Fredric Aasbø's Formula Drift Toyota Supra

Seriously thats the best Piece of art work i have ever seen on Racer it looks like Gran Turismo 5 the amount of detail you've put on that beast

Well, so far I use the stock supra sounds with a bit more volume and turbo noise. Sounds pretty good, but not as insane as Fredric's car (he basically runs a straight pipe...). Would be cool to actually sample his car, but as it is in Cali, that might be hard...
Have they dyno mapped the "new" setup already? I thought Bjørn said something about some alterations. If not, you could ask them to take sound samples when they do.. Anyhow, doesn't the yellow one sound "near enough" if the other one is out of reach?

But for the bumper cutout, isn't that more of a trapezoid? To me it looks a bit too square, but on the other hand it's been a while since I last saw pics of "Chucky":)

Looks great anyway!

The dyno charts are from the previously yellow car, as that was the one I started to make. However, the setup will be similar, so it's close enough.

As for the bumper cutout, I'll look into it :)

Well, the screenshots should show both the cg and the cockpit. It's still Some1's cockpit, but with new seats, dials, cage, and some other tweaks. Not really up to par with the best, but decent enough.

As for the stock version, that's something you must ask Some1 for. I'm not fixing the stock Supra, I'm just using his old mesh as a base to make a specific car...

I haven't had much time lately to finish this, but here's a short update.

I fixed the cutout, as it was indeed too square. I've also worked a bit on the window frame as it was very flat. Not sure if I'm happy with it though, so they might be redone completely once again. All while waiting for a physics update really. Not happy with the combined slip in the latest versions...

Ok, here's the deal. I keep going in circles, trying to get the tyre balance right. The problem seems to be related to combined slip. The more I spin the wheels, the more the car wants to straighten. I've managed to compensate a bit by setting a high optimal_slip value, as well as fine tuning the pacejka (basically ending up close to where I started). It can do pretty decent donuts and slide in a controlled way, but it still does weird stuff every now and then.

Anyway, the basic physics are pretty awesome, thanks to Cosmo°, and it drives very well in the latest beta's. To really feel the great handling, try some hotlaps with the stock engine, type=3 diff and comment out the rear optimal_slipangle.

There's still stuff to fix, but I figured I'd release the beta, as I could use some feedback and maybe even some help in getting it perfect. So here you go:
http://racedemon.com/downloads/supra_aasbo_beta.rar

Known bugs/missing stuff:
- Defi dials not functional
- Tyre textures missing details
- Camera positions to be adjusted
- Weird glitch making the steering wheel appear as though there's a gap between polies, even though they're united

There's probably more, so feel free to add to the list ;)

Hold stumt!

That's one hell of an awesome car dude, although the sounds bug me, but damn - that thing is impressive lol. I see what you mean about the handling, it just seems to grip to easily. But even still, it's great :)

Yeah, sounds are a bit flat, but making decent sounds require a lot of time and skill that I don't really have. If someone feel the urge to help out in that area, that would be awesome :)

Apologise to Fredric for me, I've put it into quite a few concrete barriers.
It's quite a handful to drive, esp with mouse control, I'll have to plug the wheel in & take it for a real drive.
Looks very good.
One qlog error :

[racer/7996] The torque curve needs to end at 0 torque (is now 500.00)

fsr said:
but I figured I'd release the beta, as I could use some feedback and maybe even some help in getting it perfect
The trick is knowing it'll NEVER be perfect in your own opinion, but being able to gauge when its 'not terrible' enough to release. An artist is his own worst judge & enemy

Apologise to Fredric for me, I've put it into quite a few concrete barriers.
It's quite a handful to drive, esp with mouse control, I'll have to plug the wheel in & take it for a real drive.
Looks very good.

I don't think he cares :D But yeah, you really need a wheel to control those 700 ponies...

One qlog error :
[racer/7996] The torque curve needs to end at 0 torque (is now 500.00)

The torque curve does actually end at 0 as far as I can tell, but I'll look into it.

The trick is knowing it'll NEVER be perfect in your own opinion, but being able to gauge when its 'not terrible' enough to release. An artist is his own worst judge & enemy

True. But allthough it can't be perfect, it can probably be better than it is right now. Just maybe not with the current versions of Racer :(

Well, I tried it and I can say that it is bloody awesome! I can catch slides at lunatic speeds and angles, it's brilliant! :D

All that's missing in my opinion are projected lights (I don't mind they not lighting up on the model, but the projection on the road is usefull), and maybe some texture tweaking on the interior, I believe that the Supra dash is more black than grey eheh :p

Other than that, it's a great car, congrats! ;)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back