FSR Winter Series 2013 (merged)

can u explain me john please why i get a black in formation lap?
Race destroyed from there
Not your fault but dissapointing when u get the lead:(

Ok, I was surprised u stop on lap 2, now I understand. A shame.

Well, strange race here. On the start a hugue crash between leaders, I didnt see nothing with the smoke and I close excessively Leppala, sorry for that mate.

Later Patrick entry to pit and I was leading the race, Simon seems faster than me, but dirty air feels insane on S3, so I could keep P1. I was driving so slow, but I had nice gap to P2. I thought everybody must stop, but...no, hahaha. I failed on pits and I lost a few seconds, afterwards I was so faster than Jorrick, but as I said dirty air wins and it was impossible until last lap. In last corner Parisis troll me and I was 1km offtrack, xDDD (Im joking ofc)

Funny race, finally 5º and Fastest Lap, good training to rf2.

EDIT: Jes, I was a bit lagged, especially at the beginning, but I think its for my graphic card.

Last edited:
It's funny, I should be a lot happier with 2nd than I am but I think I speak for all of us up front when I say the racing with these cars, on default setup, is just junk at tracks like this with so many high speed corners. It becomes all about track position because as soon as you're within about 1 second of a near-equal car it's like hitting a wall.

The problem really, for those who haven't driven this car much before, is the default setup. Even alone on track it has massively increasing understeer with speed, meaning that as you go faster the understeer just keeps increasing. As I was saying to Jim the other day, this car can be worlds better with a good setup, and that includes reducing the aero understeer effect.

Edit: No additional lag seen here either.

Last edited:
I'm sorry for the hit in 1st lap Jiri. I couldn't decide which way to go cause you didn't have a stable line there.....
I waited you after we hit to get back on track and be behind you and the moment you re-joined the track, you hitted again with another car so I continued.... I want to mention that my FL tire went from 99% to 75% after the hit. Dunno how real this is. Ofcourse I had severe damage on the suspension too. If someone knows pls explain to me too :)
Anyway, too bad that the race went like this, but congrats to the podium!

To JES: No I didn't experience any lag compare to the previous race

BTW Ville, you were generous enough to forgive me for that block at the end of qualifying but I wanted to explain. I was frustrated, as I'm sure many of us were, by not being able to get a clear lap far enough out of someone's slipstream, and I was trying to get one more lap in. But with the time remaining it was going to be close, so if I slowed up at pit exit I wouldn't make it. I took a chance that I could get far enough ahead of you but didn't, and since I slowed down trying to let you past after the fact, I didn't even get my lap. So it was a very poor decision on my part and won't happen again.

Congrats on the podium finish, although I know you're about as pleased with it as I am. :)

I had some weird issues today under braking. Car jumped forward many times in some corners. Can't recommand rF2 as the official FSR simulator in the forcoming season.
In qualy, also could have had a better lap, but someone entered and all of a sudden a small lag ruined it, np tho.
Race was quite good until warm-up lap T 3-4. :D Then mr. Zaharov had his issues and then again in the first lap turn 2 incident -.-
After that I felt that my front wing wasn't 100% ok, I continued, but suddenly had those reoccurring "forward-jumping" issues. I slowed down, did my pit stops in order to let the faster people go. Uneventful race tbh, maybe I hold up some guys due to dirty air effect. - P13

de Wit? da f**k? You don't pass me into pits like that in in-lap without a spin-around.m**********r. ;D ok, chill.
Unfortunetly, was a one-time appearance for me. Maybe with more practice time, could have been bit faster than I was today. Good luck to all the contenders in 2014 FSR full season.

you touched me not the other way around

Everybody is always so eager to blame me for all what happens

watched replay and your to blame you touch me so don,t call names etc

I am chill race was over so no point in discussion

Cheers,

BTW Ville, you were generous enough to forgive me for that block at the end of qualifying but I wanted to explain. I was frustrated, as I'm sure many of us were, by not being able to get a clear lap far enough out of someone's slipstream, and I was trying to get one more lap in. But with the time remaining it was going to be close, so if I slowed up at pit exit I wouldn't make it. I took a chance that I could get far enough ahead of you but didn't, and since I slowed down trying to let you past after the fact, I didn't even get my lap. So it was a very poor decision on my part and won't happen again.

Congrats on the podium finish, although I know you're about as pleased with it as I am. :)

Its alright, people make mistakes.
I had no problems with lag. Only thing that was a bit annoying was that my timing was on crack. like it just sometimes got stuck and i kept dropping in the standings and then jumped back on normal place when i completed the lap. Idk if thats me or the server. Pretty shitty driving by me but at least i finished. :D

Its alright, people make mistakes.
I had no problems with lag. Only thing that was a bit annoying was that my timing was on crack. like it just sometimes got stuck and i kept dropping in the standings and then jumped back on normal place when i completed the lap. Idk if thats me or the server. Pretty shitty driving by me but at least i finished. :D
I've seen that happen a number of times in rF2. It's disconcerting so sometimes I'll just switch it off. :) But it doesn't happen often.

Funny, I just youtube searched "formula sim racing Barcelona " as I had been trying that track on rfactor 1. It showed the 2011 race...huis up front but some familiar names a little further back..they have clearly improved !

can u explain me john please why i get a black in formation lap?
Race destroyed from there
Not your fault but dissapointing when u get the lead:(
Looking at the replay, it's probably because you fell about 30 car lengths behind the car ahead in the final corner of the pace lap. The sim enforces some sort of minimum time or distance. You don't think that monster run you tried to get as a result of it would draw a penalty in real racing? :)

quote="Matt Sentell, post: 1634237, member: 133807"]Looking at the replay, it's probably because you fell about 30 car lengths behind the car ahead in the final corner of the pace lap. The sim enforces some sort of minimum time or distance. You don't think that monster run you tried to get as a result of it would draw a penalty in real racing? :)[/quote]

Lol maybe that was it but i got warnings beforehand and i was not far behind at all

Can,t change it now was nice to have the elad after the mayhem caused by Jim

Broadcast seems to stutter more than normally. My local file seems fine, so I'll upload that one and see if it works better.

I'm watching every round (I'm very curious about rF2) and I can confirm that this broadcast was stutter than previous Winter Series races, but despite this I was able to enjoy almost every lap in 720p (as before); no big problems to report ;) .

I'm sorry for the hit in 1st lap Jiri. I couldn't decide which way to go cause you didn't have a stable line there.....
I waited you after we hit to get back on track and be behind you and the moment you re-joined the track, you hitted again with another car so I continued.... I want to mention that my FL tire went from 99% to 75% after the hit. Dunno how real this is. Ofcourse I had severe damage on the suspension too. If someone knows pls explain to me too :)
Anyway, too bad that the race went like this, but congrats to the podium!

To JES: No I didn't experience any lag compare to the previous race
You most likely spun across the track and gravel with locked tyres and if mist load was in that tyre it is no wonder, that you loose 25% of your tyre. In a real car you would have huge flat spots, that would make the car undriveable, so I would say you got away pretty well with 75% tyre left ;)

Nice race yesterday ;) I had only 1 day to practice, because of problems with my GPU from last race. But tactics worked well :)

But to the topic. Some people have to read briefings before race ;) Stark was almost whole FL alongside me - I had no place to warm up tyres or something.
About lags - this time it was much better from my side. No lags, no unnaturally movements of cars in battles, pretty nice.
And about SC. I think it is really unnecessarily. We are in best league I hope, so we just have to be carefull and drive with sense. not want to win race in T1 or on first straight. On this type of track, with a huge impact of dirty air, is start almost only opportunity to gain some positions. But with rolling start you can get one or max 2 positions in normal situation. We just have to think about ourselves, and dont driving with SC... I hope next build will be there soon and fix the dust on starts but in corners too, because it look very unnaturally, when cars in front of you doing a lot of smoke and it looks as somebody spun right now ;)

Good race guys and gratz to the podium :)
But to the topic. Some people have to read briefings before race ;) Stark was almost whole FL alongside me - I had no place to warm up tyres or something.

Sorry about that Martin, on my screen it was saying to stay behind Jorrick Boshove for some reason, every time i slowed to stay behind you i was getting a warning :-/

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 421 69.4%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 265 43.7%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 285 47.0%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 124 20.4%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 168 27.7%
Back