Cars Formula Hybrid 2019 by Race Sim Studio

This is coming fast.
CC channeling his inner A3DR.

day 2 test high res from barcelona test
https://imgur.com/a/f4j5Wgt
Was just looking over the pics thanks, a nice collection you got going, very much appreciated,
this is odd looking how Mercedes and Ferrari seem to have some kind of gap here at the back of the halo mounts,
ffd34d31837768244155d1e09890402e.png

40769b305026452806cc070d8adce6f5.png

Wonder what that achieves I would imagine would effect the air pressure starting to flow down the rear on the chassis, interesting detail :)

I always remembered what you said last year in my mind, so this time made them 1st,
its strange one because, you make a 100% fictional car and people ask for realistic wheels,
then you make the wheels realistic and people complain there too accurate or look like another car. :D

anyways made them for you man enjoy!
I am not complaining CC...

I am not complaining CC...
Yeah I know, opinions ect,
its really hard when your making something from scratch at times, specially with a very large community of people who all have there own voice and opinions on topics,

so very hard to try and please everyone, last year I put more effort into some areas than others,
but the 2017 car and 2018 car was 100% custom, we even got the wave impact wheel made for you guys which is a very popular wheel in the pro simulation sector, but we took note on the 2017 car and improved that area,

I remembered the comment on the wheels last year but energy had gone at that point,
some things might look quite simple like if you make a small part or flap or gurney,
every single thing you make is really complex and time consuming,

like for example if I was making a car right now with a NASA Manual from the manufacturer,
I do not need to read rules at all, or do not need to go on google 15000 times to get data and resources or make over 40-50-60 blueprints by hand for the smaller details and parts,

so the difference from this Hybrid series, to have a Manual or CAD data I would say roughly from experience these cars are around 60% slower for me,
some of the bounding boxes I have made for this car is just crazy so far I must have measured over 200 areas every mm been checked and double checked,
its a brand new car from scratch, when we could have used some things from the 2018 car, we too bare minimum details but the foundations of the chassis and wings and suspension is all new concept,

regarding your comment before with the wheels, yes they simulate the 2018 Mercedes the style looks awesome, but they was quite tricky to get right the wheels, there is so many details on them and trying to achieve a nice smoothing at the end was not the easiest to keep it low in geometry,
so we try our best when we can do so,
most things will be similar in style to other cars, would be impossible to make a F1 car without at least 1 thing looking similar to another car, there be at least 1 thing,

like inside RF2 for example complete cars are around 150,000 triangles every single detail on the cars, has to be under 150k, well official cars anyways,

my alloy wheel, wheel blur, and tyres are around 94,000 triangles without no other objects,
4f8dae7d686f383e834642143db445d7.png

which is just criminal to say the least its a big % of a official content RF2 car just these details alone,

but like I say some people are happy with stuff not been 100% and some people want the details 100%,
I think in the last 2 years I must have read over 25 comments people asking just about the wheels,
I remembered the comment posted on the 2018 so this time made them 1st,
and made them "realistic" to the real cars, and tried my best to give everyone the best car possible. :)

sorry for the boring story. :D :p

Was just looking over the pics thanks, a nice collection you got going, very much appreciated,
this is odd looking how Mercedes and Ferrari seem to have some kind of gap here at the back of the halo mounts,
ffd34d31837768244155d1e09890402e.png

40769b305026452806cc070d8adce6f5.png

Wonder what that achieves I would imagine would effect the air pressure starting to flow down the rear on the chassis, interesting detail :)
Air outlet from some coolers. Williams did this last season IIRC.

Air outlet from some coolers. Williams did this last season IIRC.
Currently down there I have major lines in my geometry from loops and ****,
its not an issue its just at that stage of the build where some stuff is heavy specially with 2x turbo,
be easier to make a split there and remove say 10 lines make my life simpler by about 2 minutes optimizing later so might add it :D
thats an extra 2 minutes spent making tyres :geek:

Another thing as well what bothers me within these rules,
I read them over xmas in detail after this Formula 2000 build and during the build somewhat,
takes a lot of time reading down them to see what small changes and stuff they made,
I read in detail about the end plate gurney the small strip around the rear leading edge,
but I am 100% positive I read that these strakes was banned/removed from the rules,
so never considered even making them at all,
its strange because quite a few cars have them there, I will look again over it.
upload_2019-2-20_10-21-11.png

Last edited:
Another thing as well what bothers me within these rules,
I read them over xmas in detail after this Formula 2000 build and during the build somewhat,
takes a lot of time reading down them to see what small changes and stuff they made,
I read in detail about the end plate gurney the small strip around the rear leading edge,
but I am 100% positive I read that these streaks was banned/removed from the rules,
so never considered even making them at all,
its strange because quite a few cars have them there, I will look again over it.
View attachment 292438
They banned the slots for pressure control in the upper part of the endplate to create a clean surface for sponsors.
Those flow aligner devices should be ok, as they meet an certain max heigt and do not directly create downforce.

Cant find it anyways been looking 30 minutes,
either way all teams would run them if it was allowed they always add this kind of stuff,
most teams dont have it just a few, personally I like the detail.
d080515105294814e81c02c72c8f9b4f.jpg

looks interesting the rear lower section of this Mclaren, looks like someones took a knife to it :D

They banned the slots for pressure control in the upper part of the endplate to create a clean surface for sponsors.
Those flow aligner devices should be ok, as they meet an certain max heigt and do not directly create downforce.
Yeah inside the rules I did read it somewhere, now just looked and couldnt see it the rule on the end plates, I know with the upper gills and stuff for the slots, anyways ill add some they look cool,
anything cool looking gets the RSS Green light from me. :D :geek:

Not sure if these cameras are keepers on the Mclaren and only testing cams,
but I love this drone style cameras just looks insane. :D
e642ddb16e4962f781d1f822d8e9bdde.jpg

Well be nice to leave it running longer a few hrs, but did the 1st base tests with the singular parts,
running full simulation just hammers my cpu and makes my pc unusable for a while,
anyways looks cool.
d59ccb920e77d98dd8f1deb099fb8169.jpg

Well be nice to leave it running longer a few hrs, but did the 1st base tests with the singular parts,
running full simulation just hammers my cpu and makes my pc unusable for a while,
anyways looks cool.
d59ccb920e77d98dd8f1deb099fb8169.jpg
Can't see the mighty Y250 vortex. ;)
Is an S-duct planned?
---
btw. Ferrari is going down the Merc route on rear rims.
978_210301.jpg

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea