Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Take a first look at the upcoming Aston Martin V12 Vantage and the mighty Spa Francorchamps circuit soon to arrive in Assetto Corsa Competizione.

Aston Martin are an incredible brand that are synonymous with endurance racing, just like the fabled Spa circuit in Belgium. These two pieces of content will be coming to Assetto Corsa Competizione once full version one status is achieved this May 29th, and thanks to having access to the press build during our recent adventures at Monza, we thought it might be nice to give you a look at what the content has in store once it hits the public build of the simulation.

Over the next few days we will be showcasing some gameplay footage from a variety of new pieces of content.

Want to see Brands Hatch, Barcelona, the new Lexus, some Porsche action and plenty more? Stay tuned to our subscribe and like our RaceDepartment YouTube channel over the next week for a new content video per day!

Happy Easter folks!

Assetto Corsa Competizione is currently in Steam Early Access

For more ACC news, head over to the Assetto Corsa Competizione sub forum and stay in touch with the latest happenings regarding this new sim. To join in the track action, why not register to participate in one of our regular ACC club events? Head over to the ACC Racing Club and sign up today!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Why the criticism?
You looking to start another sim war, mines better than yours bullshite.
They all have their good n bad points imo, and there's no such thing as the perfect sim, never will be. If you want that feeling of "perfect" spend big bucks buy a GT3 and go racing, it puts sims into perspective...high tech games.
No war ;) just arguments ;) ofcourse if you like skiing on iR so enjoy it :D

I'm playing in 4k, and cpu is important for AI, GPU is important for graphics. Night and rain while solo drops me down to 40fps using the same settings that yield me 70+ fps during daytime conditions.
Good for you that you are happy with how it looks on your system, but I'm not.
Well, if you are trying to run it at 4k/60 with a single 1080, then it really is no wonder you're suffering from framerate drops. That's not a reasonable resolution for a single 1080, that's more of a 1440p card with maybe some exceptions.
But whatever, you're clearly not interested in advice.

Weird that every other game I own I can maintain 60fps on high settings at 4k, guess I am just lucky with them. Also weird that it is pretty much the only game that has 40+ fps swings depending on conditions, but again, whatever.
And your advice was what exactly? Lower the resolution and not care that the game looks ugly less than ideal? Or was your advice to throw another grand at my PC for this one game? Either way, sorry, not that interested.
Anybody know the PC specs that was used to create this vid?

@RowanH Noisy? Sure. But the cars sound very "unhealthy" in the game, if you know what I mean. I'm talking about the nature of the sounds so to speak, not about the noises being loud and there being lots of them.

But whatever, it was just something that was on my mind ever since I first played ACC, and the video reminded me of that again.
I think it's just horses for courses mate, I personally love them. I think it helps put it almost on par with RRRE with everything that's going on in the cockpit (sound wise). Can you not just tune them out in the volume/audio settings?

Weird that every other game I own I can maintain 60fps on high settings at 4k, guess I am just lucky with them. Also weird that it is pretty much the only game that has 40+ fps swings depending on conditions, but again, whatever.
And your advice was what exactly? Lower the resolution and not care that the game looks ugly less than ideal? Or was your advice to throw another grand at my PC for this one game? Either way, sorry, not that interested.
Anybody know the PC specs that was used to create this vid?

If you want to maintain 60 fps with a single 1080 at 4k, try dropping the resolution scale to about 80 to minimum 75 based on your preference, have Temporal AA on epic, go to advanced video options and turn on temporal upsampling. There should be minimal image quality drop (IMO I couldn't notice anything yuge, maybe noticeable at licking distance to the monitor) but will get you massive framerate gain. Maybe dropping PP and Shadows to mid as well just in case, can leave pretty much everything else on epic. Try it and see if it works.

I'm playing in 4k, and cpu is important for AI, GPU is important for graphics. Night and rain while solo drops me down to 40fps using the same settings that yield me 70+ fps during daytime conditions.
Good for you that you are happy with how it looks on your system, but I'm not.
Considering that I would be a weapon to other players in the rain at night it is probably a blessing in disguise that I won't be able to.
I really hate how amazingly realistic the game looks until you notice more 'apps' and such on the screen than a NFS game. Kinda weird how this community will damn near get into fistfights over the simulation value of a tires lateral grip yet nobody cares about all the completely unrealistic junk that covers a third of the screen.

Anyways, I'm personally looking forward to driving all the cars at Brands Hatch at the end of next month. Can't wait!
Those sound like bitter words.

With regards to the arcadish HUD just cycle trough it to Blank option. It's either none, just like in real cars, or accept the information is useful. No argument there right?

With regards to making 2160p60 on other games, perhaps other games aren't simulating 20+ agents which leads to yep your frametime drops are probably CPU related. Is there room for improvement? Surely as with all software systens. Has Kunos an history of dropping the ball or not continuosly improve their games? Just a layman's opinion here but I don't think so.

Have you tried downscaling the game a bit and fiddle with temporal up sampling? What is the pixel density of your resolution/display? Doesn't 4K on smaller than 40'' panels feel too sharp and irrealistic to you?

That's why I asked. And if it is not then you have bigger problems than your graphics Nirvana. Input lag, probably VA smearing from crappy pixel response times just to name a few. But I just realized you are in for the kill and throw some darts. Knock yourself out. Take care.
Partial off topic, been thinking about getting a 28" 4k monitor, mostly due to work (lots of charts and numbers on the screen), do everything get too small then with this screen size? You have experience with these?

For me the the sweet spot for close range general purpose usage is 27'' 1440p (~109 pixels per inch). I'd say that 2160p at 28'' is too much although modern Operative Systems support DPI scaling. The thing is that with Windows 10 for instance some applications don't properly support DPI scaling (let's say as an example that you would be using 4K but with a 150% scaling to make it more comfortable). For charts and numbers I'd go with a 34'' 3440x1440p. I particularly like the LG 34UC88 which will be discontinued so the price is attractive and has the slight edge of supporting Freesync at a maximum of 75Hz (apparently G-sync Compatible as well although not certified by NVIDIA). I have some curiosity on how would this display behave for gaming (5ms GTG response time advertised although in practice very few display honour their numbers). If I can help with any other opinion DM' me so we don't pollute this thread.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back