Status
Not open for further replies.

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
f1fun.jpg

Game: F1 2010 - The Game by Codemasters. Click here to buy it directly from Steam
Class: Formula 1
Track:
Various Tracks (Ralf Eiden Style = random selection)
Weather:
Dry
Opens: 19:00 GMT
Ends: Do we?
Password & Rules: click here

First of all apologies for the inactivity on the forum from myself, some of it couldn't be helped but I will be more active on here for the remainder of the season.

We will continue to finish the season as planned though every race being a week later due to not racing last week.

I have updated the roster, which as you can see still has some spaces left, so if you know anyone that might be interested in racing for 5 weeks then be sure to send them here.

Due to the drop off in numbers, we'll be going back to the system used at the end of last season, where you state your availability on the thread rather than unavailability. If we don't hit a minimum of 15 drivers by an hour before the race then the race will be cancelled and we'll move on to the next round.

@MynamesJarod
@Alex2196
@alex1994128
@Logshotter20
@Mitchell Haverlag
@Martijn Boontje
@danny blake
@WillMurdoch93
@BigC_015
@Dawidos
@Ollie_D631
@NSX_Berreh
@Cripton-iite
@DemoN F1
@Hasnain282
@janbo
@clarky_110
@Liam Stead

Hi guys, just wanted to let you know I won't be participating for the rest of the season.

In all honesty, I've lost complete motivation or desire to play the game. I am in PSGL F2 as well, and I don't do any laps for that either and honestly, I'd rather keep a night free.

I've enjoyed my time in RD, especially when the grids are decent but yeah, I am busier with work and my other projects and I don't want to force myself to do something or practice for something which may or may not happen, and additionally something I won't enjoy.

I won't be too critical of the administration, although the it could be better.

Thanks and good luck for the rest of the season if it happens,

Connor

Hey @Hasnain282 @Martijn Boontje . I didn't want to post this in the sign up thread because I'm not *fully* committed with a decision....

I'm *unlikely* to be available to race often for the rest of the season if it goes ahead. First and foremost I'm on a master's year of my engineering course, and it is absolutely piledriving me up the rear right now. Even if I were to turn up I wouldn't be practising. For me though once the interest from everyone has dropped and people have started leaving any kind of interest I have goes with is as well. Waiting around until late in the day each week to see if I'm racing doesn't really do it for me, and I'd rather just cut my losses straight up than endure the pain.

Not really sure what it is that makes the numbers drop mid season in the last couple years, but it does rather point towards the current set up coming toward its end. I think I'm at the point now where I'd rather boot up F1 sporadically like for that 100% race we did a few months back on F1 2019, just to have some one off fun and not have it tied down week on week.

If there was a good vibe about the place and a booming, competitive grid I'd probably have stuck it out, but with how it is now I can't justify the time spent on RD versus my degree. So with that, please consider me unlikely to put my name forward available to race from here on out.

I'm terribly out of form, having been forced to recover from an injury for the past few weeks. The Monza race went on heavy pain killers but it was a steep slope after that.. That being said, I'm still enjoying racing and will definitely take part tonight if the race goes on.

I'm sorry but this is starting to feel a bit silly to me. Everyone quitting because everyone is quitting? How about not quitting?

Should we just shorten the calendar and get the season done with? Maybe vote for 2 tracks from the remaining ones and finish in style? I'm sure you guys have 2 more weeks in you.

I'm sorry but this is starting to feel a bit silly to me. Everyone quitting because everyone is quitting? How about not quitting?

Should we just shorten the calendar and get the season done with? Maybe vote for 2 tracks from the remaining ones and finish in style? I'm sure you guys have 2 more weeks in you.
Yeah i think this would be a good way to finish the season

Well because most of us cba to invest 4 hours+ into racing around singapore with a 11 man grid, i think with another track the willingness to race would be a lot higher.

Speaking for myself since around britain i have a massive dip in motivation and since around spain i only played the game on tuesdays for RD. so obv i want to have fun while racing and with low numbers its just miserable

Well because most of us cba to invest 4 hours+ into racing around singapore with a 11 man grid, i think with another track the willingness to race would be a lot higher.

Speaking for myself since around britain i have a massive dip in motivation and since around spain i only played the game on tuesdays for RD. so obv i want to have fun while racing and with low numbers its just miserable

I do understand that you want to have fun while racing, we all do I'm sure. 10-12 cars is too little, I agree, but what I don't quite understand why a full grid matters so much to the front runners. They'll be a pit stop ahead of the guys out of top 10 anyways, so it's hard for me to grasp that. If anything it should be a problem for guys like me who are usually somewhere in the middle of the pack.

I do understand that you want to have fun while racing, we all do I'm sure. 10-12 cars is too little, I agree, but what I don't quite understand why a full grid matters so much to the front runners. They'll be a pit stop ahead of the guys out of top 10 anyways, so it's hard for me to grasp that. If anything it should be a problem for guys like me who are usually somewhere in the middle of the pack.
I was on the podium in every single race from singapore onward last season. Each of those races were with grids between about 10-13 people. Even winning those races they felt like a complete waste of time and I looked forward to the end.

I don't think I've even seen 15 people respond for or against which says a lot about the numbers right now. For one reason or another the league's fallen apart a bit over recent weeks, which is undoubtedly a shame but it is what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes