F1 Challenge 99 - 02

Shifter not recognized.
Just downloaded the VB version updated to 21.
Have G27 wheel, Simforge Pedals and VLN Shifter.
Only 2 are recognized. In the control assignment box I can see
the provisions for each gear, butt when assigning them there is no recognition of the shifter.
VLN Shifter works fine in GPL, GTR2 and AC.Anybody had similar issue, and found fix ?
Help appreciated
Ivan

Let me attach a rare video of the 1999 Japanese Grand Prix race here, with excellent camera views on board. Great and natural look. To all Formula1 and F1 Challenge fans

How do I stop all the graphics LOD pop-in?

Search for all the GEN files.

Every word you see ending in -FWB.mts, -FWC.mts, -FWD.mts, -FWS.mts, change it to -FWA.mts (except shadow)

Example with CMT 2020:

Front wing:

Original:
fwaold10.png

Changed to have max quality:
fwanew10.png

Every word you see ending in -RWB.mts, -RWC.mts, -RWD.mts, -RWS.mts, change it to -RWA.mts (except shadow)

Rear wing:

Original:
rwaold10.png

Changed to max quality:
rwanew11.png

Every word you see ending in -VB.mts, -VC.mts, VD.mts, -VS.mts, change it to -VA.mts (except shadow)

Chassis

Original:
vaold11.png

Changed to max quality:
vanew10.png
I did all that and the game still has terrible pop-in. Many parts of the car are still changing as the car gets closer and far away. Parts of the car such as sidepods, suspension arms, brake cooling ducts (completely appearing & disappearing), and the driver's helmet are changing. Do I have to go to other parts of the .gen file and do the same thing (change the last letter to "a" like we did for the front wing, rear wing, etc.)?

UPDATE:
Almost all fixed. Other sections' lines have to be changed to the letter "a" as well. Also, both, the Unique_Logo_Suspension.gen and the Generic_F1.gen must edited. The 1999 Minardi responds to the Unique_Logo_Suspension.gen file but some other cars I tested seemed to respond to the Generic_F1.gen file.

I did all the sections: SLOT<ID> ("va"), SUSPENSION, HELMET, LFTIRE, LFSPINDLE, RFTIRE, RFSPINDLE, LRTIRE, LRSPINDLE, RRTIRE, RRSPINDLE, FWING, RWING. Change all the last letters like in the instructions quoted above to the letter "a" except for the "ShadowObject" lines, I didn't change those as per the instructions. There are two exceptions! If you don't do the following you will crash to desktop when the track finishes loading:
A) don't change the last line (second last line if you include ShadowObject line) in each of the four TIRE sections (LFTIRE, etc.). You must keep it at default letter "d". Eg. tlfd.MTS, trfd.MTS, etc.
B) don't change the very last line of the SUSPENSION section. You must keep it at default letter "b" (suspb.MTS). You can change all the other lines in the tire sections and the suspension sections and don't forget to do all this in both .gen files.

With all of these changes, the entire car (including suspension-arms, sidepods, driver's helmet, tyres) stays at full quality LOD except brake ducks. Brake ducks still completely disappear and reappear depending on distance. How can we fix that?

Hi Christian!

(I apologize for the early, because I use Google translation)
Thanks a lot for the explanations and links to the files. I am using the original game alongside dgVoodoo. I have several questions for you:
1. You write "Search all GEN files". The question is, how many are there in the original game? I found 2 files with this extension: 1-Generic_F1.gen and 2-Unique_Logo_Suspension.gen in the C: \ F1 Challenge 99-02 \ SeasonData \ Vehicles folder

2. You write "Every word you see ending in .......... ( except shadow )" But in the max quality FWing and RWing screenshots the SnadowObject strings are also changed, and in the SlotID screenshot the SnadowObject strings are not changed. It's right? I made changes in these 2 * .gen files as indicated in the "max quality" screenshots. FPS dropped a little, the response also decreased a little, but the quality of the cars does not change, this is very beautiful: thumbsup:
Check out my post above. You'll be happy with the results :)

3. I copied the file mirror.bmp to the C: \ F1 Challenge 99-02 \ SeasonData \ Vehicles folder, but now only in the upper corner I see this very small mirror. How to fix it?View attachment 513543
Go to Microsoft Paint, resize the image so it's exactly either one of the following sizes: 512 x 256, 1024 x 512, or 2048 x 1024, colour the entire image solid black, save it as a bmp file (16 bit or 24 bit, it seems both work). Then paste that file into the season date -> vehicles folder. Then go to every SCN file for every track (SeasonData -> Circuits -> xxx). In each SCN file, you'll see the following line: Size=(128.0, 64.0) Center=(64.0, 32.0). Change the first two numbers (128.0, 64.0) to the exact same resolution of the bmp picture you're using. Eg. Size=(1024.0, 512.0) Center=(64.0, 32.0)

While you're in the SCN file, I advise to also change the top clipplanes (under View=mainview) to 50000 (default is around 1000 or 2000). For example, change ClipPlanes=(1.00, 1800.00) to ClipPlanes=(1.00, 50000.00). Do the same with the bottom clipplanes (under View=rearview) but you don't need 50000 because it's for your rearview mirror only so 1000 or 2000 is probably good enough. For example: change ClipPlanes=(1.00, 150.00) to ClipPlanes=(1.00, 2000.00).

Last edited:
@Spinelli have you managed to run f1c in triple screen?

In the past, i had success using a weird low 3000x400 something 3ple screen resolution in the 3dconfig and then, using dgvodoo, forcing the game to output in 7680x1440. The menus were a little buggy, but overall it worked fine.

Also, you have to edit the fov and seating position via cam files, fov is easy, but seating position is a big hassle as you have to figure it out for each car individually without being able to make live changes.

Last edited:
@Spinelli have you managed to run f1c in triple screen?

In the past, i had success using a weird low 3000x400 something 3ple screen resolution in the 3dconfig and then, using dgvodoo, forcing the game to output in 7680x1440. The menus were a little buggy, but overall it worked fine.

Also, you have to edit the fov and seating position via cam files, fov is easy, but seating position is a big hassle as you have to figure it out for each car individually without being able to make live changes.
Unfortunately, I haven't been able to figure it out still. The seating and view changes is no problem as I'm used to editing text files (been playing ISI sims for 20 years). I really wish I could figure it out. None of the custom EXE files have fixed it.

You can force the resolution via dgvoodoo; choose the higher available triple resolution in the 3dconfig (something super low but that you can multiply it to your current resolution), and in the directx tab in dgvoodoo force your desired resolution. It will work.

Hello today i downloaded the f-1 seven mod (the wole package with all seasons from 1970 to 1981) but the Game starts and crashes after the intro video. Even when i run it in compatibility mode. The vanilla game works perfect without compatibility mode.
There schould be something like a fixed exe made by poochihead but did not find that anywhere

Hello today i downloaded the f-1 seven mod (the wole package with all seasons from 1970 to 1981) but the Game starts and crashes after the intro video. Even when i run it in compatibility mode. The vanilla game works perfect without compatibility mode.
There schould be something like a fixed exe made by poochihead but did not find that anywhere
You have a PM:)

Hello!

F1C is far from dead. What's more, F1 Challenge in these times is as great as in the last year of RaceSimulations.

Poochihead and his guys created an exe that can be run automatically with 4GB patch using all cores. I was the guy who fixed the compatibility problems at the beginning through batched, but the fixes of these guys left my work obsolete.

To get rid of ALL the compatibilities, just use the EXE of these guys in any complete mod.

CMT mods are incomplete. They are in alpha status. The guys there are trying to resurrect. You can see here some progress, here is a list:

View attachment 440284

You can see here a full list of 1983-2021 mods for F1 Challenge. And here, a list of the features:

-All cars of F1 1983-2021 season, with all Race-by-race variants in chassis, wings and helmets;
-All tracks of F1 1983-2021 season recreating the layout of the era, including pit entry and pit exit;
-Accurate sponsors for each circuit, recreating with fidelity the ambient of its era;
-All the main racing drivers of F1 1983-2021 season (substitute drivers and driver changes are not included);
-The pit crews of F1 1983-2021 season;
-The driver suits of F1 1983-2021 season;
-Menus of F1 1983-2021 season;
-Historic Data of the F1 1983-2021 season, which includes drivers, teams and tracks;
-Godzilla's, EMAC's and Ralph Hummerich's game menus, with new game mechanics and improvements;
-Realistic (albeit not accurate) steering wheels for all teams;
-Accessible and usable menu backgrounds for F1 1983-2021 season;
-Team individual engine sounds;
-Moderately realistic engine sounds;
-ISI's audio commentary files (including mute or white noise);
-F11983-2021 season pit order;
-F1 1983-2021 season track order;
-Accurate car physics;
-Correct gearbox configurations for each Formula One car;
-FPS friendly product: reduced polygon cars and no race-by-race stuff;
-Extensively revamped tyre physics;
-Improved AIWs, AI behavior, performance and physics;
-Revised physics, making the mod much more playable for rookies; keep
in mind that car physics have been measured and done by a specialized
engineer in mechanics, helped by a physicist;
-All Pirelli tires compound textures;
-Complete restoration of AI strategy, making this modification as
functional and versatile as the original F1 Challenge '99-'02
videogame in terms of gameplay and availability of options;
-Adjusted engines heating, cooling and wear;
-Adjusted brake properties;
-Extensive calibration to AI behavior;
-Physics sinchronization to guarantee that AI works regardless of weather and difficulty
regardless of the game resolution (maybe except for triple screen);
-Functional tracks with corrected AIWs and working garages;
-Tire logotypes and shape update;
-Correct pit speed trap for every session in the Grand Prix event;
-Tutorials for playing online, video included (special thanks to Mleziva Ricardo);
-Full DX8 and DX9 Support (it may cause some problems on low-cost PCs);
-Non-linear tyre grip and tyre damages through debris;
-All track scenearios redefined to get better FPS with los graphic game settings;
-F1 1983-2021 season scoring system;
-Driving school (eight levels in total);
-New telemetry with more options. It also corrects some bugs from the original version;
-Modified F12K2 file to suit the needs of this season and avoid gameplay issues;
-Drag Reduction System with instructions of how to use it (when available)
DRS is only available in single-player mode. League edition does not have DRS;
-Correct use of tire compounds by the AI;
-Tramsission and engine care information in-game added;
-Four different options for qualifying duration;
-Redefined reliability for the cars that affects player and AI equally;
-Executable file tweaked to have 4 GB patch, multiplayer enabled and allow triple-screen;
-Multi-core and Artificial Intelligence in multiplayer mode added;
-DirectX, FreeTrack, ENBSeries and TrackIR support;
-Old prequalifying and qualifying system from 1950-1995 seasons;
-Race engineer in menu, notes and photos of the cars in setups menu;
-LOG improvements;
-Replay fixes;
-Windows compatibility fixes;
-Multiplayer with AI support;
-Triple Screen Support;
-Pseudo Virtual Reality compatibility support;
-Batch file for create advanced player files through seven different options
(plus one for delete). Special thanks to F1 Superleague and Cristian Luis;
-MACT and WADK compatibility support;
-Online exe by Pietrekk, EvilClip and GoldTime;

Unraced F1 cars:

Ekstrom GP86-01
Trussardi B186
First F189
BMW S192
Bravo S193
March CG911C
Larousse LH95
Dome F105
Lola T97-30
Phoenix AP05
Arrows A23A
Cypher Type1

There is also an early WIP of all 1950-1982 too:

View attachment 440286
All Formula One seasons race by race finished but 1951-1954 and 1963.

Remaining tracks to finish:
Hockenheim 1981 (wip)
Hanoi 2021 (wip by JV)
Silverstone 1994-1996 (Copse)
Anderstorp 1973-1978 (shorter and simpler pit exit)
Buenos Aires 1979-1981 (chicane at the pit entry)
Kyalami 1967 (thighter layout, help for a GPL conversion)
Kyalami 1968-1985 (faster Barbeque bend)
Monaco 1950 (st. devote corner was slightly faster)
Monaco 1968-1971 (the chicane was moved 100 meters closer to tabac)
Monaco 1972 (rework the AIW and cam files)
Nurburgring 1950-1966 (hohenrain chicane doesn't exist)
Reims 1953 (tighter hairpins)
Spa 1970 (Malmedy fast chicane)
Zandvoort 1975-1985 (little chicane at the pit entry)

Formula One circuits with correct sponsors project (from 1975 to 2021. 1999-2020 finished):

Hud project for all seasons: https://wookey.forumotion.com/t1553-new-member-fonts-huds

All pit crew and driver suits from 1950 to 2021 are almost finished by NickF60. https://wookey.forumotion.com/t1565-1950-1987-pit-crew-suits-w-i-p

Mleziva Riccardo brung the online back to life.

Leeching in F1 Challenge (at least in Wookey and CMT) is just non-existent.

What CMT achieved in 2020:

Historical data for all tracks, teams, drivers and events finished. (more than 10.000 files with specific parameters, variables and event triggers).

There is real hope. But there is also more work than hope.

I am currently helping in this project for GPL and F1C:

There is also a project for 8th gear. Hence, their 2020 mod will be a pre-final version. This version will include Quote from them:

"DRS will give more acceleration. I have designed my physics to make it very difficult to accelerate on the last gear in high revs. AI is not affected by this so is like they have DRS. With DRS the player accelerates faster so they can overtake. AI has optimized setup and higher speed in slow corners so it won't be too easy."

Some extra stuff with the menu: the difficulty is now configurable in track racing, expanded game options (tips for racing against AI, setup advice in-game, data about your car selected), and driving school guides (this is not in-game).

CMT 1990s and 2000s mods sucks indeed, as they are in alpha stage. Those mods are available for future development rather than for play. Give them time. A lot. Because the amount of work to do is downright brutal.

Or be part and help with the project. They are more than 40 people, modifying everything they can.

The guys from Wookey and CMT are both impeccable in ethics.
Hey. Where can I download the 2010-2013 RSV8 seasons?

Last edited:
Can someone please help through how to properly install mods to this game? I have been exploring mods and many are huge mod compilations with multiple seasons included with a modified base game. I am initially right now though attempting to add a few tracks and cars to my base game but don't know how to get them to show in game. In the season data I see tracks and cars but I am apparently missing something to get them to show. I have a 1970 F1 car and wanted to have it race on a new track I added but in it's own season if possible to show up. If not I could just add it to a current base game season if need be.

My end game is to combine multiple mods like the all seasons mod (1950-2014) with the 2021 season release and any other season mods I can find. So I figured I might as well ask if it's possible to do this without the game crashing if these mods are all coming with modified base games?

Hello!

This game is wonderful

I play the 1995 season

I had a problem with the boxes but I've fixed it more or less :)

Now I have realized that if I run a long race, I can refuel, but the rivals cannot
they run out of fuel and I end up winning

it is strange that the mechanics of the other teams do nothing

Hey Jims, here all my 50's mod (stand alone), install it in this order:
1) 1955/1956 mod:

2) 1957 mod:

3)1958 mod:

These are the my cars:

Coventry fix:
copy -->http://www.mediafire.com/file/m6ms94vmr6dpbws/1958_coventry_fix.7z/file <--paste

Tires fix:
copy -->http://www.mediafire.com/file/04zny4qx817kwi8/50s_tbc_fix.7z/file<--paste

Regards, Luigi 70
Hi, i install 1955/1956 mod on win7. It starts but after launching a race the game crashes with the error :

TRACE LEVEL = 2
NetComm.cpp 6949: NetComm checking command line: "-trace=1000"
game.cpp 360: Entered Game::Enter()
osman.cpp 420: Entered OSMan::Enter()
setup.cpp 704: Could not find VW2.SFX
vidman.cpp 928: Entered VidMan::Enter()
specialfx.cp 2798: Entered SpecialFX::Enter()
dynman.cpp 507: Entered DynMan::Enter()
plrfile.cpp 2463: Entered PlayerFile::Enter()
sound.cpp 661: Entered Sound::Enter()
hwinput.cpp 5205: Entered HWInput::Enter()
onscreen.cpp 2604: Entered OnScreen::Enter()
game.cpp 430: Entered Game::Setup()
hwinput.cpp 5225: Entered HWInput::Setup()
options.cpp 1169: Entered Options::Setup()
tire_manager 1080: Non-existent tire brand ""

Is some file missing ? Any idea ?
Regards

Hi, i install 1955/1956 mod on win7. It starts but after launching a race the game crashes with the error :

TRACE LEVEL = 2
NetComm.cpp 6949: NetComm checking command line: "-trace=1000"
game.cpp 360: Entered Game::Enter()
osman.cpp 420: Entered OSMan::Enter()
vidman.cpp 928: Entered VidMan::Enter()
specialfx.cp 2798: Entered SpecialFX::Enter()
dynman.cpp 507: Entered DynMan::Enter()
plrfile.cpp 2463: Entered PlayerFile::Enter()
sound.cpp 661: Entered Sound::Enter()
hwinput.cpp 5205: Entered HWInput::Enter()
onscreen.cpp 2604: Entered OnScreen::Enter()
game.cpp 430: Entered Game::Setup()
hwinput.cpp 5225: Entered HWInput::Setup()
options.cpp 1169: Entered Options::Setup()

Is some file missing ? Any idea ?
Regards
try using latest 3D Config and EXE fix

Hi folks,
Does anybody still have the ETCC 2003 Evolution mod for F1 Challenge? I cannot find any working links on the web, only for older versions. The original installer was a 255 MB executable. If any of you still have it, could you upload it? Thank you!

Hi folks,
Does anybody still have the ETCC 2003 Evolution mod for F1 Challenge? I cannot find any working links on the web, only for older versions. The original installer was a 255 MB executable. If any of you still have it, could you upload it? Thank you!
try searching in f1c.br. blogspot page

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back