FFGSC Season 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
No idea for the lack of speed, despite our heavy focus on race pace. I can only apologize to Manolis and Damian and try to once again switch our approach for next round.

so, as we're going to a complete new track for the next round everyone goes in practically blind. as i made the track i want to rule out any doubt of an unfair advantage so here's an in-depth guide about keimola:

View attachment 318843
the keimola motor stadium is a 3.3 kilometer high speed circuit consisting of only 8 corners. located north west of the finnish capital of helsinki the track never hosted an f1 race, although it did host a few formula 2 races with racing icons like jim clark, jack brabham and graham hill participating. the karting track located north of the circuit also marked the start of mika hakkinen's racing career.

the circuit features a 1 km long main straight, as well as plenty of elevation changes in the latter part of the lap. top speeds will be around 320 kp/h, with laps in qualifying being around a minute.

View attachment 318842
Turn 1: a medium-fast double-apex right hander, at the start of the race cars are able to go 3-wide aiming for a good exit onto the 2nd straight. As the main straight is a kilometer long it gives plenty of overtaking opportunities. the braking zone is pretty short so if you get along side on the straight you'll get easily past, but if you wan't to out-brake someone going into this corner the defending driver may be able to use the width of the track to stay on the outside and come out in front again at corner exit.

View attachment 318841
2nd straight and turn 2:
although the 2nd straight is much shorter than the main straight, a good exit out of turn 1 gives another great opportunity to overtake going into turn 2. even though this left hander is similar in characteristics to turn 1, the actual turn is tighter. an attacking driver who's able to get the inside line will most likely end up in front going into the next series of corners, but again defending drivers may be able to stay on the outside and try their luck going into turn 3.

View attachment 318840
Forest section:
the forest section, and also the 2nd sector of the track, has a feeling similar to the old hockenheimring, with the cars flying past the trees closely surrounding the circuit here. turn 3 and 4 form a double apexed right-hander, where the cars will go around at medium speed, cars who've been able to stay at the outside of turn 2 have an opportunity to get ahead at the entry of turn 3, but afterwards no more proper overtaking opportunities will come up. turn 3 and 4 may prove tricky for the drivers, as missing the apex of turn 3 may results in the car understeering off and sliding through the grass into the wall. at the exit of turn 4 drivers will use as much of the exitkerb as possible to go as fast as they can through turn 5, which is more of a bend than an actual turn. turn 6 is by far the most difficult corner of the track, as the road goes upwards at entry and downwards at exit. and even though this transition is very smooth on the racing line, cars who understeer just a bit wide will hit a bump causing the car to spin out. it's key for the drivers to make 0 mistakes going through this corner, as a spin here may prove fatal, especially early on in the race.

View attachment 318839
Hairpin

turn 7 is practically the exit of turn 6, with the track going downhill into the hairpin. as the corners follow eachother in quick succession drivers try to line up to get the best exit out of the hairpin, don't expect any overtaking here unless a driver makes a mistake. in the very early stages of the race the tight packed field may bunch up at the entry of turn 8, which can cause drivers at the back of the field to lose large amounts of time to the drivers at the front. the exit of turn 8 features a large kerb and plenty of run-off which allows the drivers to go on the power early and get as much speed going up the hill again onto the main straight

hopefully this guide is detailed enough for everyone to come up a good working setup, so we can have a fun and above all fair race :)
Brilliant work on the track mate :thumbsup:

Do you have permissions for a public release too, since I guess some of the objects/textures come from other tracks?

Brilliant work on the track mate :thumbsup:

Do you have permissions for a public release too, since I guess some of the objects/textures come from other tracks?
all objects are either self made, from the original base track (monza) or imported from other tracks out of the original game (i think hockenheim and hungaroring) , no 3rd party objects are involved in this one :) would need a lot more work for a public release though, even if it's fit to use for this series, for me it's far from "finished"

all objects are either self made, from the original base track (monza) or imported from other tracks out of the original game (i think hockenheim and hungaroring) , no 3rd party objects are involved in this one :) would need a lot more work for a public release though, even if it's fit to use for this series, for me it's far from "finished"
Nice :)

Honestly, I think for a beta release it's perfectly fine already.

Lesley made it, Tobi has a copy for testing purposes.

And I have it to make videos :D

But yeah, awesome work @Lesley Buurlage, I had to mute my talking cause quality was 0/10, but I'm really looking forward to seeing your work continue, it looks great now and will be a top quality effort once you're done I'm sure.

And for everyone else, this was run as a straight race session, so the quali results are a bit weird, but otherwise this was using the same performance values as the Suzuka round. Use that as you may.

Marketplace will still close at 9am Saturday AEST. Feel free to change your buys if you see the need.

Lesley made it, Tobi has a copy for testing purposes.

And I have it to make videos :D

But yeah, awesome work @Lesley Buurlage, I had to mute my talking cause quality was 0/10, but I'm really looking forward to seeing your work continue, it looks great now and will be a top quality effort once you're done I'm sure.

And for everyone else, this was run as a straight race session, so the quali results are a bit weird, but otherwise this was using the same performance values as the Suzuka round. Use that as you may.

Marketplace will still close at 9am Saturday AEST. Feel free to change your buys if you see the need.
good to see so many overtakes happening throughout the race and throughout the field, had a slight worry that with the cars having around equal performances they wouldn't have enough overspeed to get past eachother. even at the top it was staying very close so a good practice, now hoping the actual race will be just as good

Last edited:
TIM TO THE TOP
PV7bq7KXq2.png

Tim Engberink broke through for his first pole position as he continues to chase for points as well this season. The Keranen Motorsport driver just edged out Jordan Bradford in the SNL #33 entry, while a surprise second row will consist of Hugo Rossello for Optima and Damian Son for Challenger.
Team bosses Aidan Keranen and Oorjit Mishra will be on row three, while it's a home race for Dani Tottos and Falcon, starting from seventh. Luke Rosella gives himself a strong shot at reducing the defecit to Joseph Wright in the championship, the Australian will be eighth, while his British rival will in fact be directly behind him in tenth. Ben Utzer splits the pair.
A dismal showing from Nathan Cornes may well impact his run for third, likewise Matt Bailey and Stephan Bohner also find themselves in no mans land at a crucial period for their overall positions.

FFGSC Hungarian Sprint

ROSSELLO STUNS FOR WIN
CxPZ05WS4A.png

Hugo Rosello put in a stunning race to pick up victory in Hungary. Starting from third, the Frenchman wasn't expected to go quite so close to victory, but put in a steady drive to come home by over 11 seconds from Damian Son, an equally surprising result for him and the Challenger team.
SNL Motorsport tightened their grip on the championship with a third/fourth finishing combination, Bradford leading his teammate. With Prifelli having a disastrous day, Bailey retiring while Rosella was a lap down, the Dutch team have begun to pull away from their Australian rivals.
Ben Utzer led a triple top 10 for Falcon in their home race, with Tottos and Rinneaho chasing in eighth and tenth respectively. Tim Engberink was sixth for his first points of the season, while Jack Laskey and Oorjit Mishra also scored.
Next race will be from the 'new' Keimola track in Finland.

HARVEY SNATCHES FINNISH POLE
4Ct8epYk3u.png

Daniel Harvey steered his DTK Racing #43 to his first pole for the first race in Finland. With no previous data to rely on, teams have opted for a variety of different setups to try to combat the Keimola circuit, with Harvey's approach working the best, while also setting a faster lap time than that of Kyalami by nearly four seconds.
Oorjit Mishra led the continued resurgence of Team Optima with second on the grid, while Jordan Bradford and James McNamara line up on row two. Tim Engberink leads the way for the Finnish contingent, driving for Keranen Motorsport, with team boss Aidan Keranen languishing in 18th, while home driver Tapio Rinneaho will start ninth for his first home race in combined FFG competition.
Jack Laskey made it two DTKs in the top ten in 6th, while Damian Son backed up his strong Hungarian result with another strong effort. Nathan Cornes was 8th for 2KF1, while championship leader Joseph Wright has some work to do from tenth place.
Another rough session for Prifelli Racing as Matt Bailey led the way from 11th, while Luke Rosella is watching his championship asperations disappear as he starts in 21st.

FFGSC Finnish Sprint

LASKEY FIRST TO FINNISH
ZiBFG4g3D7.png

Jack Laskey took the first victory on Finnish soil, holding out a determined James McNamara, and in turn bringing his and DTK Racing's first victory of the season. Making a move from sixth on the grid, the British driver got towards the front early and held his nerve through differing strategies to take the win. Joining them on the podium was Joseph Wright, the SNL Motorsports driver finding himself just 5 points from championship glory, currently holding a 46 point lead over Luke Rosella who failed to score for the third consecutive race. Rosella can't afford anything less than two victories in the fifth round (Britain and Belgium), while a lone seventh or an eighth and tenth from the final two races will see Wright across the line.
Aidan Keranen took fourth in a secondary home race, with Keranen Motorsport also grabbing a seventh through Tim Engberink. Tapio Rinneaho was ninth, giving the Finnish fans in attendance something to cheer for.
Elsewhere in the ten, Damian Son took a fifth to go with his second in Hungary, while Jordan Bradford also helped SNL to the cusp of the Teams Championship. Matt Bailey's eighth wasn't enough to stem the slump for Prifelli, who are currently in danger of being caught by Falcon, while Jason Lutz took his first point since second in South Africa.
Round results out tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back