• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

F1 Challenge 99-02

Discussion in 'Other Racing Games' started by Nils Wijk, Aug 12, 2008.

1. Sukra

Sukra

Ratings:
    +0
    I have the exact same problem. Already tried everything. If somebody found a fix please post it.

2. Xiang Zhang

Xiang Zhang

Ratings:
    +21
    It is now possible to play F1C in DX11 using dgVoodoo 2 ( http://dege.freeweb.hu/dgVoodoo2/dgVoodoo2.html ), just download dgVoodoo v2.55.4 (or whatever the latest version is) then unzip it and copy all the dll files from MS folder to F1C game root folder.

From my testing with dgVoodoo 2, the original version (without mods) can run in 1080p without any problem (good graphics overall, only very few texture problem, game runs very smooth), just use dgVoodooCpl.exe to set the game resolution.

Some mods still have CTD problem (those with standalone exe, such as CREW F1 seven mod), which I can't find a solution other than running it in win95 compatibility mode (very laggy, mostly unplayable). I have tried a solution found here ( http://forum.race4sim.com/showthread.php?tid=541 ) but provided no use to the CTD problem.

3. EonLeader

EonLeader

Ratings:
    +0
    Having an identical issue on my own laptop, tried several solutions outlined around but nothing has worked. Simply tries to load very briefly and then doesn't open. Was cropping up with the 'Did this program run correctly?' message at first but switching to XP compatibility via the troubleshooter did nothing, nor did any other solution I seeked (i.e. using Compatibility Administrator). Prototype C and F1 VB mods have the same issue, and it's actually noticeable with the VB mod since when you try to load a year, it waits for a minute as it usually does but then the mod's menu just pops up again, as if you've closed the game. Anyone have any solutions for both the root game and/or either of these mods? Might just have to try a virtual machine for the game now...

Last edited: Mar 16, 2019
  4. skandre7

skandre7

Ratings:
    +1
    Hi guys, the MACT solution if made correctly works on win7,8 or 10, maybe you have left some unnecessary/wrong compat. mode on the exe, the game can also crash bc of messed up lines in PLR file etc.
    Anyway if you cant get it go this way, the best option is to use fixed multiplayer exe
    http://race4sim.com/f1-challenge-99-02-multiplayer-returns-with-fix-by-pietrekk/ , just use it instead of game default exe or standalone mods exe, it should work even without the MACT solution

Last edited: Mar 28, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  5. gabberworld

gabberworld

Ratings:
    +0
    this game and all mods works normally usually if you use win98 mode and with admin rights.

winxp emulator is not best at in win7/8/vista/10 and may give problems

6. lodiped

lodiped

Ratings:
    +1
    Hey guys, I've run across a very irritating bug in my game. It seems like the LCD is broken. The active LCD rectangle is off the the left of the actual screen space, and when I cycle through the LCD Modes it just keeps stacking itself upon the previous one, making it very difficult to see. Does anyone have a clue of what might be causing this bug or where in the files I should have a look at? I've tried reinstalling it and everything.

EDIT: It seems like I managed to fix it. I reinstalled it (again) but used a different serial number. I was using the one generated by a program with my download file, when in fact I had to use the one provided in the txt file. I hope talking about pirating a game that's not available for purchase isn't against the rules.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Haky13hun

Haky13hun

Ratings:
    +1
    I have the same problem as @lodiped , could you drop me a link to your version of the game please? I can't fix the LCD in mine.

• Like Like x 1
  8. skandre7

skandre7

Ratings:
    +1
    @lodiped @Haky13hun Guys we have F1 Challenge 99-02 community on discord, yours issue comes probably from using 16bit ind 3D Confing or old exe, we have fixes for this, we even drive in multiplayer mode without any problems on every Windows, join us - https://discord.gg/6BGj9HE
    Cheers :D

Last edited: Aug 14, 2019 at 00:38
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.