F1 Challenge 99 - 02

Im running it on full settings, but for some reason i can only choose 16bit resolutions!
any way i will get comfy later and play a full season on hard mode and no assis :)
Run 3dConfig then, you can change to 32 bit there

Which team? :) As you might have saw in the picture I'm driving for Benetton, only auto clutch on

Played this owsome game from beginning
till codemaster f1 and windows 7 come out
Never got it working on w7 or w8 :(

But now i am ading a second HDD to my 2 game/race systems for XP again
and we will start playing again :) hoping to find the correct season mods

Its working win8 mate.
You can either install it on xp and copy it to win7/8
or run as an admin the exe installer with compatibility mode, and keep clicking on it until it works.

Excuse me, when I want to driving 1997 cars, I've CTD (compatibility has been set to XP SP3).
Here's the trace:
TRACE LEVEL = 2
NetComm.cpp 6949: NetComm checking command line: "-trace=1000"
game.cpp 360: Entered Game::Enter()
osman.cpp 420: Entered OSMan::Enter()
vidman.cpp 928: Entered VidMan::Enter()
specialfx.cp 2798: Entered SpecialFX::Enter()
dynman.cpp 507: Entered DynMan::Enter()
plrfile.cpp 2463: Entered PlayerFile::Enter()
sound.cpp 661: Entered Sound::Enter()
hwinput.cpp 5205: Entered HWInput::Enter()
onscreen.cpp 2604: Entered OnScreen::Enter()
game.cpp 430: Entered Game::Setup()
hwinput.cpp 5225: Entered HWInput::Setup()
options.cpp 1169: Entered Options::Setup()
tire_manager 1080: Non-existent tire brand ""
tire_manager 1080: Non-existent tire brand ""

Hi guys, has anybody tried this game on windows 10?

I recently bought a Lenovo Z51-70 notebook and it was pre-loaded with Windows 10. It has this switchable graphics feature which enables an AMD R9-M75 when games are opened up, but the 3d config never detects the card and the game doesnt even open up. Any ideas?

Thanks.

i seem to have a big problem. i have installed the (illegal download of the spanish) f1 challenge like ages ago and it's completely fine apart from the fact thaat my folder doesn't show up in the save directory, it doesn't exist, just the svm's and the cams file

Hi guys, I've got a problem with F1 Challenge 99-02 on Windows 10. When I use the t-cam there's a bug on the helmet, like in the photo (https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzP9lWZIkImBQzlQUHgwZmpHTnM/view) it's blank in the bottom. Moreover I've got some issues with the PS3 controller set-up, the steering is way too sensitive. How can i fix it?
that bug is a normal thing ,for me at least, but you can fix it by using a cam editing program or editing the default.cfg file which cam be found in the save folder in your f1c 99-02 game folder

I recently bought a Lenovo Z51-70 notebook and it was pre-loaded with Windows 10. It has this switchable graphics feature which enables an AMD R9-M75 when games are opened up, but the 3d config never detects the card and the game doesnt even open up. Any ideas?

Thanks.
I have the exact same problem. Already tried everything. If somebody found a fix please post it.

It is now possible to play F1C in DX11 using dgVoodoo 2 ( http://dege.freeweb.hu/dgVoodoo2/dgVoodoo2.html ), just download dgVoodoo v2.55.4 (or whatever the latest version is) then unzip it and copy all the dll files from MS folder to F1C game root folder.

From my testing with dgVoodoo 2, the original version (without mods) can run in 1080p without any problem (good graphics overall, only very few texture problem, game runs very smooth), just use dgVoodooCpl.exe to set the game resolution.

Some mods still have CTD problem (those with standalone exe, such as CREW F1 seven mod), which I can't find a solution other than running it in win95 compatibility mode (very laggy, mostly unplayable). I have tried a solution found here ( http://forum.race4sim.com/showthread.php?tid=541 ) but provided no use to the CTD problem.

Thanks.
Having an identical issue on my own laptop, tried several solutions outlined around but nothing has worked. Simply tries to load very briefly and then doesn't open. Was cropping up with the 'Did this program run correctly?' message at first but switching to XP compatibility via the troubleshooter did nothing, nor did any other solution I seeked (i.e. using Compatibility Administrator). Prototype C and F1 VB mods have the same issue, and it's actually noticeable with the VB mod since when you try to load a year, it waits for a minute as it usually does but then the mod's menu just pops up again, as if you've closed the game. Anyone have any solutions for both the root game and/or either of these mods? Might just have to try a virtual machine for the game now...

Last edited:
.... Anyone have any solutions for both the root game and/or either of these mods? Might just have to try a virtual machine for the game now...

...Some mods still have CTD problem (those with standalone exe, such as CREW F1 seven mod), which I can't find a solution other than running it in win95 compatibility mode (very laggy, mostly unplayable). I have tried a solution found here ( http://forum.race4sim.com/showthread.php?tid=541 ) but provided no use to the CTD problem.

Hi guys, the MACT solution if made correctly works on win7,8 or 10, maybe you have left some unnecessary/wrong compat. mode on the exe, the game can also crash bc of messed up lines in PLR file etc.
Anyway if you cant get it go this way, the best option is to use fixed multiplayer exe
http://race4sim.com/f1-challenge-99-02-multiplayer-returns-with-fix-by-pietrekk/ , just use it instead of game default exe or standalone mods exe, it should work even without the MACT solution

Last edited:
Hey guys, I've run across a very irritating bug in my game. It seems like the LCD is broken. The active LCD rectangle is off the the left of the actual screen space, and when I cycle through the LCD Modes it just keeps stacking itself upon the previous one, making it very difficult to see. Does anyone have a clue of what might be causing this bug or where in the files I should have a look at? I've tried reinstalling it and everything.

EDIT: It seems like I managed to fix it. I reinstalled it (again) but used a different serial number. I was using the one generated by a program with my download file, when in fact I had to use the one provided in the txt file. I hope talking about pirating a game that's not available for purchase isn't against the rules.

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea