Cars Formula RSS2 2018 V6 by Race Sim Studio

Congrats guys, enjoying this way more than i should! I think its my favourite open wheeler so far, physics just feel perfect.

It just does everything you expect it to, and when you make a mistake you know about it!

Thats my best effort in it at Monza, definitely had my try hard face on that lap.

I'm having real trouble getting the power down on corner exit, that damn turbo. In terms of looks and driving, I liked the old GP2 better, and I'm talking about the car here, no the mod. A naturally aspirated V8 trumps a V6 Turbo any time.

The mod itself is brilliant. It's a learning experience for me, and I like that, although it frustrated the crap out of me the two hours I just drove it around the Red Bull Ring. I've only managed a 1:18:104 so far, but I guess there is another second to be found in the setup and 2-3 seconds in my right foot :) I already have that itch to go back and try again. Has anybody already set a time on RBR? I'd appreciate a reference point.

RSS have set an incredibly high quality standard when they released their first mod back in the day (2017?) but somehow manage to still get better with every release. I can't wait to see what the future will bring.

I'm having real trouble getting the power down on corner exit, that damn turbo. In terms of looks and driving, I liked the old GP2 better, and I'm talking about the car here, no the mod. A naturally aspirated V8 trumps a V6 Turbo any time.

The mod itself is brilliant. It's a learning experience for me, and I like that, although it frustrated the crap out of me the two hours I just drove it around the Red Bull Ring. I've only managed a 1:18:104 so far, but I guess there is another second to be found in the setup and 2-3 seconds in my right foot :) I already have that itch to go back and try again. Has anybody already set a time on RBR? I'd appreciate a reference point.

RSS have set an incredibly high quality standard when they released their first mod back in the day (2017?) but somehow manage to still get better with every release. I can't wait to see what the future will bring.

Just did a quick 3-lap stint with the base setup (changed nothing) and managed a 1:15.9, there's much for time to find after doing a bit of setup work and just more laps in general.

My best advice is just keep driving and driving and the times will improve automatically!

Track Grip was on optimum and air temperature was 25c.

Superb mod ! I agree the quality just keeps getting better. The handling is just amazing. The feedback you get is so subtle it is absolutely a blast to drive !

If anyone is running a league with this one, be sure to send me a PM !

Guys quick update from Monza, as I stated before the sound does not match the exact real one, the mod one is a bit too aggressive, and it lacks the whisper. Basically all you hear in real life is a whisper when the car approaches and in braking, then V6 sound. I’ll post some videos when possible if it helps

Excellent car! I've been enjoying turning laps and doing AI races, there's definitely a learning curve involved as the car seems to spin easily (especially when the turbo spools) but once I made some setup changes the car felt a lot more planted and I started getting into a nice flow.

The force feedback is amazing as always, and the sound is excellent! Love the mechanical sounding shifting and the deep but refined tone of the V6 turbo.

Thanks again RSS for the amazing mod, I appreciate the amount of time and effort that has gone into it.

Getting there. A couple more bits on Maini and then the main logos for Lorandi need to be done in 3D.
Showroom_rss_formula_rss_2_v6_3-8-2018-13-44-43.jpg

As nice as it would be to complete the grid, I think I'll have had enough after this one. These 2 will mean I've made 32 skins for this car! :confused:

Great job @bastoner97 on the helmets so far!

Did a full sprint race distance at Monza at the weekend with the 16 cars available so far (including these 2 wip Trident)...

:D

These are some clips of the F2 cars in Monza, sound is 100% what you hear in RL, I know that these aren't the best clips for the creation of a sound, but maybe this video can help, at least I hope it will! :D

I just found an huge bug with SS tyres
While T° rises up, the graph shows this:
20180903200758_1.jpg

And I feel that overheated SS are much more stable than overheated S
I wonder what's wrong with physics

You guys really need to contact Codemasters and show them this awesome work!!!! You basically did the work for them already. I see no reason why they wouldn't hire you to do an add-on F2 pack for F1 2019.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back