You quite rightly say the graphics are decent, they are, I'd like those who are seeing something different to explain what they are seeing? In 4k there really isn't much to separate this game from the rest.
Try it in anything lower than that, and add an ultrawide aspect ratio, you'll understand. I play in 2560x1080, which isn't properly supported. The menu and UI elements are stretched in a way I've last seen in Race07. Nothing scales appropriately, even the team radio subs are distorted. Also the FOV is crazy high, as I guess it's baked for 16:9 screens.

Someone else mentioned, that Hungary Speedway is the only fictional track. Should there be any in an official title, especially if there are such few tracks in the series? And wouldn't it have to be highlighted in the advertisement campaign?

Hungary Speedway is the only fictional track (they could not license Hungaroring, apparently) The rest of the championship tracks are: Misano, Nürburgring, Slovakia Ring, Most, Zolder, Le Mans and Jarama. There are also 6 other real tracks: Laguna Seca, COTA, Canadian Tire, Fuji, Buenos Aires (Autódromo Oscar y Juan Gálvez) and Winton.

What!? Really!? Cool. I might pick up for that alone :D

I’m more excited to see Winton in a game. Content wise, the game is quite interesting. Definitely will pick it up in a sale.

I don’t think it’s fair to compare to the trucks in AMS as the European trucks are designed differently to the Brazilian counterparts. If I’m not wrong, the Brazilian used street tires in AMS along with other cost cutting measure to keep it more accessible for the local teams. I would assume the European trucks to be more race prepped than the Brazilian that feels more like a drifting behemoth road truck on track day. Perhaps I am wrong but this isn’t GT3 in a game compared to another.

To be honest, I really don’t care if it’s arcade or sim. As long as the driving is enjoyable and I am fine with it.

If more games from Bigben refuse to acknowledge the American playerbase of their games by allowing US units of measure for everything, I'm done. I don't like it when racing game devs don't allow US measurement units.

What.......No first person view ??????????
why is the trucks steering wheel not in center of the screen.it is super annoying, especially if you have a sim setup. This game doesnt have first person view at all. A driver doesnt sit in the middle of the truck with the steering wheel to the left. I really dont get it ?????? Will there be a fix or should I refund?

That is one STEAM "review". Omg, is he joking or what ? Really ?

If more games from Bigben refuse to acknowledge the American playerbase of their games by allowing US units of measure for everything, I'm done. I don't like it when racing game devs don't allow US measurement units.
You can always move to Europe. You're more than welcome. :D
Then playing this game (FIA European Truck Racing Championship) would make sense for you. Finally. :)

Well,

I'm disappointed I think.

I was semi interested in this, and thought id give it a go, but I cant say as I feel the same now, having seen videos and having read and taken on board certain bits and pieces of information.

Yes I know, there's no substitute for actually "playing"

However:

My interest in the subject matter is extremely low to non existent if im honest, and I was merely basing my original thoughts about it, on my few times of having seen trucks racing, and having played them in AMS, (although im sure I also remember doing it years back in one of the "race driver" games...2 I think..) even then, I don't play them all that often

however, I don't think there's enough to tempt me. it looks "ok" at best, the addition of a fictional track in an official game, aswell as the addition of tracks not even in the calendar or even in Europe,in an official game, puzzles me (outside of a vague attempt at seemingly attracting others to buy, who normally wouldn't) like I say, I'm not that interested in the sport (which although isn't necessary, I feel it does help in situations like this)

The price is also a little steep for my tastes, considering id play it for about 5 minutes, and I paid less for ACC and am much much more into that and what it offers me and how I feel when I play it..

also, having to have a female American on the radio annoys me,

But to all those who have it and enjoy it, fair play, you carry on. everybody has different tastes and I guess mine don't really stretch to this

Last edited:
Here's a wet race in Career mode at Misano. Other than the track looking wet the conditions don't seem to impact the player truck much, there is no rain as such (from what I've seen so far) despite the game having working wipers.

The Career AI trucks at the professional level are to slow, I super pole qualified first with a 2.12 lap and the fastest AI truck running 2.18, in the qualifying order race I just disappeared into the distance. I think most people here would find the same issue, these are not difficult laptimes to achieve.

Luckily the career mode mixes things up with 2 reverse grid races per weekend, as shown in the video I started 8th in this race and had to fight my way through the pack. The racing itself is good enough, the AI make mistakes and attempt to recover, they fight for position but there is no outright ramming as in some games. The penalty system with penalty posts and track cutting work well (i finish 2nd in this race because I was rightly given a 3-second penalty for leaving the track after the 2nd to last corner - it was worth the last corner effort but the game caught me!

There is also a bug where FFB is lost after a drive-through penalty when control is returned to the player the FFB is light in the middles of the wheel and heavy only at the extreme end of the rotation. A game pause and wheel reset cleared the issue.

The career elements such as earning money, prestige and team morale all look good but are not fully implemented in the first season (weekend to weekend contract) so I haven't seen the truck upgrading system in action yet. However, unless there is a higher AI difficulty to unlock upgrading the truck isn't going to mean much.

it's definitely a niche game and I absolutely agree it too expensive at full price on PC and consoles, there isn't enough content to justify a full-price game. However, it's available for less than half price already in some places and at £20 there is enough difference to make it worth a look.

Faced with some controversy about the game, I decided to test it without being too demanding (highlight - without being too demanding). I have tested for 90 minutes mainly looking at overall quality, simulation and just fun. Unfortunately it was easy to decide: not worth the price charged. Maybe half or a quarter. Worse, they promised the Indianapolis circuit to test for a week. They did not keep the promise. I am very sorry because the market is lacking in this sector. Only AMS is acceptable when the subject is truck.

1563544202-mph.png

Seems kinda unfair to criticize the FFB, only to then admit you've actually been using an unsupported wheel. Yes, the FFB will likely not be great on supported wheels either, but still.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back