Formula W: A New Series for Female Racers Announced.

I'd also like to guess that every single female in motorsport has had the full support of fathers, brothers, uncles and grandfathers. Hell I think most blokes would love it if their daughters were into motorsports rather than other more traditionally female interests. Just because "some" men are total plonkers doesn't mean "all" men are. Strange how we're told not to blame "all" of a certain type because of the actions of a few....yet it's fine to slag off all men.

I think you'll find that the type of man who get's to a position of authority of others is 90% likely to be a dickwad. There's women like that just look at Thatcher.

Then you get the "well meaning" lefty types who ironically come up with crap like this and manage to piss off both sides. I wish someone would just tell them to shut up.

I don't discuss with creeps who:
A) refer to women as "females"
Seriously? What the hell as that got to do with anything? It's the all encompassing word in the English dictionary for the opposite sex to males, it's not age specific so we don't have to type "women/girls".

Or are you someone who wants to erase all gender specific wording.

Does Jamie Chadwick want her cake and eat it too? Happy to race in a no-male series, but also to take up a seat in the open-gender series? :unsure:

It hardly seems fair on young male drivers who could potentially miss out on a drive at the expense of a female driver who has already been given a seat in another series through preferential treatment.

Will this lead to full segregation, with a female-only series and a male-only series?

I’m not sure how to I interpret this. Women already compete in a lot of top tier motorsport so I don’t understand the need for a women only category.

Seems like discrimination, or an entrenched belief that women can’t compete alongside men which are both wrong.

We have female fighter pilots for Pete sake. If they can handle a multi million pound fighter jet they’re more than capable of handling a poxy car.

The best drivers I know are women. They’re not so hot headed, listen to instruction, and for the most part don’t have a huge ego.

The hype and inevtible subsequent failure of this series (if it comes to be) will ensure that women will forever be put off getting into this sport.
Don't know thiw will be a failure but this serie keep more out women from real motorsport, because nobady, only women can drive in it. In F1, WRC, Indy, Nascar, many other series nobady says- this is for men only. Someone write, it have make sens like special MMA or Boks categories for woman. No...Or, You want to watch womens fight in Heavy weight, which means...100kg +...Is anyone who will watch this? NO! Is anyone who will watch special womans racing...So, You have right :)

This is massively sexist. "Lets stick women in a small pink and purple pretty little car that's not really that powerful."

Also does a massive disservice to the ones who made it by competing with the men. Chadwick, Wolff, Legge, Patrick, Lombardi...

Simona de Silvestro is a regular division 1 driver for Nissan in the Supercar series and does a better job than many of the male drivers. IIRC she finished the Bathurst 1000 in around P12-P14, roughly mid field after the fastest 1000K run at The Mountain.
Impressive aboard a less than impressive car.

The simple fact motor sport is not misogynistic and equal to all sexes, if a woman was as good as a man all of the major F1 teams would jump at the chance of promoting a woman driver.

Disappointing, what with all the SJW telling me that woman are just as good as men.
I suspect Formula W will be shoehorned before a major race

However just like woman's football no one will be interested in watching.

I think they are applying the same reasons as in tennis. It's understandable why both have their own classes there. Some types of sports could have both of them participating while other types cannot such as tennis. I don't think it's personal or offensive, that's just how things are generally. I also read once someone stating if it's sports car it's fine but if it's lighter cars like open wheels it should be separated.

If one can't successfully compete against the most diverse group of drivers possible at a certain level it's not so much a matter of the playing field not being level as it is the driver in question not being talented enough. They can then either accept their role as a backmarker or compete at a lower level, hopefully with more success, against an equally diverse lineup. A gender-exclusive series is not the answer.

Now, if someone gets her big break after doing well in FW, then good for her; for the series' sake I hope that will happen.

If motor racing was only a question of talent, Lance Stroll would have been out of F1 after one season and Ocon would still be a Force India driver. My comment about the playing field not being equal is based on the fact that women are still seen as inferior drivers (and probably inferior in many other ways) by a lot of men involved in racing. Sometimes, there has to be a radical move to shake things up. This could be it. We'll see. What I find irritating is the immediate, knee-jerk reaction by many on this board the minute an audacious idea is announced.

If motor racing was only a question of talent, Lance Stroll would have been out of F1 after one season and Ocon would still be a Force India driver. My comment about the playing field not being equal is based on the fact that women are still seen as inferior drivers (and probably inferior in many other ways) by a lot of men involved in racing. Sometimes, there has to be a radical move to shake things up. This could be it. We'll see. What I find irritating is the immediate, knee-jerk reaction by many on this board the minute an audacious idea is announced.

Woman are inferior as in all sports. Even motorsport req

1. If a female racing series with cars that are not comparable to other cars driven by male drivers can be promoted well and get a lot of attention, and racing daddies would sit down and watch the series with their daughters ...and let's further say one female driver dominates the field and gets a Senna'esque legend surrounding her on a small scale... Can't you guys see the potential in this?
2. If you're saying they can't compete with guys even though there are no physical differences limiting their abilities in this sport, think again. Because a) sports where a womens' team is clearly inferior to a mens' team, still can be super entertaining (for example, I love to watch woman soccer, our German women national team rocks, yet they were beaten by a male club's junior team almost in the 2 digit space) and b) maybe they can't compete because too few are trying because of how shltty male focused this boys club sport is. How many series still have grid girls and how many racers still say things like "that's a proper men's car, nothing for sissies, you need some big balls to drive that" and what not. The whole car culture dissuades girls from being interested, maybe with the exception if they grew up among guys anyway and are used to being accepted into their culture and have a compatible attitude.

I say this women-only series is worth a shot, but, honestly, the attempt seems a bit lukewarm. If this doesn't get picked up by good TV channels with good commentators and racing daddies will never know about this, then the whole thing is completely pointless in my eyes.

Male female who cares? People saying this is sexist probably don't know the reasoning behind it and are just trapped in the dumb politics of the day. They wouldn't do it if it wasn't a benefit! Last I checked Women are welcome in all or most forms of racing but a very small percentage of women have an interest in Racing for obvious reasons if you read some biology. Look at Nascar... people always say they're just rednecks and relate the fans to racists and bigots but I seem to recall a woman called Danica being a very popular driver or am I wrong?

I am deadly serious. Don't you understand the difference? This is a separate series for women only? In what way possible is that left-wing? When is liberalism ever about separation?

Answer: never.

If it was 'there must be three female drivers in F1', that would be diversity.

I am staggered you don't understand that.

Conservatives Don't care about the sexes. That's just left wing propaganda designed to stir up conflict. I'm conservative and nobody conservative I know has any issue with Women racers. Only if they are given priority do I have a problem because that's dumb.

My wife is the Head Teacher of our local primary school. Out of a total staff of around 40 people, one teaching assistant is male. No teachers, no cleaners, no admin staff... Now, is that because my wife is sexist and only employs females? Or is it because the vast majority of males have no interest in working with children?

So, are there very few women in motorsport because they are discriminated against, or because the vast majority have no interest in it?

Should we start a new school where only men can be teachers? (just to give those poor blokes a chance to excel).
The vast majority of males have no intrest anymore for such a hard and low payed job.
It used to be more male teachers, till they start paying less and less.
Now they can find an easier much better paying job instead.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back