Formula Legacy Manager 2 - 70s

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still like having Class A-D, but I still think there should be a set number of drivers in each Class. Regardless of the PP of the best drivers, we should always consider the top 2-3 to be Class A. And the worst 2-3 drivers should always be considered Class D. And if that means the Class bounds change each season, so be it. Hugo would just need to rank all the drivers by PP and sort out the Classes.
I like this idea a lot ! The only problem is for free drivers, are they also ranked from A to D ? Only them ? or everyone ? But I like this idea a lot
Like if you prefer this to the two options above

Free drivers, as in those who just had a contract expire, or rookies? I think all drivers need to be ranked equally regardless of their situation.

I like this idea a lot ! The only problem is for free drivers, are they also ranked from A to D ? Only them ? or everyone ? But I like this idea a lot
Like if you prefer this to the two options above
Nah, that makes a complete mess of it. Just have a few more drivers available. I mean looking at the '72 F1 lineups, there's a bunch of drivers missing here, which would probably fit in the C&D categories. For example David Walker. He was driving the Lotus without scoring a single point (Fittipaldi won the title with the same car). Gethin never was on the list, and that as GP winner. Schenken, W. Fittipaldi, Hailwood, or some of those that didn't do the whole season (since you have Scheckter as B already, although his first full season was '74).

Last edited:
Nah, that makes a complete mess of it. Just have a few more drivers available. I mean looking at the '72 F1 lineups, there's a bunch of drivers missing here, which would probably fit in the C&D categories. For example David Walker. He was driving the Lotus without scoring a single point (Fittipaldi won the title with the same car). Gethin never was on the list, and that as GP winner. Schenken, W. Fittipaldi, Hailwood, or some of those that didn't do the whole season (since you have Scheckter as B already, although his first full season was '74).
But would anybody pick David Walker?

But would anybody pick David Walker?
If you want a C or D driver...
I mean this all sound like you guys want C&D drivers for the extra PP, but have them on the same skill level than a B driver. That's just ridiculous.

If you keep the driver skill the same as it is, and then apply the tiers once the lineups are completed, it'll turn into a big joke. If you do that with the current lineups, you have 1 or 2 B driver turned into D, giving the respective teams 4PP more, even though the drivers aren't that much worse than the rest. It's a joke simply put.

I see your point Tobi. But in all honesty, I was looking for more balance, not more PP.
But how does it balance anything if skill remains the same? The only thing it does is give more PP to those that were lucky enough to pick one of the lower ranked B drivers.

Gentlemen -- I digress. I did not intend to start an argument. I was only curious from the beginning why it seems there were so many "average" drivers on the grid. Out of 22 drivers, we have 2 Class A, 1 Class C, and 18 Class B. I thought that seemed odd and suggested we revisit the idea of how the classes were divided.

Because of this distribution, thought it would me more fair if we have a set number of drivers in each class at the start of each season, and I didn't think of the implications on the PP and the bonus PP for having a lower class driver. Perhaps some of you are correct in stating that it will be too complicated to decide which drivers to hire if their class can change from season to season simply because of what other drivers are contracted. Again, that's something else I didn't think about.

From now on, I will only mention something that I think is unusual or perhaps needs a revisit in the rules. I will refrain from making suggestions on how to fix it.

Gentlemen -- I digress. I did not intend to start an argument. I was only curious from the beginning why it seems there were so many "average" drivers on the grid. Out of 22 drivers, we have 2 Class A, 1 Class C, and 18 Class B. I thought that seemed odd and suggested we revisit the idea of how the classes were divided.

Because of this distribution, thought it would me more fair if we have a set number of drivers in each class at the start of each season, and I didn't think of the implications on the PP and the bonus PP for having a lower class driver. Perhaps some of you are correct in stating that it will be too complicated to decide which drivers to hire if their class can change from season to season simply because of what other drivers are contracted. Again, that's something else I didn't think about.

From now on, I will only mention something that I think is unusual or perhaps needs a revisit in the rules. I will refrain from making suggestions on how to fix it.
No need to go that far mate. I guess once again my phrasing sounded rather harsh, although not intended that way. I do agree that right now there appear to be too many B drivers, but don't think that your suggestion is the right way to solve it.

Personally I think that having more drivers available would be a better way to go about it. Yes, most people here probably haven't heard their names, but that's something to be expected of a C or D driver. Also maybe reevalute some drivers. Taking Pescarolo as an example, he certainly was an exceptional sports cars driver, but for F1 his results don't exactly classify him as B imo.

tmjU9Rc.png

1972 Formula One Season (1-3)

3TYvP9I.png

Ux9mCbH.png

cMgddAF.png

mnQ2CyC.png

Qd4bVCo.png

You've got 48h to send me your Buys !

7mYLGxv.png

Last edited:
Goodbye tier 1.. again :(
How the **** did Lotus win the engine track?!
Lotus pace on Eng tracks : 17,8PP
Rob Walker & March : 19,4PP
Brabham & Honda : 19,2PP
BRM : 18,2PP

Stewart only need to be 2PP faster than any of his opponents to win.
But there's also a random variable added in the race. He should have been lucky enough to dig the gap between him and the other drivers.

By the way, about the drivers' ratings, you've all said many things and I agree to all of you. Yes it would be unfair if some get a lot of PP for a decent driver compares to another one just slightly faster but with a way higher rating. Yes it would be better to have a grid with more ratings and not everybody with a B. Yes I should keep the exact drivers' pace secret.

So here is what I can propose about this ratings issue :
sq1iixw.png

Bonus for an upcoming season :
0RnQl5z.png

jb3wjcf.png
So I've just move a little the bounds of the ratings, just to get more variability. And of course I've lowered the
off-season bonuses to keep a fair gap.

Agree Go for it ! it's fine and fair !
Like Go for it, but keep the previous off-season bonuses (+1 +3 +5 +7) to encourage us to sign bad drivers
Beer No, keep it as it is, with everyone or so with a B rating

1st option
I think this takes away the benefits of signing a bad driver. With a 5/7 PP bonus, you could get a big boost for your other driver. Now with 4/5 there's barely a difference to A and B, so imo not worth it anymore.

2nd option
That's basically my comment from earlier, giving us C and D drivers for the PP, but without the skill deficit. Though probably a bit less extreme than with the previous suggestion.

Nw8EDPY.png

1972 Formula One Season (4-6)

2hng0FK.png

KPVvGth.png

qPTInkB.png

wvTpipM.png

oo6wMBI.png

You've got 48h to send me your Buys !

w30vStc.png

EtWNJoG.png

1972 Formula One Season (7-9)

ZdR6Zdj.png

nEiJysW.png

yKoFbPD.png

ZEqPBXA.png

y48fHTj.png

You've got 48h to send me your Buys ! Last market of the season :thumbsup:

OCVM0nJ.png

q6ENBh4.png

1972 Formula One Season (10-12)

mZTOXBX.png

sL92YVe.png

Zv6G3y6.png

jt7t9uw.png

vXU9nky.png

The 1972 season is over ! Congratulations to the winners !

Off Season instructions will follow...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back