AC Formula F-un @Portimao, Wednesday 23rd February 2022

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

HF2000

Thou shall not pass!!!
Staff
Premium
maxresdefault.jpg

Welcome to the RD Racing Club.

As a very relaxing intermezzo for the usual multiclass tonight a fun event. The Ligier has always proven to be a great car for very close battles and therefore these events were a great succes in the past. So we're going to race this 6-speed monster on the new GPK-Portimao track. The track has a lot of elevation so don't forget to open your rear window for extra downforce! With a full grid this will be a night to remember. Read here the comment of Paul Fairweather on a similar event:

Despite the low entries, this was great fun and would be a real blast with a full grid on these ‘mini me’ kart tracks that replicate the full size tracks brilliantly.
But great fun and if there is a championship then guys, you need to get in on the action as this is something different where you can have fun away from the normal stress of having to practice for days.

Sign up here (password: same as the Wednesday multiclass or on request by posting in this thread.):

skysports-portimao-portugal_5143652.jpg

All premium members can sign up for this event and slots are limited so make sure to tag a friend! This event will take place on the newly developed platform Simracing.GP and it's extremely easy to join!
Not a premium member yet but interested to race with our group of friendly drivers? Click here and here to learn how you can participate as well.

Server information:
  • Practice Server: #02 (Available throughout the race week, password: 'dunlop')
  • Race server: S.GP password: 'dunlop'
  • 20:00 CEST, 19:00 BST (19:00 UTC) | 1 hour 15 minutes - Official Practice
  • 21:20 CEST, 20:20 BST (20:20 UTC) | 15 minutes - Qualification
  • 21:40 CEST, 20:40 BST (20:40 UTC) | 40 minutes - Race

Event details:
  • Cars:
    • Ligier JS8 S1
  • Track: GPK-Portimao, Portugal
  • Pit stop: optional
  • Track Temps: 25C air/37C track
  • Track Condition: Clear
  • Track grip: 100%
  • Damage: 10%
  • Further info on simracing.gp

Useful Links:

Last edited:
Just one note, I was constantly getting a warning for over revving,
Is damage set on here, no way can I run this for 40 minutes and not pop an engine??
And I am assuming a pit stop for tyres is on the cards too.

Just one note, I was constantly getting a warning for over revving,
Is damage set on here, no way can I run this for 40 minutes and not pop an engine??
And I am assuming a pit stop for tyres is on the cards too.
I can do the whole race without damaging the engine despite this warning. Tyres will be interesting. Last week for 45 min tyre change was the best but now for 40 I don't know.

Last edited:
I can do the whole race without damaging the engine despite this warning. Tyres will be interesting. Last week for 45 min tyre change was the best but now for 40 I don't know.
Yes, in the two races we have had with these, no reports of engine damage. Tyres YESSSSSS!! :confused: . At Zandvort I went the whole 45 minutes on one set, but had run the last 10 minutes with no rubber left at all. 40 minutes will be a test.
I have replaced the sound though, 40 minutes of the 125cc engine did my head in, I replaced with the 92 BMW E36 DTM sound, just love the sound of that induction system.

I think I'm going to be able to make it tomorrow :thumbsup: . I figure with the back window open, I can fit a few boxes in there to qualify the race as "moving time" :laugh:

@Shed 17 When you change the sound, can you still run the car on the practice server, or does the checksum not match? Because that sounds like fun :whistling:

Last edited:
I think I'm going to be able to make it tomorrow :thumbsup: . I figure with the back window open, I can fit a few boxes in there to qualify the race as "moving time" :laugh:

@Shed 17 When you change the sound, can you still run the car on the practice server, or does the checksum not match? Because that sounds like fun :whistling:
Hi Robert, @Alfred Wayne I hope the move is going well.
The sound works for me offline and on both practice and race servers (last week at Zandvoort). I used the 'Replace sound' function in Content Manager and worked well.

And good to know! thanks. Didn't want to get kicked off the paddock because I modified my muffler :roflmao:
Yeah, thats a problem around here.

Have been on muffler patrol myself as early as 2007.

It's no fun to explain to a track day driver that He can't go WOT because the neighbors are sueing the track.
(a former Russian Airbase, so the should have been used to noise and air pollution)

BTW, they lost, next year there were LESS noise restrictions.

But generally it went downhill from there

MFG Carsten

Last edited:
I had to cancel my subscription because yesterday my wife tested positive to Covid 19. While she's not too bad, the need to remain isolated pretty much broke our nightly routine of going to bed together, watch some TV with our younger son and let him sleep, something I do usually not do on Wednesady evening.
Tonight I will spend some time alone with my son, and I have to give up for tonight, as the schedule is not compatible with even just the race. See you soon, hopefully next week!

I had to cancel my subscription because yesterday my wife tested positive to Covid 19. While she's not too bad, the need to remain isolated pretty much broke our nightly routine of going to bed together, watch some TV with our younger son and let him sleep, something I do usually not do on Wednesady evening.
Tonight I will spend some time alone with my son, and I have to give up for tonight, as the schedule is not compatible with even just the race. See you soon, hopefully next week!
Hope you all get through this OK Omar, I know how you feel as been there myself as have may others on here.

Take care, Omar!

That was a different kind of fun :thumbsup: Good race from everyone and congrats on the win Han. Despite the sliding car, they managed to handle well enough for some close battles. I usually don't run into @stigs2cousin Carsten and @a_murel Andre much during Wednesdays races as we're in different classes, but we found ourselves plenty close today :confused::D. Good stuff guys.

Screenshot_ligier_js8_s1_rmi_gpk_portimao_23-1-122-16-26-31.jpg

Count me in for another one of these if it's planned. Started to actually like driving the little box by the end :)

Last edited:

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 140 85.9%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 27 16.6%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 25 15.3%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 20 12.3%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 50 30.7%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 58 35.6%