Fonteny

Tracks Fonteny 1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
Curiously, I tried everything and got it fixed in a way I did not expect.

I tried disabling apps, downgrading to old versions of CSP, nothing helped.

But I just re-installed the track from the archive, drag-dropping it into CM. First time around, I believe I did not select all layouts when installing. Now I did, and even though the loading screen hiccups for a second or two on AI spline, it loads just fine and I can play!

The location and track are incredible, thank you so much, Alfie!

Hi David,

Thanks for your great work updating Fontney - i liked the extra FPS i've picked up, but i do have some feedback and a request / suggestion.

Since updating to 1.1 i've noticed the (new?) white square fences (fence-mesh) don't play nice with SOL, tending to heavy pixelation, and to stand out noticeably.

fontey-fence.jpg

The same fence texture appears to be utilised in Feldbergring in conjunction with the ksPerPixelAT_NM shader. In Feldbergring these fences play nicely with SOL, not demonstrating such 'high contrast' pixelation, and thus blending nicely with the scenery.

Any chance you could bring the Feldbergring fences / method to Fontney in a future update? Maybe this can even be done via the track config file but thats beyond my knowledge.

FYSA I run CSP 0.1.68 & SOL 1.5.5, 1080p, 4x AA, 16x AF

Cheers!

Last edited:
Hi David,

Thanks for your great work updating Fontney - i liked the extra FPS i've picked up, but i do have some feedback and a request / suggestion.

Since updating to 1.1 i've noticed the (new?) white square fences (fence-mesh) don't play nice with SOL, tending to heavy pixelation, and to stand out noticeably.

View attachment 507398

The same fence texture appears to be utilised in Feldbergring in conjunction with the ksPerPixelAT_NM shader. In Feldbergring these fences play nicely with SOL, not demonstrating such 'high contrast' pixelation, and thus blending nicely with the scenery.

Any chance you could bring the Feldbergring fences / method to Fontney in a future update? Maybe this can even be done via the track config file but thats beyond my knowledge.

FYSA I run CSP 0.1.68 & SOL 1.5.5, 1080p, 4x AA, 16x AF

Cheers!
What you are seeing is not pixelation, it’s alpha channel dithering.
Older AMD cards are known for this effect.

The issue is something that’s really more on your end I’m afraid.

What you are seeing is not pixelation, it’s alpha channel dithering.
Older AMD cards are known for this effect.

The issue is something that’s really more on your end I’m afraid.

Thanks John, that is interesting to know. I came across a great write up on this subject here:

https://bgolus.medium.com/anti-aliased-alpha-test-the-esoteric-alpha-to-coverage-8b177335ae4f

I experimented with changing the blend mode from alpha_test to alpha_blend...

[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_1]
MATERIALS=fence-mesh
BLEND_MODE=ALPHA_BLEND

alpha-blend.jpg

The checkerboard dithering pattern is gone which is great, but the trade-off is that the visibility of other objects through the fence is effected causing some unacceptable artifacts at certain points along the track.

Alternatively, to get the grey Feldbergring fence wire look i instead added the following to my config file...

[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_1]
MATERIALS=fence-mesh
KEY_1 = ksAmbient
VALUE_1 = 0.2

This greatly suppresses visible dithering without introducing other artifacts.

Last edited:
Hello Fat-Alfie. I have one question (I apologize right away if it has already been discussed) why is the odometer in the car not working on your Fonteny track? on all Kunos tracks, and on your Deutschlandring and Feldbergring tracks, the odometer in the car works.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.