FSR Winter Series 2013 (merged)

Np Bryan. It is normal, that rF says you to be in line behind opponent in the same line. But you have seen we was all in single-file format and nobody had problems, just stay near to opponent one place above. You know about it for next races, so its OK mate ;)

You most likely spun across the track and gravel with locked tyres and if mist load was in that tyre it is no wonder, that you loose 25% of your tyre. In a real car you would have huge flat spots, that would make the car undriveable, so I would say you got away pretty well with 75% tyre left ;)
Yeah right. My FFB was crazy after that hit in every fast right handed corner. Was trying to simulate the flatspots? You might can hear the FFB in this video of my race. :D
Don't bother with the language though... :p

Yeah right. My FFB was crazy after that hit in every fast right handed corner. Was trying to simulate the flatspots? You might can hear the FFB in this video of my race. :D
Don't bother with the language though... :p

The tires do actually flatspot in rF2, and the more load there is on the tire the more you'll feel it through the wheel. So if the LF is flatspotted then when you're in a right-hand corner and it loads up, the vibration will be much greater. When it unloads in a left-hander you won't feel it. You should be able to feel it a bit on the straights but most FFB wheels have enough of a dead spot in the center that you don't get the forces for it.

How do I race in winter series, I've signed up all on GPCOS, I tried to join the FSR Team (not sure if i had to) haven't been accepted yet and can't allocate for Saturday. Thanks.

For me and Dan Brewer.

Btw, idk if it will be planned, but I think could be great idea if we test variable weather (rain especially) in one of the next races.

Yes, I actually had in mind rain for this race, but it's really a short practise time with a new simulator and a lot of rookies to FSR. We'll delay the rain races to the main season, if then.
How do I race in winter series, I've signed up all on GPCOS, I tried to join the FSR Team (not sure if i had to) haven't been accepted yet and can't allocate for Saturday. Thanks.

For me and Dan Brewer.

Have added you now, it's a manual process and sometimes it takes a bit time.

Yes, I actually had in mind rain for this race, but it's really a short practise time with a new simulator and a lot of rookies to FSR.

I'm not agree with this. I know we just have 1 week between race and race, but anyway, its mainly a pre-season champ, where we should test all possible bugs or issues. It's like Abu Dhabi Pirelli's test in 2013, when season is over. Obvious if something is wrong, could be repercusion (like Rosberg punchure in the straight), but its better than if it happens into the season IMHO, right?

U could advertise it, i.e say "in the last race of WS we test wet condition"

I'm not agree with this. I know we just have 1 week between race and race, but anyway, its mainly a pre-season champ, where we should test all possible bugs or issues. It's like Abu Dhabi Pirelli's test in 2013, when season is over. Obvious if something is wrong, could be repercusion (like Rosberg punchure in the straight), but its better than if it happens into the season IMHO, right?

U could advertise it, i.e say "in the last race of WS we test wet condition"

Well, these are the Winter Series and not the actual pre-season itself, so I don't see a rainy race mandatory at the moment. Plus, we all know about the air particles (dust, smoke and water) problem in the current rFactor 2 build, so I guess we should just wait even more for it to get fixed. At the moment it's just impossible to drive behind a car even when you're far away from it, imagine with a big ammount of cars like in de Wit's video. Not possible at all.

Well, these are the Winter Series and not the actual pre-season itself, so I don't see a rainy race mandatory at the moment. Plus, we all know about the air particles (dust, smoke and water) problem in the current rFactor 2 build, so I guess we should just wait even more for it to get fixed. At the moment it's just impossible to drive behind a car even when you're far away from it, imagine with a big ammount of cars like in de Wit's video. Not possible at all.
Imagine driving F1 cars in heavy rain that is not really better.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 112 88.9%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 21 16.7%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 20 15.9%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 17 13.5%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 38 30.2%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 47 37.3%