broken my direction, so I couldn't avoid u. Anyway sorry m8.

the way i hit the curb was due this stupid understeering
Again all to blame to mister de wit off course come
look replay and you will see.......:)

too much speed is so not true i came out at the middle of that curb what can i do the understeer is horrendous

BTW sorry i am calm now and sorry i chatted
Its in the heat of the moment
Just soo frustrating lying 3rd for the restart
Restart great start and then coming exacley in the middle of that curb,,,,,,,,,:(

Sorry all but this is what winter series is for
Still i don,t understand the restart at lap 5
While i had same issiue last week

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 121 86.4%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 24 17.1%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 23 16.4%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 17 12.1%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 42 30.0%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 49 35.0%