AC Formula Thursdays -February 15th

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

Shed 17

Staff
Premium
Welcome to the RD Racing Club.
Are you short of time, don’t have all week to practice and set up difficult cars?

Well, we have something ‘Radical’ for this coming Thursday 15th as we go fast and furious around a short track you should know well, with practice, qualifying and TWO races all completed in approximately an hour all in. So you still have time to have a race with like minded people and do other things with your day too!

Especially the new and inexperienced drivers are recommended to participate. There are a lot of learning opportunities amongst a friendly community, without the intensity and stress of longer races.

The car is the Radical SR3 XXR.

Screenshot_urd_radical_sr3xxr_2023_ks_silverstone_7-1-124-11-40-2.jpg

Straight out of the box and with the stock set up this is a great drivers car and it will get you around here with very little effort. However, for those who like to extract the maximum performance then there are multiple set up options available as well as some nice skins.

The track is the Kunos Silverstone National Circuit.

Only four real corners to learn and three of them are right-handers!

1707391313973.png

SITUATIONAL AWARENESS is essential for clean and respectful driving in our community. You should therefore use tools like Helicorsa or CarRadar and CrewChief. The links for these apps are on the bottom of this post.

DISCORD. It's important that you also join us during the event on Discord for additional information and instructions. Link is below.

Go to Formula Thursday using the Emperor account you have been given and register with your steamID.

If you don't have an Emperor account yet, ask for one by posting in this thread (only for premium members).

Server information:

• Server: Racedepartment Server 6 Password: standard weekday password, if you don't know that, ask for it in this thread and it will be send in a PM.
  • 20:00 CET, 19:00 GMT (19:00 UTC) | 15 minutes - Official Practice
  • 20:15 CET, 19:15 GMT (19:15 UTC) | 10 minutes - Qualification
  • 20:25 CET, 19.25GMT (19:25 UTC) | 15 minutes - Race 1
  • 20.40 CET, 19.40 GMT (19.40 UTC) 15 minutes -Race 2 (Reverse grid top7)
  • Practice server available during the week. Usual weekday password.
Event details:

• Car: Radical SR3 XXR
  • Skins: (You will need to load all in this zip file to see other drivers liveries)
  • Track: Silverstone National (Kunos)
  • Pit stop: not mandatory
  • Tyre blankets: Yes
  • Track Road temperature: 25 Celsius
  • Track grip: 100%
  • Track limits: No more than 2 wheels over the white/yellow line without a lift of the gas please. You will be penalized if you break this rule.
  • Damage: 10%
  • Fuel Consumption: 100%
  • Tyre wear: 100%
Useful Links:

Entry list:

Hi all,
As well as the F3 Championship, I hope to be able to run some 'one off 'events like this alongside Han's events.
I have some ideas for formula cars (more modern as Colin is doing the classics) as well as some tin top racing with Touring cars of the modern era.
As Han has said in other threads, get signed up early please so we can gauge interest for other events too.
See you on track.

I fully understand Steve, I have one the same, we only ever seem to go out to visit gardens, I'm only interested what the cafe is like!:D
Are you doing the F3 starting 29th?

Have a happy Birthday!

Last edited:
love the radical on ac but the track in my opinion is too short i would suggest something like bannochbrae but im not the guy in charge but if somehow others would love idea it is a beautiful track

love the radical on ac but the track in my opinion is too short i would suggest something like bannochbrae but im not the guy in charge but if somehow others would love idea it is a beautiful track
Hi Fulvio,

I always appreciate your feedback and Bannochbrae is indeed a great road circuit to drive. I'm not sure if it is allowed here on RD but the idea behind the circuit for this week's race was that it is easy to learn, the races are short and the combination would hopefully attract more entries.

Last Thursday, Han set up a race at Spa with BMW road cars but had to cancel as with only a few hours to go there were only two entries.............. Han and me! So far, for this Thursday we only have five, hardly enough to have an interesting race but hopefully some more will enter soon to make it worthwhile.

I'm hosting the F3 on Thursdays before the F1 and that had created quite a bit of interest, but having just started hosting, I can tell you that it takes quite a lot of time and effort to research and set up a race meeting. Dominic was trying something different on Fridays but has thrown in the towel due to lack of interest.

If we can create interest on Thursdays ( and we know people have other things to do and can't always dedicate time to race everyday) then we can have some great events like you have suggested. I know Han has some great ideas and I have some ideas that include other Formula cars and Touring car races on longer tracks. I liked your suggestion of Radicals around Macau as I think it's a super little car and gives a real racy feel but how many others would think the same?

It's always going to be hit and miss trying to come up with events that attract people. We have Colin on Tuesday with classic combinations, Han with the RWD vs FWD multi-class on Wednesday and Brian with GT's/ BTCC Super Tourers on Sunday, and now Han and myself on Thursday, but as Han has requested before, the more people who sign in early, the more are attracted.
So lets see if we can get a following on Thursdays and suggestions for cars/tracks are always welcome.

Last edited:
I'd echo what Paul is saying about the time and effort it takes to find combo's to attract drivers. It disappointing and a bit demoralising when you think you've found a killer combo - only to get a small grid. It's also frustrating when you get very little feedback about what people actually want to drive. So help us out and let us know what you want.

On a positive note, Tuesdays race is shaping up to be a slightly larger grid so maybe the Alfa could become popular. There are certainly lots of well matched circuits we can run it on :)

Guys, thanks a lot for all the effort you put into this! I can imagine that its not allways easy to bring up events with a large grid.

Unfortunately it’s not possible for me to join more than one race a week besides job and family. I can tell you, I would love to race each and every day ;)

The GT races are such a great thing for me and it’s challenging to learn all the new tracks and be competitive in such a close grid of fast drivers.
Maybe less is sometimes more - what I mean is possibly reducing the number of events during the week could help to establish one or two bigger events besides the sundays? Just my thoughts on this…

Regarding ideas and feedback: I would vote for a porsche cup. And I also liked the surprise event where nobody knows whats coming up, so no practise at all.

but as I said… not enough spare time to race twice a week :redface:

Another thought: maybe using well known tracks (spa, imola, monza, laguna seca, redbull ring,…) and (kunos) cars could also help finding participants.
Only speaking for myself, if I would join a race spontaneously, I would go for a kombo I already know

Last edited:
I love racing the Radical so will be there on Thursday. It's just the right level of complexity for me (ie. pretty basic). Personally, I like the small circuit and short distance races as it makes it faster to get up to speed. I've about caught up to the others with 90mins of practice this evening.

Croft is another good track for future Radical racing.

Thanks for putting this on Paul :thumbsup:

Thanks Dave, I chose the National circuit for those very reasons and a short circuit should keep most of the field together to make it interesting.
Don't get me wrong, I love the longer circuits too, but the field can soon get spread out and we will see those with the Fat Alfie championships so Thursday is something different.
Croft in the Radical duly noted.:thumbsup:

Agree with *most of that - the Radical needs to stretch its legs more than a few corners (imo), something like old like the Mini Cooper S, or the new(ish) Mini Challenge would give close racing - Formula Ford, Clio's and other low powered cars (leaving out Skippy:roflmao:) for such a short track.

*Bannochbrae, like most fictional tracks, take too much learning for a one-off race. Forums are full of the 'same old' Spa, Silverstone, Monza etc, all done to death - there's so many superb irl tracks that we rarely see here:(

Apologies if my wording offends, don't mean it to be:) - keeping a full-ish grid and regular drivers isn't easy.

Edit: Sorry, I meant to say it was Colin's comment above that prompted my post, eek:p
"It's also frustrating when you get very little feedback about what people actually want to drive. So help us out and let us know what you want."

Last edited:
Personaly, i think Paul has nailed it with the Radical and could quite easily use it for a series of races. One needs to look no further for a good modern allround easy car to drive. As long as there is a good and interesting track selection then i think poeple will come back for more. Even possible, (although some do not like a fixed setup) but i know some find it hard and see the race won or lost on what they do to the car. Would make an even playing field for sure. It might attract more drivers also. Just a thought as after a couple of updates it is now quite good out of the box

Morning Steve, I had been thinking along the same lines, In my opinion the car works well with the stock set up and lends itself to maybe a short championship.

What do others think? Would you be interested? We are limited on days of the week though so it's Thursdays when there is no F3 or when Han hasn't got something on but I'm happy to set something up if there is enough interest.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.