AC Formula F-un @Portimao, Wednesday 23rd February 2022

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Gawd, what a race! :confused: I had almost no laps beforehand so I'm glad I found a decent line on practice and managed to make qualy work. The race was ... eventful. I had a good start and managed to dodge a few collisions until I got too eager at one corner and got myself facing a barrier... I had 2 more self-inflicted incidents during the race past half-way due to fading tyres so I decided to pit. After that it was about keeping Ernie behind me which I managed 'til the end but JUST. It was a sprint to the finish from the second-to-last corner at the last lap. :laugh: I witnessed a few off-tracks and the most impressive trapeze-on-wheels act from Dave, where his green box decided to perform a few cool breakdance spins after touching a tyre wall. I had that in practice so I know it can get you dizzy... hope you're well Dave! :D Congrats for the win Han and everyone for the great fun! I don't know if I can make next week's wednesday race but I'll try... perhaps do the tuesday race instead. Or both? :roflmao: I do notice that I feel far more knackered than usual so, I'm off... see you on the next one chaps!

Last edited:
Not much to say, I was last.

9B172C84-3589-45DF-AD1C-35F499785910.jpeg

I managed a total of 30 minutes practice for tonight as that's as much time as I could put up with wobbling around in this box!

Rather than withdraw I lowered my expectation and worked out a safe laptime and opted for a tyre change just over halfway, also for safety.

Mid pack qualifying and mid pack finish but I only had 1 spin, avoiding Ernie, I think, so job done. I also finished on the lead lap which was a big achievement for me.

Fun event in a challenging car, thanks, Han and your winning streak continues. :)

Last edited:
Amazing race for me with a completely unexpected win. Allan and Paul were much faster in practice and qualifying and when I was hit by Andre in T1, I was last, although Andre followed the Golden Rule and was waiting for me:thumbsup:.
So my usual catchinG and overtaking game started again and I had a lot of fun with the many battles. Very nice was the overtake on Ernie and to hear him calling me 'rotten' was quite satisfying :p . Carsten was hard to overtake because he did a very good job on defending :thumbsup: . So I had to wait until he made a mistake while Jim (from CrewChief) was constantly telling me that 'this guy was holding me up and I should pass him:mad:'.
Paul on the other hand couldn't pass Andre so I could close the gap and after they had contact and came both to a complete stop I could sneak past to take 2nd. With a gap of 18s to Allan who was faster anyway I was quite happy to cruise to the end. But then Allan made a pitstop and came back 3rd and I had the lead with only 3 laps left.

So again a lucky win and also an exciting race! What's there more to wish!!
Next Tuesday again an event on a GPK track but with a new car that is a bit easier to drive, I think and therefore more suited for a championship. I hope you can all help me with finding that out!

Last edited:
In previous tests with the’bread van’ I couldn’t get to grips with it but something clicked tonight and I found some pace.
From P2 on the grid I got the holeshot ahead of Allan into T1 and managed to lead for a whole 8 laps!!!:confused::confused:,
Those 8 laps were frantic as I was having to defend but my tyres went off and Allan got by when a backmarker came into play and I planned my pit stop.
Changed tyres at the halfway mark and set off after Andre who was now up to 2nd. Andre was struggling on worn tyres and made his car very wide, but try as I might I could not find a way past and could see Han closing in. When a gap did appear Andre and me went side by side but unfortunately I clipped Andre’s right corner and he spun. While I waited, Han arrived at the scene and took over 2nd place with me now down to 4th.
As we passed the pits I could see Allan changing tyres so I was now up to 2nd and could keep Han in my sights but Allan was on a mission and I think if there had been another lap he would have got me.
But happy with P2 and some good racing from what I saw. I had my rear window on 2 and the baguette balance on 55%:D.
Thanks to Han for organising and to all who entered, it made it another fun night.

Last edited:
That was a different kind of fun :thumbsup: Good race from everyone and congrats on the win Han. Despite the sliding car, they managed to handle well enough for some close battles. I usually don't run into @stigs2cousin Carsten and @a_murel Andre much during Wednesdays races as we're in different classes, but we found ourselves plenty close today :confused::D. Good stuff guys.

View attachment 544235

Count me in for another one of these if it's planned. Started to actually like driving the little box by the end :)
Was great fun guys!

I look great in my Orange car!

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 53 9.4%
  • Monthly

Votes: 27 4.8%
  • Yearly

Votes: 35 6.2%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 13 2.3%