AC Formula Thursdays -February 15th

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Well that was amazing! New car, new track for me. No practice, no enough time for tuning the setup. First race I spun at the start and was last but with some very nice battles I managed 4th in the end. Second race a car in front of me blocked my path so last again and managed to finish 3rd with again some nice battles and a very intense one with Fulvio.

I think the 2x25 format is the best for this car.

This car is great and I'm looking forward to have more races with it.
Personally I wouldn't mind if we switch it with the RSS F3 for the coming championship.

That car and track combo was a great one ! :inlove: I'd been enjoying practicing in the week but in the race it worked even better.

I may have benefitted from some confusion over the start time but the first race was my best ever result in simracing, so I was very pleased with that. There was no way I could hold Fulvio but was able to control the gap to Jason. for second. It's so much easier starting from the front - who knew?!

Second race had a good start from mid pack and the racing for third was great wheel to wheel stuff with the tow playing a massive part. Good defending by @KDiesel - a shame it went wrong but it was fun while it lasted going 4 wide into T1.

Thanks for organising @Shed 17 :thumbsup:

Thanks to all for joining tonight, I was a bit concerned when there were only five entries earlier this week but really nice to see so many of you enter, and also Mikko joining just before the start. Welcome Mikko and thanks Colin for educating me on how to get Mikko in quickly. I even persuaded my son George to enter, he normally drives on WSS in similar short format races that suit his lifestyle.

I did post the start times in a number of threads but I guess we are creatures of habit and it caught a few people out but the idea was a short format with an early evening finish for a change, but this was an experiment and something to look at in the future.

It was interesting to see some drivers really getting the hang of the car and get good results, Dave was really flying and well on the pace and Han had two great results with no time at all in the car.

Did anyone notice that the start lights were missing in race 2? Or was it that I so so far at the back I couldn’t see them!:roflmao:

From the comments above and during the event it seems that most people enjoyed the car and the close racing, so I would be happy to do something again with this car, with a few tweaks from the learnings tonight.

Last edited:
Morning Steve, I had been thinking along the same lines, In my opinion the car works well with the stock set up and lends itself to maybe a short championship.

What do others think? Would you be interested? We are limited on days of the week though so it's Thursdays when there is no F3 or when Han hasn't got something on but I'm happy to set something up if there is enough interest.
Would definitely be interested, especially if we go with fixed setup :)
Just can't promise to do it every race, as I mentioned before, Thu (actually any week day during the day time in West Coast US) this year will be tough for me.

I was looking forward to this but i got the times wrong. My own fault for not reading the post properly.
When i arrived, the first race was just ending and i could see how close it was as everyone came home within a couple of seconds.
Now, that does not happen very often and it is always the goal to get close racing for EVERYONE. Well done Paul, you nailed it mate.
So i started race 2 with no prep other than a few days before when i was doing 55s so was looking forward to some close racing if i could stay on track. You guys helped me with tyres and fuel load so all i had to do was drive. The whole field was doing 55,s and 56,s so it was very close. I did not get into 55,s myself but had some great racing, mostly with Colin where we paced very similar ebbing and flowing back and fore all the way to the end. The front of the field were never more than a few hundred meters away.
Damn good fun guys and want to do it again soon. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Well that was amazing! New car, new track for me. No practice, no enough time for tuning the setup. First race I spun at the start and was last but with some very nice battles I managed 4th in the end. Second race a car in front of me blocked my path so last again and managed to finish 3rd with again some nice battles and a very intense one with Fulvio.

I think the 2x25 format is the best for this car.

This car is great and I'm looking forward to have more races with it.
Personally I wouldn't mind if we switch it with the RSS F3 for the coming championship.
This car worked great on the short track. It might be a bit too slow to run on F1 tracks.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.