Cars Formula RSS2 2018 V6 by Race Sim Studio

__custom_showroom_1535145212.jpg

Well dont know how I managed to finish this car,
most detailed car I ever made, highest geometry and parts, 351,000 tri,
but with 8X LOD which took me 8 days so far alone, twice as many as official content,
I would say its the highest detailed car ever produced for AC with the best performance which is second to none, the LOD ingame are seamless.
e441f14251e40d39320d235126371de8.png

My last skin for this car completed - thankfully just a copy of Ghiotto with some sponsors removed and 2 new ones added. That's 30 liveries I've made for this one so don't feel inclined to do any more! :p
Just need to add the fluorescent yellow to the T-Cams on the real liveries.
Showroom_rss_formula_rss_2_v6_27-7-2018-8-31-5.jpg

People are spreading rumors again here about a release today,
not sure how true they are but you know how these people talk. :p:D

Well dont know how I managed to finish this car,
most detailed car I ever made, highest geometry and parts, 351,000 tri,
but with 8X LOD which took me 8 days so far alone, twice as many as official content,
I would say its the highest detailed car ever produced for AC with the best performance which is second to none, the LOD ingame are seamless.
e441f14251e40d39320d235126371de8.png
giphy.gif

stop for a moment and think about WHY Kunos chose the number of LODs it uses. I mean I am no programmer but all I see is more files to swap between and more polygons to store somewhere in RAM while the game is running, no matter whats on screen. You may lessen the load on the GPU with this ...slightly, but a field of 20 cars with 8 LODs each .. is that 160 models the CPU has to keep in order now? And AC is already very CPU taxing.

I know you have been posting benchmarks before on this topic, but those are just for your system. Other like me with weaker CPUs want to reduce its load as much as possible.

also did a quick google on how other engines handle this, and Unity, UE4 tutorials and other seem to cap it at 3 stages mostly, or just one high and one low

Just to prepare for when this thing is released I'm doing a few updates on some of my own stuff...

Real liveries packed and ready to go whenever the car is released :whistling:
1.JPG

2K and 4K.of course. I've not done suits/helmets/gloves because I just don't have the time to be honest and you can't see most of this stuff on the replays anyway with the halo there. If someone wants to make the helmets and either release separately or I'd be happy to include them in an update.

All sponsors layouts based on Silverstone/Hungary/Spa races. There may be some graphics missing from the inside of the halos but I've not seen enough on-boards to do them.

:D

My Pirelli tyre pack for the hybrid works without issues on this car and also my Windows app for changing the tire colours/textures does too (the app will be updated soon).
Tire pack: https://www.racedepartment.com/down...mula-hybrid-formula-2-v6-2018-1k-2k-4k.20507/
Windows App: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/tire-colour-picker-2-0.16457/

Just to prepare for when this thing is released I'm doing a few updates on some of my own stuff...

Real liveries packed and ready to go whenever the car is released :whistling:
View attachment 266742

2K and 4K.of course. I've not done suits/helmets/gloves because I just don't have the time to be honest and you can't see most of this stuff on the replays anyway with the halo there. If someone wants to make the helmets and either release separately or I'd be happy to include them in an update.

All sponsors layouts based on Silverstone/Hungary/Spa races. There may be some graphics missing from the inside of the halos but I've not seen enough on-boards to do them.

:D

My Pirelli tyre pack for the hybrid works without issues on this car and also my Windows app for changing the tire colours/textures does too (the app will be updated soon).
Tire pack: https://www.racedepartment.com/down...mula-hybrid-formula-2-v6-2018-1k-2k-4k.20507/
Windows App: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/tire-colour-picker-2-0.16457/

Windows app now updated: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/tire-colour-picker-2-0.16457/update?update=40820

:)

giphy.gif

stop for a moment and think about WHY Kunos chose the number of LODs it uses. I mean I am no programmer but all I see is more files to swap between and more polygons to store somewhere in RAM while the game is running, no matter whats on screen. You may lessen the load on the GPU with this ...slightly, but a field of 20 cars with 8 LODs each .. is that 160 models the CPU has to keep in order now? And AC is already very CPU taxing.

I know you have been posting benchmarks before on this topic, but those are just for your system. Other like me with weaker CPUs want to reduce its load as much as possible.

also did a quick google on how other engines handle this, and Unity, UE4 tutorials and other seem to cap it at 3 stages mostly, or just one high and one low
Seems fine on my PC but I have 64gb ddr4 memory,
its not just the case of Kunos using only 4 LOD,
its much more MB in the files,
so even running for example 2-3 more LOD, that is around an extra 10-15mb each car,
X that by what 180 cars ?
your pushing an extra 2.5gb on the actually total size of the game,
thats one of the main reasons and why RF2 uses over 20 LOD because its PC based only and no need for limitations of storage on a 25GB disc space which most consoles use,
either way we down to 7 LOD now and it runs better than the 2018 Hybrid in which everyone said its the best performing car inside AC and its much better than that.

Very nice car mr CC, thanks! Running smart mirrors and VR and the left mirror isn't at the same angle as the right therefore seeing more of the side of your own car instead of the road/cars behind.

Last edited:

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 25 23.6%
  • More leagues

Votes: 22 20.8%
  • Prizes

Votes: 20 18.9%
  • Trophies

Votes: 10 9.4%
  • Forum trophies