Fredric Aasbø's Formula Drift Toyota Supra

Well, so far I use the stock supra sounds with a bit more volume and turbo noise. Sounds pretty good, but not as insane as Fredric's car (he basically runs a straight pipe...). Would be cool to actually sample his car, but as it is in Cali, that might be hard...

I never liked the stock Supra sounds.. I always thought it sounded more like a 7MGTE rather than a 2JZ. I used to have a really nice Supra sound sample that I used, if I find it, I'll send it your way. :)

Guess I'll take a look at the sounds when I'm done with everything else. Body is almost complete now. Made some adjustments to the shape and added a few bits like hood scoops, Ganador mirrors, shifter, handbrake lever, Sparco seats and hood pins.

Still finetuning the ini, but in a way I've taken a step back to sort the pacejka. Struggeling a little to get good behavior when flooring it. Lighting up the wheels in 5th should brake lateral traction, but it doesn't. Working with Cosmo° and Mr. Whippy on this, so hopefully we'll figure it out soon :)

Got smoke?

Got lock?

looks awesome! but always there are some buts :D i think the IC texture needs to be remade and the brake disks texture.. i think xD and dont forget that filler cap lol

I agree that the cooler looked a bit flat, so I made it in 3D as well as "opened up" the bumper. Not sure if I like it better, but it'll do for now. Maybe I try to make a better cooler later. This one is very low poly...

As for the brake discs, I might look at them, but basically I think they are ok. I don't want them to be too visible. Fredric is running rusty, stock discs, so I'll just keep them dark and non-flashy. Not sure what to do about that missing filler cap. I think I'd have to model it to make it look good...

I agree that the cooler looked a bit flat, so I made it in 3D as well as "opened up" the bumper. Not sure if I like it better, but it'll do for now. Maybe I try to make a better cooler later. This one is very low poly...

Can't tell if you're running 0.6.5 or what, but I think a bumpmap is the way to go for the intercooler/radiator. Fairly regular pattern should be easy to generate a texture for.

Can't tell if you're running 0.6.5 or what, but I think a bumpmap is the way to go for the intercooler/radiator. Fairly regular pattern should be easy to generate a texture for.

Screenshots are from 0830, but with bloom off. I have no experience with bump mapping, but will look into it now as it could be useful for a lot of the details on the car, as well as the cooler :)

Did some more work on the car tonight. Like adding Defi gauges - illuminated of course. No needles yet, but I'll try to make them work :)

Filler cap and gauges

Finally some eye candy :)

Thanks. Pretty happy with it now. However, I keep adding details, so now the car itself looks a bit too low poly :p

I'd say it's very close to a release now, though. Just need to figure out the issues with traction. I've narrowed it down to Racer not handling combined slip like I want it to. It's like braking longitudinal traction doesn't have enough effect on lateral grip. Lighting up the tires to increase angle is not really working the way it should.

Everything else is pretty much sorted though. The general handling and setup is awesome thanks to Cosmo°. I'm also very happy with the way the ff is working with default settings in Racer (I want the car to work out of the box, without any changes to Racer settings).

Another problem area is of course the current inertia "bug". In order for the car to be drivable in the latest beta, I've had to increase yaw inertia to silly values like 7-8000! I've always found Racer to be a bit on the light side, inertia wise, but this is just silly. Hoping that it will get sorted before I'm done with the car!

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.6%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.5%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 13 6.2%