Formula W: A New Series for Female Racers Announced.

View attachment 273554

Totally agree. Some of the posts in this thread could have been posted in the 1950s. Some parts of society have no wish to progress their thinking and their way of life at all. Thankfully I don't live in those societies and I never will. If my daughter wants to become a professional race driver and is good enough to be one, she will be one.

From the 1950's (from the wikipedia article https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_female_Formula_One_drivers):
The involvement of women in Formula One was pioneered by Italian Maria Teresa de Filippis who entered five races in the 1958 and 1959 seasons[2] and started three[2]scoring a best result of tenth position in the 1958 Belgian Grand Prix.[3][4] In the following race in France, the race director denied her involvement, saying that "the only helmet that a woman should use is the hairdresser".[5][6] Maria ended her career at the Monaco Grand Prix the following year.

From 2018:

Proof that the more things change, the more they remain the same...we as real men, have to stop being such sexist morons, put yourselves in the others' shoes and point out whenever such ridiculous behavior is being displayed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Heck, we can't even agree as a planet to give women 100% equal pay for equal work...yet somehow I must believe all the pieces are there for a woman to make her way up the ranks in Formula 1 without any roadblocks due to gender discrimination? Come on.
You know when using this data correctly separating by age and profession women are making 8%~11% more money than man in the same age/profession right?

Yes, because racing against only female drivers is more inclusive...stop this SJW bs pls!

It is okay to promote more female drivers but segregation solves nothing!

Last edited:
You know when using this data correctly separating by age and profession women are making 8%~11% more money than man in the same age/profession right?

I would like to see links to studies showing such numbers. I can only speak for what I have seen firsthand.

My wife and I were both teachers in the same school, teaching elective subjects. Both of us are the same age, working the same hours. She was paid less. There is truth to the gender gap, if you want to see it (not saying you don't, but they're always those who shout conspiracy theory whenever something threatens their dominance).

I would like to see links to studies showing such numbers. I can only speak for what I have seen firsthand.

My wife and I were both teachers in the same school, teaching elective subjects. Both of us are the same age, working the same hours. She was paid less. There is truth to the gender gap, if you want to see it (not saying you don't, but they're always those who shout conspiracy theory whenever something threatens their dominance).
I've read this a few times honestly look for it on Google
Where do you live tho? Here in Brazil all leftist propaganda went full force on this... then a judge that deal with labour lawsuits said that in 20 years of working on it she (yep.. a woman) never saw a case about it, many other judges that deal with it said the same thing, for same company+age+time in service (in the same company) there is no different salaries, here in Brazil at least, the law does not allow it. But these activists like to manipulate these things so honestly I never take them serious, I refuse to be a sheep

Btw one edit here @johndough247 were you and your wife in the same posision in that school? Some companies create classes to reward people in a more fair way, ie getting into the company in level A1, you do something good and they give you a A2, you are not in the same position anymore, thus comparing sallaries become irrelevant.

Last edited:
Hopefully they change the winner’s champagne procedure, giving the fans better access!

giphy.gif

In all seriousness, a woman’s only series will significantly speed up interest and driver development.

Similar example? MMA is a very masculine dominated sport, but comparing the quality of talent in women’s divisions now to before UFC expanded to include women... well it’s night and day.

I honestly don't understand this " women's only " class. In all forms of racing that I can think of....there has never been an " All men's class ".........why the special treatment. Women can race both classes and men can only race one?

Reminds me of a 100 year old club here in the united states that just got ruined a short time ago , exactly the same way. The Boy scout's. Feminist's said it was a sexist group , but left the girl scout's alone. Now girl's can join the boy scout's , but boy's aren't allowed in girl scout's.

So I guess in racing.........if you can't make it through on your own merit in a racing series , just start your own. But make it so you can compete in both if you're a woman , but if you're a man? NOPE!

Kinda sounds like bullshit to me. But it's the way thing's are heading.

Oh yeah , one more thing.

You want a separate women's class? Fine....race that class. Make the other one " Men's class only ". Would be fair right? Let the woman's class thrive on their own.

FWIW......this is going to flop badly. Whoever the investor's are in this , you might as well just take your wallet out and set it on fire. Nobody will be interested in watching it.

Also, and I know a lot of people are gonna feel uncomfortable when I say this, but that's okay because it's documented history...

There were "studies" back in the day to justify the enslavement of Africans like myself...claiming we have "inferior brain capacity" compared to the white man. There are some people in the world that still hold firm to this antiquated belief. Lots of studies have agendas behind them; some good, others...not so much.

All I ask is that people step outside their comfort zone and listen to what people are trying to tell you their experience is...too many are quick to make these things a political/religious issue, when at our core, we are all human beings. Just stop, look and listen.

Danica Patrick, Michèle Mouton, Katherine Legge, Christina Nielsen, Sophia Floersch, Michelle Halder, Carrie Schreiner, Lilou Wadoux, Simona de Silvestro and Flick Haigh won't be happy about that. Garbage series.

Even if you add Lella Lombardi and Louise Aitkin Walker, that is still not a very long list for the past 45 years.

Like other sports (e.g. football and cycling), if by having a female only competition it increases the awareness of and participation of women in motor racing, then surely that is a good thing. And hopefully it will result in a longer list of women competing in major competitions in the next 45 years.

She was paid less. There is truth to the gender gap, if you want to see it (not saying you don't, but they're always those who shout conspiracy theory whenever something threatens their dominance).

In (most) western countries its illegal to discriminate against gender. If it were not the case then why were you hired? The school could have easily replaced you with a cheaper option. If we could look closely at the details of how each of you were paid, no doubt we would see the difference in rates. Broadly stating that you both worked at the same place but I got more because... does not then prove the gender pay gap.

You have a weak position when you lean on the old "conspiracy theory" escape hatch to end the argument.

I get the sexism argument, but this could be an effective way of exposing racing to young girls and inspiring the next generation to get more interested and involved in motor sport. It worked in MMA, just 10 years ago you had only a select few women competing, now you can tune in just about every weekend to see girls kicking the **** out of each other, it's fantastic!

Like other sports (e.g. football and cycling), if by having a female only competition it increases the awareness of and participation of women in motor racing, then surely that is a good thing. And hopefully it will result in a longer list of women competing in major competitions in the next 45 years.

What if women just don't like auto racing though? You don't see a push for more men to become makeup artists. Why are we trying to force people to like something outside their comfort zone when the doors have been open to them for 50 years and they still just largely don't care? This isn't going to change anything.

Wouldn't be better to have a 3rd car for some teams, in lower formulas, or just few dedicated teams with female drivers only, to give a place to female drivers? It's the only way to find competitive drivers, regardless the sex.

Michela Cerruti rules! :inlove::D
tcr-estoril-2016-michela-cerruti-mulsanne-racing.jpg

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back