Cars Fordmans Revival

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please, tell us, as a valuable modder to the community, what about his statement did you find so utterly offensive or demeaning?

Because as a modder myself, I did not find what he said in any way negative or offensive.

Well I suggested some modders can create better examples of pixelated cars than the actual devs.... he said basically i was mad...
RD is IMO proof that the quality of SOME mods is better than a lot of GAME cars...not real life cars...just the context of sims...
Shauns SEAT and Ginettas are for me at least some of the best examples of this currently...

Huh? on another thread you are slagging off modders?
Well I suggested some modders can create better examples of pixelated cars than the actual devs.... he said basically i was mad...
RD is IMO proof that the quality of SOME mods is better than a lot of GAME cars...not real life cars...just the context of sims...
Shauns SEAT and Ginettas are for me at least some of the best examples of this currently...
You should work on your reading comprehension.

Let me quote what I responded to you saying that the R8 LMS mod that's out there is better than Kunos' official version: "I'm sure you've driven a Audi R8 LMS extensively in real life to be able to assess that the mod is better than Kunos' version..." How you read from that that I'm saying no mods can be better in any regard than Kunos' content or that I am attacking modders is beyond me. But go on, keep attacking me for no reason across several threads.

Last edited:
I still think there is no reason for anyone to fight ;)
I probably wouldn't have responded if it wasn't for the "slagging off modders" comment. It's decidedly not true.

I can understand why someone may be of the opinion that a certain mod is overall better than respective official content in AC, PCARS, etc. Aspects of a mod may indeed be produced to a higher standard. Modders may indeed have a better access to a car or data than perhaps a developer managed to get. I know several examples of that and I've never argued that modders cannot do better than any game studio. But as much as I'd like to see content produced to very high standards, with direct access to the real thing and referenced with real people working on these cars, it's certainly not the norm. Nor is "feels better" a good indicator for how well a car is replicated, for how realistic it is and implying that is kind of insulting to both actual devs and modders that put the work in to get hold of and implement actual data to get as close as possible to reality.

And beyond, this "the numbers and maths may be correct but the feel is lost as we are playing with pixels at the end of the day. Some modders seem to add a layer of feel and beliveabilty to mod cars which oddly SOME official content lacks" argument ultimately and kind of hypocritically was (or so I interpreted it) used to argue in favour of *********** - and I just don't agree with that line of thought in the first place, sorry. Maybe it's just me but I see that as even more insulting to those modders that are putting hard work in replicating real cars on their own.

But you're correct After_Midnight. There's no need for fighting and I should respond to posts like that differently in the future. I also don't have all the time in the world so I might have made mistakes in my replies in haste. It'd be nice if all discussion about mods, official content, racing simulators and games in general was more thoughtful and laid back...

Sorry for the OT rant.

If the argument comes down to "well have you ever driven 'insert car here' in real life to make a comparison' then pretty much every reviewer on youtube and most here can't actually have any valid comment on sim racing cars.....
And neither can most devs......

Fact is you can and do get an idea of what a car should feel like and world from there, the rest is smoke and mirrors.
Look at the guys who work on physics on sim games many have never driven the cars they are creating...

Its taken this long to get to the point where finally they are making sim cars with grip like in real life...its taken real racing drivers on youtube to come out and say "sims are way to hard to drive", there has been a misguided belief that racing cars = no grip which is totally back to front!!

Many sims have been 'fixed' by modders, look at fonseckers sound packs as well!!
Many skins are tonnes better than the actual game content....
Some games only exist due to modders, look at how RB Rally evolved over time thanks to modders....

IMO modders have kept AS alive for me, i play mostly on AS with mods like Shauns.....that is a good thing, so stop being so hard on modders, they can and do make in some cases better cars than the devs....

I probably wouldn't have responded if it wasn't for the "slagging off modders" comment. It's decidedly not true.

I can understand why someone may be of the opinion that a certain mod is overall better than respective official content in AC, PCARS, etc. Aspects of a mod may indeed be produced to a higher standard. Modders may indeed have a better access to a car or data than perhaps a developer managed to get. I know several examples of that and I've never argued that modders cannot do better than any game studio. But as much as I'd like to see content produced to very high standards, with direct access to the real thing and referenced with real people working on these cars, it's certainly not the norm. Nor is "feels better" a good indicator for how well a car is replicated, for how realistic it is and implying that is kind of insulting to both actual devs and modders that put the work in to get hold of and implement actual data to get as close as possible to reality.

And beyond, this "the numbers and maths may be correct but the feel is lost as we are playing with pixels at the end of the day. Some modders seem to add a layer of feel and beliveabilty to mod cars which oddly SOME official content lacks" argument ultimately and kind of hypocritically was (or so I interpreted it) used to argue in favour of *********** - and I just don't agree with that line of thought in the first place, sorry. Maybe it's just me but I see that as even more insulting to those modders that are putting hard work in replicating real cars on their own.

But you're correct After_Midnight. There's no need for fighting and I should respond to posts like that differently in the future. I also don't have all the time in the world so I might have made mistakes in my replies in haste. It'd be nice if all discussion about mods, official content, racing simulators and games in general was more thoughtful and laid back...

Sorry for the OT rant.

*********** has same mods as RD on it so your point is invalid, you are angry with RTM who rip forza mods so maybe aim it at RTM instead of all modders...

I will just leave this here and walk away.....WIP
__custom_showroom_1531048339.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • More leagues

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Prizes

Votes: 4 16.7%