Feldbergring

Tracks Feldbergring 1.4

Login or Register an account to download this content
Apologies if my initial question threw the thread off topic but it was a genuine one about Feldbergring. I recently looked into modifying the headlights of some mod cars and was messing around with the lights patch files assuming I could adjust them from there only to find out it is part of the car mod (lights.ini or something, packed in the data.acd or kn5) I have never messed with any track files so had no idea whether it was a lights patch or track specific thing that would make lights like fires or lit windows possible at Feldbergring (my query is specific to this track really) so I posted here and in the lights patch thread on the AC forum. I wasn't sure if it was A. something I could do for myself already in the lights patch settings B. something the track maker would have to do or C. something that would have to be implemented by x4fab in which case I would post over there to see if it has crossed his mind to add flickering lights.

Hello there, I'm Albs, the creator of Assetto Corsa Wet Mod. I totally love your track and it's the first mod track I try the wet textures on! I know that I'm not supposed nor allowed to modify/upload any part of the track without permission.... so here I am, asking you the permission to create a mod for Feldberg Wet (I also made an optional autumn skin for grass & trees). The mod would require the original track in order to work, so It would just be an extension, and of course, If you don't give me permission this track will just stay on my pc forever and will not be relased.

Let me know! And give us another track with this outstanding quality!

feldberg_1.jpg

feldberg_2.jpg

feldberg_3.jpg

feldberg_4.jpg

feldberg_5.jpg

feldberg_6.jpg

Are you kidding me?? That looks absolutely stunning!!

It is a "yes... PLEASE!!" :thumbsup::thumbsup::inlove:
THANKS a lot! You won't be disappointed, this is may be the best looking wet tarmac I got so far and the physics too are really enjoyable, the wet cobble is a car killer!

Hello there, I'm Albs, the creator of Assetto Corsa Wet Mod. I totally love your track and it's the first mod track I try the wet textures on! I know that I'm not supposed nor allowed to modify/upload any part of the track without permission.... so here I am, asking you the permission to create a mod for Feldberg Wet (I also made an optional autumn skin for grass & trees). The mod would require the original track in order to work, so It would just be an extension, and of course, If you don't give me permission this track will just stay on my pc forever and will not be relased.

Let me know! And give us another track with this outstanding quality!

feldberg_1.jpg

feldberg_2.jpg

feldberg_3.jpg

feldberg_4.jpg

feldberg_5.jpg

feldberg_6.jpg
Is there any way to get physical puddles in your wet mod like at Goodwood? Some proper puddles at the bottom of that hill and dotted around the track would be awesome!

I just had my first go with the wet mod tracks at Brands Indy and the grip seemed fairly consistent, feels a bit like 8x% grip. Is there any grip variation on the road or is it the same throughout?

Are you kidding me?? That looks absolutely stunning!!

It is a "yes... PLEASE!!" :thumbsup::thumbsup::inlove:
You keep impressing me.
First off, your track is one of the best I've ever seen in a title.
Now, your ability to appreciate the work of others solely for the sake of simracing and simracers in general. It 'speaks' volumes.
At a time when some modders would have let ego dictate their position, here you are...without hesitation...giving permission to alter your work for the benefit of all.
Thanks David.

Last edited:
You keep impressing me...first with your work....and now your ability to appreciate the work of others, solely for the sake of simracing and simracers in general.
At a time when many other modders would have let ego dictate their position, here you are...without hesitation...giving permission improvement to benefit all.
Thanks David.

I was going to post something similar. You've said it better then I could so I'll just quote you.
Cheers guys.:thumbsup:

Edit Just noticed that the quote is all messed up lol. It seems the quoting has a life of it's own. :D

Last edited:
It was a pretty easy decision to make, to be honest. The screenshots looked amazing and from a purely selfish point-of-view, it is something I would love to use in AC myself. When @Albs can do it this well, why would I even try?

I haven't had time to try the wet version out yet (as I am in 'full-on-excited-mode' over a new track for AC :inlove:) but I will certainly be giving it a go over the weekend :thumbsup:

Added feldberg wet road effect to BLM Lights. Put it in apps\python\BLMLights\settings
Superb work guys! But should the entry for feldberg in the wet_config file be spelt as "feldberg" and not "felberg"? And should it also include cobbles and footpaths so it looks like:

[feldberg]
MATERIALS = road?, edges, cobbles, footpath

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes