Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Take a first look at the upcoming Aston Martin V12 Vantage and the mighty Spa Francorchamps circuit soon to arrive in Assetto Corsa Competizione.

Aston Martin are an incredible brand that are synonymous with endurance racing, just like the fabled Spa circuit in Belgium. These two pieces of content will be coming to Assetto Corsa Competizione once full version one status is achieved this May 29th, and thanks to having access to the press build during our recent adventures at Monza, we thought it might be nice to give you a look at what the content has in store once it hits the public build of the simulation.

Over the next few days we will be showcasing some gameplay footage from a variety of new pieces of content.

Want to see Brands Hatch, Barcelona, the new Lexus, some Porsche action and plenty more? Stay tuned to our subscribe and like our RaceDepartment YouTube channel over the next week for a new content video per day!

Happy Easter folks!

Assetto Corsa Competizione is currently in Steam Early Access

For more ACC news, head over to the Assetto Corsa Competizione sub forum and stay in touch with the latest happenings regarding this new sim. To join in the track action, why not register to participate in one of our regular ACC club events? Head over to the ACC Racing Club and sign up today!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

32" 1440p 144 hz is a good option too, dpi is still ok for working on doc, pictures etc, refresh rate is great for gaming, plus you don't need a high end graphic card to play on a 1440p monitor.
About refresh rate, for me, 100 Hz is enough.
If only i could find a 4k monitor for working, with 100 Hz to play ;)

We are a bit off topic ^^
Can't wait to drive the AMG, Porsche, NSX and the new Bentley, and i forgot the Lexus too ;)

Nice, Paul! I personally think a can't handle these conditions, no way to get a good pace for me.
Yeah I agree, everyone always says... Rain, Rain, I need Nighttime and Rain.!!!!!! Well other than I few laps to see how it was, I could enjoy this racing ...LOL! But it looks like the best rain effects I've ever seen in a game

32" 1440p 144 hz is a good option too, dpi is still ok for working on doc, pictures etc, refresh rate is great for gaming, plus you don't need a high end graphic card to play on a 1440p monitor.
About refresh rate, for me, 100 Hz is enough.
If only i could find a 4k monitor for working, with 100 Hz to play ;)
32'' 1440p has roughly the same DPI as 24'' 1080p which already feels aliased to me. For gaming I guess it is interesting. The high refresh rate is again more of a fallacy because monitors get close to their advertised response times at their maximum refresh rate but hardly you would play a AAA game without glitches at 1440p144 or even 1440p120. In the case of ACC I feel that with ultra settings (and some you don't need to be on Ultra, it's a matter of playing with the Free Cam and understanding the trade offs) you can get stable 80fps on 2560x1440p.
If I saw on the market a monitor that can do stable 10ms response times (only premium displays like PG279Q do but facing IPS panel lottery) to run at 100Hz and the game properly pumping 100fps+20% then I guess that would be my thing yes.

32'' 1440p has roughly the same DPI as 24'' 1080p ... .
I came from two 24" 1080p, so DPI is ok for me, even, if i suppose that 4k is greater for photography editing.
Now i own a samung C32HG70, out of box delta E is great for photography (less than 2 or 3 on my monitor)
I can play ACC at 80 + fps, on ultra. As far i can see 100hz is a really plus for gaming, but 144hz isn't necessary.
I guess that a 4k 75hz, should be enough, for both working, editing photography, and gaming.

For me the the sweet spot for close range general purpose usage is 27'' 1440p (~109 pixels per inch). I'd say that 2160p at 28'' is too much although modern Operative Systems support DPI scaling. The thing is that with Windows 10 for instance some applications don't properly support DPI scaling (let's say as an example that you would be using 4K but with a 150% scaling to make it more comfortable). For charts and numbers I'd go with a 34'' 3440x1440p. I particularly like the LG 34UC88 which will be discontinued so the price is attractive and has the slight edge of supporting Freesync at a maximum of 75Hz (apparently G-sync Compatible as well although not certified by NVIDIA). I have some curiosity on how would this display behave for gaming (5ms GTG response time advertised although in practice very few display honour their numbers). If I can help with any other opinion DM' me so we don't pollute this thread.
Thanks, but these 1440p ultra wide are too expensive. 28" 4k is mostly because of the price :D

One thing that impresses me the most is the lighting. Although GT Sport never really interested me I always felt it had the best lighting in the business. Not always the most beautiful ambience (Forza Horizon 4 for instance) is the one that feels the most realistic. That degree of washed out necessary to make it believable... Early ACC builds felt a bit numb and couldn't really represent an edge over other titles but now feels really immersive. Also this capture feels like flawless fps, no perceptible full grid frametime drops. This sort of drugs shouldn't be legal. One month and counting... Zen 2 is also waiting to pair up.

No war ;) just arguments ;) of course if you like skiing on iR so enjoy it :D
I tried iR yrs ago couldn't believe how much black ice was in the track surface, never been back.
As far as arguments go, everyone is allowed to have an opinion, it's surprising how many here don't proof read their statements and end up starting SimWars, this isn't directed at you, I'm just putting it out there.

Looks amazing, but sadly another nail in the coffin for VR users.
Tried the latest update and it's still not even close to being ready.
8086K @ 5.3Ghz all cores, 2080ti. - medium/low settings and 1.2 SS and still a 'muddy mess'.

I only race in VR, there's no going back to triples unfortunately.
Hopefully eye-tracking and foveated rendering will come in the next few years, but even then I won't hold my hopes for ACC being right for VR.

Thanks for sharing though, gorgeous for monitor users

Heads up folks - McLaren at Brands Hatch video is now live :)

something came to my mind, when Paul hit the #12 from behind and it said in the subtitles that he got a penalty: During the Blancpain race broadcasts you often hear the race director ( i think Alan Adam?) making announcements about penalties and countdowns during FCYs or safety car procedures. Now I don't know if the drivers hear his announcements, but if so, it would be great for immersion to have those announcements in ACC! ATM, I don't know anything about penalties during the races since I always drive in "blank-mode".

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.