Fanatec Podium DD2 FFB Settings - After December Update

Hi there fellow racers!

I decided to create a little guide on Steam with the settings that I am using now in Raceroom.
After the December update I have to re-do them all so it is a good chance to start tuning them up again from zero and to share them with you.

For all the different sections I use the Fanatec Podium DD2 Wheel Base combined with the Clubsport Pedals V3, Clubsport Shifter SQ 1.5 and Clubsport Handbrake 1.5

I will keep the guide updated for the different rims I have as I get them finished and polished over time.

These aren't the best values, but they are the ones I am getting the best feeling with, based on my experience as an ex-kart racing driver and present car test driver. All the constructive feedback is welcome!

URL -> https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1935858325

I'll just drop this here;

Recommended wheel base settings:

Sensitivity: Auto

Force Feedback: 100

Shock Vib: 100

ABS: 100

Force: 100

Spring: Off

Damper: 100

Allows the game to make full use of the wheel's damping. If you find there is too much, reduce through the game's Force Feedback Damper setting.

Nat Damper: 10

The natural damper will give you an additional damper which you can adjust from OFF to 100. At 100 you will have the strongest dampening effect which reacts to the acceleration and angle of your steering. If you turn it OFF, your steering will have no additional damping, making it easier to turn the wheel. The Natural Damper is a useful setting to reduce unwanted wheel oscillation. Oscillation is typically caused by latency in the feedback loop, and is more apparent in racing games that are not optimised for high-torque motors. The 32 default value of 50 is a good balance between steering responsiveness and oscillation mitigation.

An extra layer of damping which is applied at the wheel, separately to the game. Useful to tune out oscillations but will remove sharpness. I recommend you keep values very small (<10) here.

Natural Friction: 5
From the Fanatec user manual:
The natural damper will give you an additional damper which you can adjust from OFF to 100. At 100 you will have the strongest dampening effect which reacts to the acceleration and angle of your steering. If you turn it OFF, your steering will have no additional damping, making it easier to turn the wheel. The Natural Damper is a useful setting to reduce unwanted wheel oscillation. Oscillation is typically caused by latency in the feedback loop, and is more apparent in racing games that are not optimised for high-torque motors.

Use this value to tune out any oscillations and also to take up any slack/dead feeling around the centre of the wheel travel. I recommend you keep values very small (<10) here.

Brake Force: Max

Force Feedback Intensity: 100

This parameter adjusts the overall intensity of force effects and can make effects smoother: OFF is very smooth while 100 is very sharp and direct. Tuning this parameter can help to refine a harsh or spiky force feedback signal in some games.

I'll just drop this here;

Recommended wheel base settings:

Sensitivity: Auto

Force Feedback: 100

Shock Vib: 100

ABS: 100

Force: 100

Spring: Off

Damper: 100

Allows the game to make full use of the wheel's damping. If you find there is too much, reduce through the game's Force Feedback Damper setting.

Nat Damper: 10

An extra layer of damping which is applied at the wheel, separately to the game. Useful to tune out oscillations but will remove sharpness. I recommend you keep values very small (<10) here.

Natural Friction: 5
From the Fanatec user manual:

Use this value to tune out any oscillations and also to take up any slack/dead feeling around the centre of the wheel travel. I recommend you keep values very small (<10) here.

Brake Force: Max

Force Feedback Intensity: 100

Thank you very much Alex. Your comment is very much appreciated.

I pretty much agree and have similar values for my 'high torque' setting. I actually reduced the Natural Damping to 10 as per your indication. I think it is reasonable.

I have to try the base with the SPR = 0 value and will get back here with my feedback.

As for the BRF = MAX I found myself unable to reach the peak of brake power in a straight line pure braking event so I had to leave it in 50 and I only raise it accordingly if I find myself locking the wheels easier than regularly with a specific car. I guess it depends on the brake configuration of the user (I am using the brake damper + elastomers kit)

The values for the 'low torque' setting in my guide are slightly higher because in order to have a similar feel as the 'high torque' settings. For example NFR = 5 was not possible with the simplified quickrelease, as I found the deadzone around the center very uncomfortable. ( Guess I'll have to order the real quickrelease for my mclaren wheel for christmas! :p )

Thanks for this - will give them a a try out !

You're very much welcome! I await to hear your comments! :)

Thanks @Huete_CR and @Alex Hodgkinson this got me to where I needed to be.

DD1
PC driver: 352
Wheel Base Firmware: 669
Wheel Base Motor Firmware: 38

FANATEC_PROP.jpg
FFB1.jpg
FFB2.jpg

KO

Thanks @Huete_CR and @Alex Hodgkinson this got me to where I needed to be.

DD1
PC driver: 352
Wheel Base Firmware: 669
Wheel Base Motor Firmware: 38

View attachment 339387View attachment 339388View attachment 339389

KO

Thanks to you mate! Those settings look great :) And I'm glad that you found mine useful to create your settings.
I have tested the 0 spring like Alex suggested and I must say the feeling is great. I don't find that I loose any resolution for my high torque settings.
I will be updating the guide with the new values and test yours aswell! That 5% damper has me intrigued haha :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back