Cars Formula RSS2 2018 V6 by Race Sim Studio

My skin pack is out now: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/skin-pack-for-rss-formula-2-v6-2018-5-teams-4k-2k.22968/

43540801664_4b2ba65853_o.jpg

Enjoy!

Sound and modeling attention to detail are second to none. I'm so impressed at the quality of content that RSS continues to provide.

The only area for improvement would be in the FFB for me. The open wheel cars, both V8 and V6 feel very skittish and never really dig into the pavement like the GT1 cars do. The V6 is better, but it never really feels planted to me. I'll keep playing with settings, maybe i just need to fiddle with the wheel.

Amazing quality again, thank you very much! GP2/F2 has been my favorite single seater category since 2005, I really appreciate that I can drive these beasts in AC!

Also, thanks for the skin pack, it definitely enhances the immersion!

Very, very impressed with this car. So far I think it's my favourite open wheeler I've driven in AC. The attention to detail in RSS cars never fails to amaze me. Absolutely worth the money.

Quick first look for those wanting to see the car in action, featuring @davewilliams000 lovely Lando Norris skin.

Could we get some more information on the sounds, especially the external sounds?
The onboard sound is pretty much spot on but the external ones actually sound a lot different if compared to the real car (I've heard the car live at Spa).
It actually sounds like one of the RSS GT cars from the TV cams, the real car sounds really muffled in comparison to that, like in these video here:

Here's also a clip I took from the Saturday F2 race.
https://photos.google.com/share/AF1...?key=SmR4c1hPUGJUQmRWOVNaYTJfRDAtSDBWcWFhM2FB

I guess there just wasn't enough sound material available to properly replicate the external sounds...?

Anything else about this car is outstanding, great job by the team!

Last edited:
Just had my first laps racing around Chang circuit. Very satisfying car to drive. Not heaps of warning when you overcook it on the default setup, but I look forward to learning its limits in more detail during some online races hopefully. Thanks for all your hard work!

Attention to detail is supreme here, yes. But I have to report that I am a little bit concerned about the angle of the seatbelt between the legs. In VR for me it looks like it could pose a major reproductive risk to any would be fathers.

Aside from the "right mirror being wrong" issue people already posted, i haven't seen any issue neither.

I love the sounds. Just love love love. The treble but not ear bleeding sound and very convincing mechanical shifting. Brilliant.

Also, i love how braking on this car is a huge gamble. If you don't brake hard enough, you get a massive understeer. If you brake too hard, you get mid turn oversteer and a very unstable rear end. It's all about finding the sweetspot in between. That's where the optimal turn in is.

3hrs work this afternoon making and applying sponsors in 3D and another 1/2 hr tonight...
Showroom_rss_formula_rss_2_v6_28-7-2018-22-29-36.jpg
Showroom_rss_formula_rss_2_v6_28-7-2018-22-29-54.jpg
Showroom_rss_formula_rss_2_v6_28-7-2018-22-30-15.jpg

just the sponsors on the lower sidepods and driver names/flags/numbers to do and the trident logo underneath the tv cam

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 18 25.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 17 23.6%
  • Prizes

Votes: 15 20.8%
  • Trophies

Votes: 7 9.7%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 5 6.9%