FFGSC Season 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
The first round already provided quite some on the edge racing, wet, slippery, overtakes, contact, mistakes, this tastes like more :thumbsup: Too bad time constraints don't allow for the full races like with FFG, the accelerated time on the session is a slight bummer :(

Unlike my team mate(s), I can't complain really, the setups were a gamble right at the start of this new discipline and the new car and team, but I eventually found my rythm and the pit stops (strategy) worked in my favour. Happy with the points finishes, but wished I could have gotten some skill bonus out of it damnit lol

Last edited:
I'm watching the stats of the car and Prifelli went half/half on everything also Matt, not a bad tactics it seems
That was a 100% deliberate tactic after many hours of careful thought. It was definitely not due to me not fully understanding exactly what characteristics the tracks we were racing on needed or due to a lack of preparation at all! :roflmao::roflmao::laugh::laugh::whistling::whistling: ahhhh </sarcasm>

But seriously, sometimes a little luck can go a long way :D

There's an error in the entries post, managers are shown to have 80 skill (or 100 in Matt's case), and this is naturally incorrect as managers have a base of 60 skill instead of 80.

It's rectified for next time but I won't update it again this week :thumbsup:

SNL TURN UP STATESIDE
ok9tqS4RmQ.png

Joseph Wright has led SNL Motorsport to a surprising front row effort at Indianapolis. The two Brits were in fine form, as Wright and Jordan Bradford keep the Falcon duo of Utzer and Tottos to battle out from the second row, while championship leader Matt Bailey could only hold onto the third row. With the second Prifelli of Luke Rosella in ninth, there's a strong chance for some points to be made up against the rampaging black and gold cars.
Team Optima also have two cars in seventh and eighth, while their third car is eleventh, and the Indian team are holding out for a good result finally.

FFGSC United States Sprint

PERFECT CONVERSION FOR SNL
GkPfi7LulP.png

The Double Js have made a big statement to the FFGSC field, converting their dominant qualifying performance into a just as dominant race result. However they didn't have it all their own way, with Dani Tottos giving them some grief early on, until an oil leak in his Falcon ended what was looking to be a possible boilover. With little resistance left, the Prifellis made their way up the field, with Luke Rosella comfortably out pacing his boss for the final step.
Further back, Utzer held onto fifth for Falcon on a disappointing day, with Hugo Rossello taking a strong sixth for Optima.

Last edited:
ROSELLA TAKES CANADA POLE
p1X3eqEctu.png

Luke Rosella continues his fine form as he searches to hit the peak of the championship. The Australian took a narrow result ahead of a stirring performance from BRT boss Tobi Kederer. Right behind though, a showing of orange with both SNL cars and the 2KF1 of Nathan Cornes as well, hopefully something to provide a good day of racing.
However those skies are sure looking dark..

FFGSC Canadian Sprint

ROSELLA TAKES CHAMPIONSHIP LEAD
EcGhw9v5Lp.png

Luke Rosella will lead the championship after the second round of races in North America. From pole position, the Australian had heavy pressure from Nathan Cornes while Tobi Kederer also was in strong form as they tried to deny him the position of being the first multiple winner in the championship. It would be for nothing however, the Prifelli driver will therefore hold a slender 2 point advantage from Joseph Wright, while also leading the round by just 3 point courtesy of his third in the US compared to Wright's fourth place here.
Cornes and Kederer both kickstarted their championships with a trip to the podium, while the under the radar approach of Falcon continues with Tottos and Utzer again in the upper midfield fight taking fifth and sixth. Team Optima closed out the round with double points in ninth and tenth.

Last edited:
Great race for the whole of SNL at the US couldn't fault it. Joseph had some great speed. Canada wasn't as fortunate for us but just happy we picked up points and stayed out of trouble. Onto the next one.

Not good, 13th and 15th *sigh* one silver lining though; the opening lap(s) at Indianapolis, from 20th to 9th of the 1st lap and 8th on 2nd lap...need to exploit that further in the upcoming races :sneaky:

Not great in qualy at the States, though Damian snatched some points. Much better in Canada but the rain seems to have screwed our chances once again. We´ll need to adjust our approach. The guys did as good a job as they could, no complaints there.

ROSELLA TAKES LEAD AS SNL MAKES MOVE
SCETvrjvpx.png

Luke Rosella found himself leading the drivers championship and Prifelli will continue to lead the teams as well after the second round of races in the FFGSC. While the Australian team will no doubt be happy with the efforts, they didn't have it their own way in North America as SNL Motorsport took the honours for the best team result by a single point, possibly paving the way for a two way shootout for the next 6 races.
Falcon Motorsport had another otherwise successful round, holding third overall and picking up some bonus performance as it looks to keep up with the leaders. Most of the other teams had varying levels of results, with all teams scoring but few giving consistent efforts outside of the top 3.
Next round will see the series head to Asia with the Indian and Japanese Sprints.

Deadline for setups and any new cars/helmets will be Saturday 9am AEST. We had more than a handful forget or send late, please be on time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back