Formula W: A New Series for Female Racers Announced.

As I said earlier, there are many sports where there is no more physical difference than racing. Horse riding for example.

Hypocrits are those who blame this formula W initiative on an ideological basis.

As I said earlier, there are many sports where there is no more physical difference than racing. Horse riding for example.

Hypocrits are those who blame this formula W initiative on an ideological basis.
Or maybe people here just dont watch these sports ;)
Like horse riding... it's so boring (unless the horse troll the person on it, then it's entertaining)

So half of the olympic games is a leftist safe space??? Nonsense.

I'm not bringing politics into this and I think all this left/right nonsense needs to stop before this thread gets closed for political mudslinging.

That said, I personally don't agree with segregating sports where the physical advantages (muscle strength, agility, reach, stride length, etc) of one gender over another have minimal to no influence on the outcome....like shooting and equestrian sports like you've mentioned earlier. Just as there are (thankfully) male and female soldiers and pilots in the armed forces of all races, why separate something as universal as shooting?

I also think there are some traditional sports (tennis comes to mind) where a few really extraordinary women I believe can give the men serious competition. I'd pit Serena Williams for example against any male pro-tennis player any day...

No problem with women in motorsport but there is no rule against them competing in any other division so this this opposite of equality since only one gender can compete here. If a woman is fast a team would hire her end of.

I totally agree with everything you said, they should hire her if she's fast...the question is, would they hire her? I think it depends on who's in charge.

I also think there are some traditional sports (tennis comes to mind) where a few really extraordinary women I believe can give the men serious competition. I'd pit Serena Williams for example against any male pro-tennis player any day...

This happened already. Serena was challenged by a guy outside the Men's Top 200 ranking and she got completely destroyed. The guy then admitted he was a bit drunk and wasn't even taking it seriously, just that the women were completely unable to hit any shot with a bit of spin on it.

https://www.theguardian.com/observer/osm/story/0,,543962,00.html

Back in the 90s here in argentina we used to have a ladies cup (Copa Damas) racing series sharing weekend with the Touring Cars bigbois. Ahhh this bring me some memories...

I think this is contraproductive. They all want women in racecars, in F1, in WEC, wherever. And then they do an extra series for women. I don't get it. But nevertheless, maybe it'll help women to ge further than karting or maybe F4. Btw I forgot to mention that the cars looks very cool :p

quite amazing how few actually bothered to read the full text. isn't this series meant to level the playing field and hence a step in the right direction? most sports are gender separated and for good reason. the dearth of really competitive female racers at the very top level (minus michelle mouton, of course) should be enough stimulus to try a separate way: divide and then see of that produces a truly competitive racer who might go on to LeMans or Monaco glory: makes total sense to me. It may be frustrating to the male competitor who does not get the funding etc. but then again, 98% of all funding in motorsports goes to male drivers, so for the truly passionate there should be some left. Just hoping there are actually enough talented female racers at formula three level out there, seems like most women atm are simply not overly interested in this sport (which is not seen as a sport by many, btw, ever noticed we are not olympic? - but that is another debate completely, sry).

Poor fragile women don't need the Formula Women, they are quite happy to take on the men. I think FW is good-hearted, but deeply misguided, that is all.

Motorsport will change, like everything in time. If my little girl is challenging for the F1 title, you won't hear any complaints. She's a ****ing demon perfectionist too. She's will in it before Mick Schumacher. If I can steer her away from that entreprenuer billionaire Ryan (unlikely).

Live and let live. Worry about your own ****.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.