FSR Winter Series 2013 (merged)

Carlos I just watched replay i went wide andrew ford went thru I stayed wide your car lost traction then all of a sudden you veard off to the left into me damaging my suspension. half way through the race I had to pit to change tires because of damage ( I went down old pit road because of a brain fart) cost more time got a drive thru and the came out and just coasted to the end in 18th

That stupid safety car caused that! Going so slow

It's slow, haven't found a way to change it, but you would think that drivers who can race 300 km/h can stay on track 75 km/h. Unfortunately we had lots of spins on the outlap and some cars starting from pits, which bugged the first start. Second start went better. This was the final time with flying starts anyway.

Well I don't know what to say..lol I prepared well for this race but did a truly awful qualifying! It wouldn't have mattered as the safety car was like a snail and there was confusion over who should be where.i let mike cooper through and I think he qualified behind me. I also got a stop go for no apparent reason and had to type a message to get penalty removed. So I was at the back. Next I got caught in someone's dirty air and was very cautious overtaking for a few laps. After a bit I spun which is not like me and. Had to repeat the overtake...only the tag said it was James Sadler and when I got passed him, it said I had passed someone else and James was in front! After chasing him downs bit, he seemed to just stop off track. Not sure what happened. Oh forgot, earlier in the race I passed mike cooper....only for my screen to lag for one second and the. He was in front of me again! Think someone said this was due to Jim's ping but not sure. Later in the race, after driving in my own race, I think I spun again once or twice. I was surprised my front left was red as I'm normally good with tyres. Does rfactor 2 tyre wear increase when following in slipstream or was it just the spins? Performance wise, my worst race for a long time but still fun. Like winter testing, maybe it will help make Fsr great in the main season...thanks to the organisers!

Really sorry Carlos and Adrian.

Np m8, I didnt feel nothing, just I had something hanging (I suppose a piece of your wing) in the rear but I could take it off on the first lap (horrible sound).

Well, bad Q, people just not understand which means blue flags or why the car have mirrors...

In both starts I started so good, in the 2nd I could overtake 4 cars on the first lap. Later I was a few tenths slower than TOP 5, so I decided save my tires. But anyway I just trained yesterday and a bit today, so I did 2 mistakes in the same corner, in the first Jorrick overtook me, and the second I went to the wall and DNF.

Good job Jim and all who finished!!

Congrats, Jim! Very well deserved.

For those who think there won't be passing in the F1 cars, watch the replay of Gosbee on the last four laps. That's what new tires do, dirty air or not, and the F1 tires last about one-fifth as long as these. With two to four stops per race and everyone on different compounds and stint lengths at any moment, the tires will create plenty of overtaking just as they do irl (with or without DRS).

The result wasn't my goal to this event,but it's still bad :confused:
In the afternoon,during the last practice,i did my best lap in 1.45.544 and i was confident to could up down the 46 easily and maybe (with more lucky) stay on Top10!

Qualifying:
Nothing to talk...i did a good lap (1.45.779 with my best T1 in all the test),shame that other 12 drivers did better and P13 at the start :D

Race:
I lose 1 position at the second turn for an incident in front of me (maybe i touched something and i had little damaged my car),after this my race was bad,no pace and no ''action''...
In the first part the only ''emotion'' was to keep behind Disley for 10-11 laps although it was faster than me (very good ''fight'')...
I finished the tyre too much early (maybe for the damage of the first lap) and the last 9 laps were very difficult!Gerber overtook me and Disley (that he did 1 stop for the tyre i think) too...
I finished the race on P14 at 1 minute and 4 second from the winner...

I had some strange lag and ''freezing'' during the Qualify and the Race!My ping was very ok (about 60ms),my FPS really good,but in 3 times my rFactor was blocked and for this i lost some seconds during the race (2 times)!
Very bad problem...

Congratulation to Jim for the winner and at all the drivers for the race :)
I hope to have early some information from the admin about the division and specially about the race time for talking about my work's boss and take some holiday :)

Mirko Lupini

Thank you all guys, I really appreciate this! :)
After all it was a nice winter season, having fun, battles, disappointments and at the end winning the title!
It was nice to win here at Silverstone as it's my favorite track!
Cya and thank you again! :)

Rolling starts again.. I don't really understand what De Wit was trying to do there. Braking at the start. Van der Linden passed me because of that. Then this awful lag happened. I don't really understand what's the problem. If my internet or the server. That basically ruined all my chances as I picked up damage on front wing and rear suspension and I just wasn't able to drive solid lap times with the damage. Anyway thanks for this Winter Season. It was fun even though it didn't end very well for me. Congrats to Jim and see you on track in Bahrain.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 353 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 248 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 178 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 301 13.3%