Resource icon

Cars Formula Ford - Russell Alexis Mk.14 1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
"The two tire compounds are labelled North and East because they would be running in different series; North is a 90s Formula specific radial with a stiffer sidewall, East is a 60s generally available car tire - in the 60s road cars would actually run on 165/55s, by the 90s no new cars were using such a small tire."

Make sure you place the following three shader files from the archive in the system/shaders/win folder:
stPerPixelMultiMap_specular_meta.ini
stPerPixelMultiMap_specular_ps.fxo
stPerPixelMultiMap_specular_vs.fxo

If they're not there you will get "Race Cancelled". Hope this helps :)
No more calls, folks, we have a WINNER! Thanks, that was the problem. I have my favorite toy back! Thanks again!.

"The two tire compounds are labelled North and East because they would be running in different series; North is a 90s Formula specific radial with a stiffer sidewall, East is a 60s generally available car tire - in the 60s road cars would actually run on 165/55s, by the 90s no new cars were using such a small tire."

The real difference is that they’re made by two different people and one is Kunos style while the other is not.

Thank you, folks... I will run some tests here.

Cheers!

Really enjoying the car. looks like an srs winner!
preview.jpg

I just want to say thank you to the people who've donated, I'm a little shy about expressing gratitude but I do appreciate it.

For a while I've been thinking about ways to encourage donations without putting anything behind a paywall, one model I kinda like is Kickstarter's "stretch goals". For example a book publisher might add a fancier cover (stamped in texture, foil highlights) if they get 20% past their original goal.

The thing is, I don't want there to be any pressure for people to donate larger and larger amounts of money, that's just not fair... but what do people think of something like:
After 25 people have donated, I'll add a second same era Formula Ford body (probably a Lotus 61 but I'll see what's close enough to the driving position/suspension).
After 50, I'll do a serious attempt at a next class upward version (probably Formula B as I've seen Mk14s adapted to that)
Like with "the price of a coffee" other modders use I'd probably have a minimum amount to count just so Paypal fees don't eat everything but that's the general concept.

I think thats not a bad idea as long as everyone knows about it, and its easily accessible.
Its probably already been asked, but since I don't have a clutch pedal, how do I stop the car spinning out when I shift down at corners? Go a lot slower before shifting down perhaps ?

I think manually blipping the throttle would help, the autoclutch isn't very aggressive on downshifts but I haven't driven with it for a while so I don't know how sensitive it is.

I just want to say thank you to the people who've donated, I'm a little shy about expressing gratitude but I do appreciate it.

For a while I've been thinking about ways to encourage donations without putting anything behind a paywall, one model I kinda like is Kickstarter's "stretch goals". For example a book publisher might add a fancier cover (stamped in texture, foil highlights) if they get 20% past their original goal.

The thing is, I don't want there to be any pressure for people to donate larger and larger amounts of money, that's just not fair... but what do people think of something like:
After 25 people have donated, I'll add a second same era Formula Ford body (probably a Lotus 61 but I'll see what's close enough to the driving position/suspension).
After 50, I'll do a serious attempt at a next class upward version (probably Formula B as I've seen Mk14s adapted to that)
Like with "the price of a coffee" other modders use I'd probably have a minimum amount to count just so Paypal fees don't eat everything but that's the general concept.

Can I donate multiple times to hit that 50 number? Really would love to see that Formula B variant; that's the single vehicle class and era I want to see the most :D

I think that's a reasonable system, though!

I think thats not a bad idea as long as everyone knows about it, and its easily accessible.
Its probably already been asked, but since I don't have a clutch pedal, how do I stop the car spinning out when I shift down at corners? Go a lot slower before shifting down perhaps ?

I found the brake bias a little too rearward for my own liking, so I move that a couple notches forward. Hitting your rev matching is also key.

I love this car! Considering it's not particularly fast or difficult to drive, I find it hugely entertaining. I did a 5 lap race round a 26km circuit tonight against the AI (lapping in around 10mins 45), and I think I had a grin on my face the whole time. The model is beautiful to look at, the texture work is gorgeous and the physics feel very convincing. It is certainly one of personal favourite mods for AC, and I can't thank you enough for sharing it with us! :thumbsup:

Custom Shader Patch automatically puts that on any car pre-1975 ish. You can turn it off in the Car Instruments section of settings with "Use accurate tachometers". It is accurate to the tach in the car but yeah it's a bit annoying.
Thanks for the explanation! I didn't knew any cars pre-1975 had this kind of tachometer. Why is that?

Something about how early electrical tachometers work, it counts the pulses for half a second then displays the rpm. I think it's the only kind of tachometer that existed from the 30s-60s or so but I'm not certain about that.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.