Cars Formula Hybrid 2019 by Race Sim Studio

Yeah I wasnt talking about making a 100% brand ne
Looking at these I don't see much shine on the out of pits pictures, so it seems to wear off real quick. The outer tire should have the shine though.
That was the plan to make it shiny and obviously goes without saying the tread diffused matt,
but 85% of the tread will be rough and worn not brand new,
makes no diffference anyways 4 people voted disagree already so ill leave them from 2018 and waste no time with it.

Anyways I love tyres so ill kinda of write a 5 page essay on the subject,

I will start with what Gary shown from Racing Point,
my current tyres I make are very unique tyres and no one as ever created the tyres the same as me inside the AC engine, no one,
my side walls use 1 shader, my tread uses another shader,
the side walls stop here the shine like the older tyres 17-18, but I started this process in 2014 in AC so over 5 years using this detail where no one else ever has,
my shine on 1 shader stops here,
upload_2019-2-19_8-35-59.png

and like we can see here, they are very unique to the RSS branding on all our top tier formula cars,
b254cfbe876b8a9e7cd7992cc1c121e5.jpg

it simply goes without saying at all we can not just simply make the entire tyre shiny 100%
side walls/tread,

going back to 2013/14 I used to make the "Ultimate Realizm Mod" for Codemasters games,
at that point in time my mods on RD was the highest rated on the website,
now @Fat-Alfie as that privilege with his insane detailed tracks and godly textures,

but going back to 13/14 part of my Codemasters mod was making tyre textures and the damage textures and settings, I pushed the envelope that far with my Dev Codemasters copied my style with the tyres and now we have this wonderful look even now in the latest F1 games,
because before they was quite primitive in comparison to what I personally achieved and still feel proud but I pushed the envelop that far the devs took note and started making the tyres the same,
so I have been pushing tyres to there limits almost 1 decade where no one else has,
but anyways I tried that technique before making a 100% shiny tyre in F1 2013 or something and it looked silly, so from experience I already know its not a direction to be taken.

but coming back again to AC the actual shaders for the tyres are so limiting even going back to what Codemasters was making even before AC was created the shader is just primitive,

lets inspect the tyre compound how we should create it the process,
obviously we dont want 100% shine this would be so easy to replicate, but not a direction to take,
because of the camber of the tyres front and rear of the wheels,
only the insides of the tyres will be effected on the tread more,
so roughly 85-90% of the tread will be matt and diffuse with a lovely specular map,
like here,
upload_2019-2-19_9-5-1.png

we can see here that the shine now is not stopping like the 1st set of pictures I posted above but the shine is now breaching the tread/bleading onto the tread surface,

currently using my old technique as I mentioned above with 1x shader for the tyre wall, and 1 x shader for the treads, this technique is no longer achievable with the current AC tyre shader,
the shader as no "color" maps,
color maps in games generate "gloss" and "matt" rough or shiny surfaces, so with the lack of the "color" maps currently we can not even create this style of the 2019 tyres anyways,
because the shader will not produce these results we want, and my old techniques will not work,
as the line of the shine is defined my mesh geometry where it was split/detached and a new shader applied and then welded again to produce the smoothing correctly on the surface area,

so replicating the 2019 tyres correctly the new techniques would involve just 1 shader not 2 shaders like before,
but here is where it gets more complex,
we would require not 1x tyre as we have currently on the cars, but actually 2x tyres each corner of the chassis,
so 1x tyre for static motion and then 1x tyre for blurred motion for faster rotation,
where the values are inside 3ds max, 8 tyres not 4 tyres,
and settings inside the blurred_objects.ini which will still define the 2x motions of the tyres,

then we can proceed and apply a new shader, but this new shader would make the tyres the best in the world I imagine,
we would be able to create,
Diffuse,
Normals,
Color,
Seamless,
Seamless NM,

now with this shader we can just use the 1 single shader, use the same textures I created before,
but use the "alpha channel" to define what special seamless rubber texture is shown from the seamless and the seamless NM maps I made which has my heart pounding the prospect of having a custom seamless detail map on the tyres so this is a big + in my book,

but then we get to this "color" map, here we can define how much of the tread is shiny, matt,
if I get my hands on this shader on the tyres they would end up biblical looking,
I could really get some lovely tyres flowing with this stuff its like spinach to popeye, giving me freedom like this specially on something seen 99% of the time while driving,
just no one takes these tyres seriously at all, its the most important detail on a car the tyres, well for me it is anyways,

I will be able to achieve the tyres 100% realistic, I am also developing textures for this shaders patch as well me and Ilja get kinda excited with these textures and settings,
but we could produce with the new techniques I want to use something similar in style to this,
26f4b43eda62239ff9d029323edea0df.jpg

this would be the same on Steam and CM,
this kinda styling but the insides more matt as well but the outsides the wall and say 10-15% of the treads will be high gloss like the real tyres,

but then inside CM can I push the tyres even more than the default steam ones,
adding tyre wear and even more detailing
we could start with a 100% shiny tyre brand new and it will scrub exactly the same as the tyres in real life so even after half a lap the shine will be gone and starting scrubbing and matting the surface,
currently the patch settings is the most advanced in any game I have seen and way past RF2 tyres,
specially on the visuals of lockups we are currently developing,
RF2 as a piece of mesh on the externals of the tyres, so under locking up this piece of geometry will show damage but its not damage located at the contact patch where the tyre 1st scraped on the tarmac, where as inside CM Ilja,s code and masks is way way more advanced the system we developed there is perfect, we can do so much more things now with these new patches and tyre settings,

anyways ill not bore you too much with the details, lets leave them like before boring and unrealistic to 2019 spec tyres, you decide what you want. ;):geek:

Last edited:
So anyways looking at these mirrors, I never realized the rule was so complex in this area,
what I made earlier on in the build wasnt really correct to what we are seeing in these testing cars,
not a major issue was going to remake them anyways so makes no difference to what was there from the plan I had,
but looking into the rules they are quite silly to be honest,
I was just playing around with an idea I had but breifly reading the rules in depth in multiple areas,
its simply not possible I believe this style I just made this morning,
what I made last night is though,

what I would prefer to have seen, something similar to this, obviously welded and some more style.
869b137c8561686f1442b858d859d57d.jpg

051f31185e94348b43ab5d3135938656.jpg

compared to with what I was playing around with last night,
5f925f107a58c3c218a74d5ba085540e.jpg

56e5f680e4cbde75c4912576338329d7.jpg

I mean what moron designs these rules, make something really nice looking but then add 1970,s brackets there like a clown, idk, ill read more and get something nicer looking,
the Mclaren style is a total joke.

The main mount to the chassis,
states that from the reflective surface of the glass,
the mount on the chassis cant not be more than 15mm behind of the reflective surface,
and no more than 50mm infront of the reflective surface,
this is quite good news for me,
fef3d0d96e4f1df943b0d7d0e328684f.png

e44849dd648b21e4a3a1731b314614c7.png

here we are a bracket within the rules,
912196d16958e7c393e621b8c69b7187.png

Last edited:
So anyways really happy with the position, and the shape of the mirrors and the brackets/mounts we have developed here with these new mirrors,
ill investigate these mounts more the second set to the pods,
79dc5e5e1fb2ab4fe02d5b2377fc394b.jpg

wants smoothing slightly more ill do it soon before the UV,
but the shape is strong.
a0d2d9b1beb70ce4672a357f409d75e5.png

646eee4458c981d89dd780723877b6bb.png

dee7710ca4d8ca863bd33b9b12e61fdf.png

Last edited:
This one will be 999BHP the 2018 was 980BHP, so 1000Ish

regarding the styling the RSS Hybrids are all custom build and do not replicate any other car on the grid,
all custom built from the rules. :)
It's not a complete copy, but I doubt you came up with all the concepts :) Take the rims of the rear wheels for example. That's definitely taken from McLaren and Mercedes right?

It is nice to see the how far the development of these cars have come already
This 2019 car been ingame quite some time, its got 0 rake, 0 camber so just does not sit right at all,
we always apply these settings later in the build, but at this time in the month it wong be long until this happens, just a few places of DEV left then ill try and wrap up the build. :)

It's not a complete copy, but I doubt you came up with all the concepts :) Take the rims of the rear wheels for example. That's definitely taken from McLaren and Mercedes right?
Well I made my wheels around the 28th of December 2018, so I highly doubt I copied the Mclaren,
they resemble the Mercedes style from last year yes you are correct with a keen eye,
Mercedes could have made something brand new who knows and to be honest not even checked, although I did notice on the Mclaren,
so in reality both RSS and Mclaren like the style of the Mercedes wheel rims,
mine is not the same and as a different amount of spokes and the details and nuts and centers are much different,
in 2017 Ferrari brought the brand new style side pod intakes,
most of the grid you see now is formed from there concept, so basically are all the cars replicas of the Ferrari ? that maybe so ill let you decide im not too fussed,
its quite common in F1 that from month to month you will see cars replicating other teams, taking ideas stealing ideas and concepts, I think its very common practice,
either way like I say Mclaren liked that style of wheel also,

the only reason why I made brand new ones at the start of the build was for this 1 single comment last year so made them 1st before making anything else.
a77f5edbbf84e079c4d8ac33cd58709e.png

Well I made my wheels around the 28th of December 2018, so I highly doubt I copied the Mclaren,
they resemble the Mercedes style from last year yes you are correct with a keen eye,
Mercedes could have made something brand new who knows and to be honest not even checked, although I did notice on the Mclaren,
so in reality both RSS and Mclaren like the style of the Mercedes wheel rims,
mine is not the same and as a different amount of spokes and the details and nuts and centers are much different,
in 2017 Ferrari brought the brand new style side pod intakes,
most of the grid you see now is formed from there concept, so basically are all the cars replicas of the Ferrari ? that maybe so ill let you decide im not too fussed,
its quite common in F1 that from month to month you will see cars replicating other teams, taking ideas stealing ideas and concepts, I think its very common practice,
either way like I say Mclaren liked that style of wheel also,

the only reason why I made brand new ones at the start of the build was for this 1 single comment last year so made them 1st before making anything else.
a77f5edbbf84e079c4d8ac33cd58709e.png
Wow! Thanks a lot man! They are looking great!

Wow! Thanks a lot man! They are looking great!
I always remembered what you said last year in my mind, so this time made them 1st,
its strange one because, you make a 100% fictional car and people ask for realistic wheels,
then you make the wheels realistic and people complain there too accurate or look like another car. :D

anyways made them for you man enjoy!

I always remembered what you said last year in my mind, so this time made them 1st,
its strange one because, you make a 100% fictional car and people ask for realistic wheels,
then you make the wheels realistic and people complain there too accurate or look like another car. :D

anyways made them for you man enjoy!

Be thankful no one has protested the design to the FIA yet :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 78 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.9%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 164 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 308 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 444 39.6%